Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Suggestion..

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-07, 03:56 PM
aequitas3
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Suggestion..

Another forum I'm a member of started "official" threads for each of their colors.

Members could post pics of their own rides that were that color, or they could use it as a reference for themselves. In doing that, you had a centralized referrence for all the different colors. It helped establish community a little more, and cut down on the amount of reposts and "what color should I get?" threads.

Would the other members here be interested in that? Maybe we could sticky them? The reason I'm posting here in the IS 2nd Gen forum is that there is a stickied thread about forming more of a sense of community. I think doing this and stickying the threads would help to establish that a little more here.

What do you think?
Old 11-24-07, 05:34 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you want to start one, go for it.

You'll never know how it'll turn out until you lead the masses...
Old 11-24-07, 05:59 PM
aequitas3
Driver

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
If you want to start one, go for it.

You'll never know how it'll turn out until you lead the masses...
Threads coming soon...
Old 11-24-07, 06:05 PM
ReLexin
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The desert Sage metallic will be filled with me and maybe one other. o well i look lookin at other colors. Im color blind same diference.
Old 11-24-07, 07:07 PM
aequitas3
Driver

Originally Posted by ReLexin
The desert Sage metallic will be filled with me and maybe one other. o well i look lookin at other colors. Im color blind same diference.
lol... who knows, maybe you'll run into some others you never knew were out there...

that's cool though, it's good to see some people switch it up and go for colors out of the norm.
Old 11-24-07, 08:47 PM
aequitas3
Driver

Moderators,

After thinking about it a little more, there would be too many threads to sticky all of the individual colors.

If you want, I can create a new thread containing all of the links to the individual color threads I just created. You could then lock the thread after that, and that way we'd have a stickied link to all of the threads. It should save you some bandwidth, keep things more organized, and cut down on reposts.

Hopefully you won't have as many "what color should I get" or "can you post a pic of _______" threads either that way.
Old 11-24-07, 10:54 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

While I can appreciate the idea and the effort, there are several threads that already accomplish this. There's this thread that covers most of the colors in a single thread, as well as this 18-page thread with poll that has discussion as well as photos of most of the colors, too... Having a thread for each color only clutters the 2IS forum and makes searching more difficult; adding stickies to the forum only takes up more page space and allows less space for the threads currently being discussed. A better approach may be adding the threads that cover most of the colors to the FAQ thread found at the top of the page.

Javier
Old 11-25-07, 01:01 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by javyLSU
A better approach may be adding the threads that cover most of the colors to the FAQ thread found at the top of the page.

Javier
Hmm i was under the assumption that the threads would be left on the main pages for a few days to fill up, THEN be moved to within the FAQ page (not sticky'd for each thread) WHICH imo would be fantastic. It would be a great resource within the FAQ for ppl searching for specific colors of cars, may even cut down on the amount of 'new ppl color question pic REQ threads'.

Last edited by llamaboiz; 11-25-07 at 01:04 AM.
Old 11-25-07, 01:54 AM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

some threads have alot of pictures, they should be renamed to "Official (Color) ISx50 Thread"
Old 11-25-07, 02:43 AM
aequitas3
Driver

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
Hmm i was under the assumption that the threads would be left on the main pages for a few days to fill up, THEN be moved to within the FAQ page (not sticky'd for each thread) WHICH imo would be fantastic. It would be a great resource within the FAQ for ppl searching for specific colors of cars, may even cut down on the amount of 'new ppl color question pic REQ threads'.
Yeah, I think that would help too... Whatever makes things easier for the users of ClubLexus, and whatever can help save bandwidth/cut down on reposts I'm all for.

Originally Posted by Rashood
some threads have alot of pictures, they should be renamed to "Official (Color) ISx50 Thread"
They could always be merged into the new threads, right?
Old 11-25-07, 10:57 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
The new threads aequitas3 created will be left to live the normal life of any other thread. We have an excessive amount of stickies already, and as I've stated before, all it does is consume screen space and make each page of threads smaller, since the stickies are at the top of EVERY page. IMO a comprehensive color thread would be easier to reference and link, and possibly add to the FAQ thread. Alternatively, we could add the links to the FAQ's like this:

Color threads and paint codes for the 2IS:
Glacier Frost Mica (074) | Starfire Pearl (077) | Crystal White (062) | Breakwater Blue Metallic (8R6) | Black Sapphire Pearl (8U0) | Obsidian (212) | Matador Red Mica (3R1) | Tungsten Pearl (1G1) | Mystic Gold Metallic ( 4P7) | Black Onyx (202) | Desert Sage Metallic (6U3) | Blue Onyx Pearl (8P8) | Golden Almond Metallic (4T1) Smoky Granite Mica (1G0)

Any colors listed above without links don't have any new "official" threads created for them yet. Before creating one, though, we should search to see if there's already one that we could use instead of just creating new threads for all the colors.
Originally Posted by aequitas3
Yeah, I think that would help too... Whatever makes things easier for the users of ClubLexus, and whatever can help save bandwidth/cut down on reposts I'm all for.

They could always be merged into the new threads, right?
What's funny is that the reason there are reposts is not because of the lack of stickies or available threads, but instead because people tend to not read the stickies. I would venture that 90% of the threads started by newbies are addressed/answered in the FAQ thread, if they would bother to read it. To this forum's credit, however, we do a great job of addressing the questions and providing pictures when asked, even if there are already a million threads already addressing the issue.

Good job on the ideas, guys - keep them coming. An open discussion on how to improve our forum is always welcome!

Javier