IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Dumb mp3 question before I buy new IS

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-07, 02:48 PM
jecko714
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GNG
Does it stay on, or do you need to push it whenever a new song starts?
it stays displayed the whole time u have the car on, even when u change cd's its stays on ,but as soon as u turn it off it goes back to the track # and than just repeat the process if u want
Old 08-08-07, 05:08 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 145 Likes on 107 Posts

The text works pretty well for me, of course I have Nav, here are some pics showing the CD text showing up, little blurry but gives you an idea, I guess if you have a really long long title song it will cut off not sure how many charac it allows:

Old 08-08-07, 05:16 PM
GNG
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the pics! Very cool.
Old 08-08-07, 05:26 PM
ajmtbm
Pole Position

yes but unfortunateoly as soon as you start moving all you get is a blank screen. ridiculous.
Old 08-08-07, 05:47 PM
Drunkebuda
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ajmtbm
yes but unfortunateoly as soon as you start moving all you get is a blank screen. ridiculous.
it dont hppen to me lol i get to see the text on the navi screen i pretty cool but i aso don see th need fo text when we got the steerig wheel control i jus skip track if i dont like it
Old 08-08-07, 06:44 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Originally Posted by ajmtbm
No blank screen for me when driving what you see above is what it shows moving or parked.
Old 08-08-07, 07:01 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, it reads both idv2 and idv3 tags. Yes it sucks because it does tend to truncate names.

Good point about the scion having that full integration. Doesn't the scion also have side turning signals and other stuff like that only is's outside of the states have?
Old 08-08-07, 08:04 PM
jdoolitt
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jecko714
it stays displayed the whole time u have the car on, even when u change cd's its stays on ,but as soon as u turn it off it goes back to the track # and than just repeat the process if u want
In case the OP is confused (there are some wrong replies up there) -- the way that Jecko describes here, is the way that MP3s will display on a 2007 IS. You have to hit the TEXT button to get to what you want (track, title, filename, etc) then it stays there -- for all songs, for all MP3s you have in your deck. Until you turn off your IS --- then you have to hit the dang TEXT button again, to get the display again. The ES350 works differently and remembers the setting - but sadly the IS does not.
Old 08-09-07, 02:01 AM
jecko714
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jdoolitt
In case the OP is confused (there are some wrong replies up there) -- the way that Jecko describes here, is the way that MP3s will display on a 2007 IS. You have to hit the TEXT button to get to what you want (track, title, filename, etc) then it stays there -- for all songs, for all MP3s you have in your deck. Until you turn off your IS --- then you have to hit the dang TEXT button again, to get the display again. The ES350 works differently and remembers the setting - but sadly the IS does not.
WELL PUT SIR, SORRY I WAS JUST TOO LAZY TO BE SPECIFIC,
Old 08-09-07, 03:59 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by Xanadu350
The text works pretty well for me, of course I have Nav, here are some pics showing the CD text showing up, little blurry but gives you an idea, I guess if you have a really long long title song it will cut off not sure how many charac it allows:
That's the detail screen. Go into the files and folders section, and snap a picture of the amount of the song title you see when you are looking for a specific song.
Old 08-09-07, 05:19 AM
Xanadu350
Racer

Originally Posted by Bichon
That's the detail screen. Go into the files and folders section, and snap a picture of the amount of the song title you see when you are looking for a specific song.
Yeah I know what you mean, but still isn't that what the detail screen is for? In the files and folders section it lists about 6 titles (going from memory since it's still new to me could be 8) at a time and then you can scroll down or up of those you see it lists enough of the track title for you to know what the song is, I mean if it listed the whole title they would have to make the font text very small to fit 6 songs on 1 page. I don't really see a problem with it.
Old 08-09-07, 07:16 AM
GNG
Rookie

Originally Posted by combfilter
Yes, it reads both idv2 and idv3 tags. Yes it sucks because it does tend to truncate names.

Good point about the scion having that full integration. Doesn't the scion also have side turning signals and other stuff like that only is's outside of the states have?
Yes - I was really impressed with my daughters Scion TC that she got 2 years ago. MP3 text, tire pressure monitor, turning signal on mirrors, and now full ipod integration (from what I read on 2008s) that allow you to view and control your ipod on the radio screen. I was hoping that since these two cars are in the same family that they would put the same technology that they do in the $17K car into the $33K car, but go figure!

Anyway, I'm thinking I would probably play MP3 discs more than the ipod. I have an ipod docking station on my home theater and it sounds OK, but then you put in a disc, even an mp3 disc, and it really opens up with more dynamics and clarity. Of course, the CD/DVD player in my home system has a digital optical output whereas the ipod is an analog connection (routes to RCA plugs, I would imagine that any ipod hookup in a car is basically the same thing since the the ipod has no digital out - at least, I don't think it does.
Old 08-09-07, 04:09 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

gng i find myself using more of the mp3 cd's myself instead of my ipod. The aux in is in a weird position inside the console that you have to typically have some ghetto wire running from.

If you spring for nave you can mod it to allow folder list while driving.
Old 08-09-07, 06:28 PM
ABC
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I too use mp3 cd's instead of the aux port.
Old 08-09-07, 06:28 PM
ajmtbm
Pole Position

did you do the navigation hack?

when i start driving my detail screen goes blank.

Quick Reply: Dumb mp3 question before I buy new IS