IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

wheel spacers? newbie

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-07, 10:47 PM
iialcii
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post wheel spacers? newbie

I was thinking of getting some wheel spacers for my is250, for the meantime until i get my wheels which are forcasted in the future. I was think 12mm for the rear and 5mm for the front, to achieve a better stance, or should i get 12mm all around? im unsure of measurements but would like to get wheels as flush with the fenders as possible. for a wide stance look. anyone with suggestions? car currently is not lowered, only about 3.5 weeks old. thinking of ebiach pro or sport kit. any ideas would be great thanks

Last edited by iialcii; 09-17-07 at 12:22 AM.
Old 09-16-07, 11:58 PM
weesped
Lexus Champion

hummm, arent our wheels already staggered, so why would we need to get the "staggered look"?
Old 09-17-07, 12:18 AM
iialcii
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by weesped
hummm, arent our wheels already staggered, so why would we need to get the "staggered look"?
i would like to achieve a wider stance, just asking, noobie i am
Old 09-17-07, 01:15 AM
neova
Pole Position

I have Project Kics Wheels Adapter (spacer with new bolts built in) 10mm in front and 15mm in the back. Our Stock 18"s have +45 front and +50 rear for offsets so with my setup it will be +35 all around. These wheel adaptors are wheel centric and hubcentric and simply bolts on top of your existing hub (no need to get longer studs)

I'm on the OEM sports suspension and it's close to being flush with the fenders and you can still have 5 passengers and a full trunk and will not rub during maximum suspension travel or full turns (for the fronts)

Another member had some customer fabricated wheel adapters 12mm front 17mm rear on OEM 18's and Eibach springs. Think his username was JavierLSU
Old 09-17-07, 02:11 AM
iialcii
Lexus Champion

Smile

Originally Posted by neova
I have Project Kics Wheels Adapter (spacer with new bolts built in) 10mm in front and 15mm in the back. Our Stock 18"s have +45 front and +50 rear for offsets so with my setup it will be +35 all around. These wheel adaptors are wheel centric and hubcentric and simply bolts on top of your existing hub (no need to get longer studs)

I'm on the OEM sports suspension and it's close to being flush with the fenders and you can still have 5 passengers and a full trunk and will not rub during maximum suspension travel or full turns (for the fronts)

Another member had some customer fabricated wheel adapters 12mm front 17mm rear on OEM 18's and Eibach springs. Think his username was JavierLSU
awesome!!!thanks, great info will definately look more into it before i make my decision. Curious, ive read up on some spacer forums, owners have claimed to have bad high speed wobble in the stearing wheel? did you experience any handling issues after installing your spacers?
CL members are very helpful great to be part of the community. thanks again
Old 09-17-07, 02:48 AM
ISbb
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where do you get those Project Kics Wheels Adapter and how much are they?
Old 09-17-07, 09:37 AM
t.is350.h
Lexus Test Driver

Google mackinindustries, they have project kics. I don't know if our vendors have them.
Old 09-17-07, 09:43 AM
ISbb
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by t.is350.h
Google mackinindustries, they have project kics. I don't know if our vendors have them.
Do they ship oversea?
Old 09-17-07, 11:58 AM
neova
Pole Position

I got mine at evasive motorsports http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/me...s_Wheel_Spacer

Note that the wheel adapters (spacers) do not come with hub rings. You have to buy them seperately. The Spacer is hub centric to the car as standard. The optional hub rings will make the wheels hubcentric to the spacer which i strongly suggest to eliminate potential vibrations

iialcii - Wheel virbrations can be caused by an unbalanced wheel. Our factory OEM wheels are balanced so we're okay on that aspect. The other souce of wheel virbration can be due to using a non-hub centric wheel. Our OEM wheel is hub-centric to ensure that the wheel is perfectly centered on our hubs, but once you put a spacer that might change. Which is why you need to buy a spacer that is hub centric AND wheel centric. What this means is that the mounting side (back) of the spacer should be hub centric to the car's OEM hub & bolts, and the front of the spacer should be hub centric to the back of the OEM wheels. THis will ensure that the spacer is perfectly centered onto the hubs, and the wheel is perfectly centrered onto the spacer.

ISBB - Since you have aftermarket wheels, I suggest you just buy the wheel that has the correct offset that you want. I would only suggest spacers for those looking to keep their OEM wheels but want it more flush.
Old 09-17-07, 01:12 PM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Custom hubcentric spacers....

www.wheeladapters.com
Old 09-17-07, 04:37 PM
t.is350.h
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ISbb
Do they ship oversea?
they located in long beach....
Old 09-17-07, 08:36 PM
iialcii
Lexus Champion

Smile

I got mine at evasive motorsports http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/me...s_Wheel_Spacer

Note that the wheel adapters (spacers) do not come with hub rings. You have to buy them seperately. The Spacer is hub centric to the car as standard. The optional hub rings will make the wheels hubcentric to the spacer which i strongly suggest to eliminate potential vibrations

iialcii - Wheel virbrations can be caused by an unbalanced wheel. Our factory OEM wheels are balanced so we're okay on that aspect. The other souce of wheel virbration can be due to using a non-hub centric wheel. Our OEM wheel is hub-centric to ensure that the wheel is perfectly centered on our hubs, but once you put a spacer that might change. Which is why you need to buy a spacer that is hub centric AND wheel centric. What this means is that the mounting side (back) of the spacer should be hub centric to the car's OEM hub & bolts, and the front of the spacer should be hub centric to the back of the OEM wheels. THis will ensure that the spacer is perfectly centered onto the hubs, and the wheel is perfectly centrered onto the spacer.

ISBB - Since you have aftermarket wheels, I suggest you just buy the wheel that has the correct offset that you want. I would only suggest spacers for those looking to keep their OEM wheels but want it more flush.
Neova-Thanks for the explanation, this clarifys the problem that others have, thanks much.Do you have any pictures of how flush they look with oem wheels? Im very intrested and would like to purchase my own set of spacers...
Old 09-17-07, 09:11 PM
neova
Pole Position

here's the thread i made earlier when i had my spacers installed.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ghlight=spacer
Old 09-18-07, 09:04 AM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't the stock lugs have to be cut off in order to use those spacers from Project Kics? If so, then I would MUCH rather have the ones from H&R that simply replace the stock lugs with longer ones. Changing out the stock lugs is super easy. The H&R spacers are also about 1/2 the price, and are hub and wheel centric.
Old 09-20-07, 12:55 AM
FLAVAH
Driver School Candidate

i havent read the other posts, but all i gotta say is get HUBCENTRIC!

...and FLUSH is sexy

Quick Reply: wheel spacers? newbie