IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Can someone please help ? thank you !

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-07, 03:45 PM
Lexusboy76
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Can someone please help ? thank you !

dear all.
i am about to become an official memeber of this forum. i am in the painful process of deciding whether i should go with an IS with luxury package w/ ML or one with X package.

since i don't want to wait for an special order, i am thinking, perhaps naively in the eyes of you guys, IF IT'S POSSIBLE FOR ME TO ORDER ONE WITH LUXURY PACKAGE AND THEN RETRO FIT THE SHOCKS, SPRINGS AND BODY KIT AND WHEELS OF X PACKAGE.

is that even doable?

may someone please help me out. i am two days away from getting the car. thank you so very very very very much.
Old 07-07-07, 05:14 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Your in cali, you have 36 dealers to choose from, try go elsewhere.
Old 07-07-07, 05:18 PM
golfproatl
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Lexusboy76
dear all.
i am about to become an official memeber of this forum. i am in the painful process of deciding whether i should go with an IS with luxury package w/ ML or one with X package.

since i don't want to wait for an special order, i am thinking, perhaps naively in the eyes of you guys, IF IT'S POSSIBLE FOR ME TO ORDER ONE WITH LUXURY PACKAGE AND THEN RETRO FIT THE SHOCKS, SPRINGS AND BODY KIT AND WHEELS OF X PACKAGE.

is that even doable?

may someone please help me out. i am two days away from getting the car. thank you so very very very very much.
Simple answer is yes. Shocks are the same, only the springs are different on the sport/x package.

Body kit is an easy add on. You have other options with springs than just the stock sport/x ones and may even be cheaper options that look better. You could go for the X package wheels or maybe something even more original.

Really all you are asking is if you can mod your car to make it look different. Spend some time on this board and do some searching and you will get a bunch of ideas.

I highly recommend the LUX package btw. Good luck in you purchase.
Old 07-07-07, 08:07 PM
jdanon
Lead Lap

The luxury+ML package is rare. Jump on it if you can get it and worry about all the X package stuff later.
Old 07-07-07, 08:17 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jdanon
The luxury+ML package is rare. Jump on it if you can get it and worry about all the X package stuff later.
Yep, get the ML, it's worth the extra $1k + all the stuff in the luxury package. You can worry about the X package later.
Old 07-07-07, 09:43 PM
Lexustom
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lux and ML is the way to go!
Old 07-07-07, 10:25 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,858 Likes on 2,339 Posts

I had a similar dilemma. I got the lux/ML and have never looked back.
Old 07-07-07, 10:43 PM
khoongy
Driver

i agree with everybody else .
Old 07-07-07, 11:23 PM
ano0oj
Pole Position

Agreed! get the ML now...and just wait for everything else a bit later, plus, you'll have a choice in choosing what wheels you want now...not just limited to the Xpackage ones!
Old 07-08-07, 08:22 AM
nabisco
Lead Lap

I agree as well!!! Lux w/ ML
Old 07-08-07, 08:58 AM
tC_demon
Pole Position

Same here....It was really hard to my IS350 LUX+ML every where I went I had to special order the car some dealerships even laugh at me because I wanted a rare car...So next thing you know the Internet manager at South Bay Lexus calls me and tells me that she has the car I was looking for but another customer had bid on it. She told that in 24hours that customer doesn't buy it yours....the next day she calls me and tells me its avaliable for me at 500.00 below dealer invoice...So I told her SOLD!
Old 07-08-07, 10:27 AM
Dj_AmtraX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get the ML!
Old 07-19-07, 10:10 AM
tascma
Driver School Candidate

I'm a bit late on this but i was in the same position as you - i wanted the 250 Manual with the Luxury package (and ML) and the Xpackage options (wing, wheels, etc). Turned out that I had to custom order anyways as the Manual 250 doesnt come premade with an ML Nav.

Trust me its a lot easier to start with the luxury package and then add on what you want (i got the Kit, Wing, and G-Spider wheels), then to go the other way starting with the x-package.
Old 07-19-07, 10:44 AM
sirkfc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You probably already made up your mind, so this might be late.

I'll play devil's advocate here. I say go with the X or neither. If you don't use the stereo that much, or listen to talk radio all the time, or have non-discriminating ears like me, the ML is pretty pricey.

And if you are a single driver of the car, the Lux package might not be worth it either, since the only thing on there that I really wish I had would be memory seats, and even then, the price they charge when you break down the components is quite a load.

On the other hand, the X-package wheels look great, though then you're limited in your choice in colors... I think the $42K car is the best combination of value and features for cars available on the lot...
Old 07-19-07, 11:07 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tascma
Trust me its a lot easier to start with the luxury package and then add on what you want (i got the Kit, Wing, and G-Spider wheels), then to go the other way starting with the x-package.
So true.

Everything on the Lux package is electronic. You'd need to be technically savvy to add lots of the options such as memory seats, rear shades, and the such.

X-Package additions are simple plug/bolt-ons. Change the wheels, attach the front lip and sport pedals, and modify the springs.

Quick Reply: Can someone please help ? thank you !