IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Help me with my clear bra!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-06, 05:44 PM
CAIFAN_64
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Talking Help me with my clear bra!!!

I just bought my IS250 and I was thinking in putting the clear bra on my car. I decided that I was gonna go to areotect with francisco even though thats like 2
hours drive for me, any ways today I saw a new shop in my city that is doing clear bras with ventura shield and he said he can do all bumper, fender, and hood also headligths and fogs for 350. I think this is very cheap, I think aerotect
do this for 500.The problem is that this guy kit is precut and also I dont know much about ventura shield. So what do you guys think should I take it to this guy shop that uses precut ventura for 150dls less or is it worth it to drive 2 hours to areotect where they use 3m?? and I think he dosent uses precut kits.
Old 12-12-06, 05:58 PM
Irishman06
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For reference, Premier Mobile up here in the bay uses VentureShield exclusively. I just got mine done there last week, and I'm pretty satisfied.
Old 12-12-06, 06:08 PM
TR3XX
Pole Position

Default go aerotect

i highly recommend aerotect. trust me, you won't regret it.
Old 12-12-06, 06:10 PM
mctuners
Lead Lap

$500.. that seems a lot to me..
I am going to do the job by myself, since I know how to do window tint and I think it's pretty much the similar work process.
Old 12-12-06, 06:10 PM
CAIFAN_64
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Irishman06
For reference, Premier Mobile up here in the bay uses VentureShield exclusively. I just got mine done there last week, and I'm pretty satisfied.
thanks irishman, btw can you please tell me how much you paid??
Old 12-12-06, 06:52 PM
glilly
Pole Position

just fyi, it's not the same as installing tint or vinyl graphics. Even the professional installers spend 2, 3 even 4 hours installing these kits. If you think you can do it right on the first try, go right ahead, but i'd highly recommend paying someone who specializes in this to do so.

....just my 2 cents.

Greg
(installs vinyl graphics for a living)
Old 12-12-06, 09:57 PM
nighthawk
Pole Position

Also don't forget that Aerotech has experiance doing 100's of lexus 2IS's, a BIG advantage. How many have your installer done? That is the question!
Old 12-13-06, 01:28 AM
lexuspdx
Pole Position

Originally Posted by nighthawk
Also don't forget that Aerotech has experiance doing 100's of lexus 2IS's, a BIG advantage. How many have your installer done? That is the question!
I agree! You should definitely inquire about that. Experience counts. You don't want your car to be the guinea pig!
Old 12-13-06, 02:14 AM
aznxnyques
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CAIFAN_64
I just bought my IS250 and I was thinking in putting the clear bra on my car. I decided that I was gonna go to areotect with francisco even though thats like 2
hours drive for me, any ways today I saw a new shop in my city that is doing clear bras with ventura shield and he said he can do all bumper, fender, and hood also headligths and fogs for 350. I think this is very cheap, I think aerotect
do this for 500.The problem is that this guy kit is precut and also I dont know much about ventura shield. So what do you guys think should I take it to this guy shop that uses precut ventura for 150dls less or is it worth it to drive 2 hours to areotect where they use 3m?? and I think he dosent uses precut kits.

i have a 3M clear bra on my car and it was not pre cut... if anything i rather like the un cut ones better because they can stretch it to fit the car better.... the pre cut ones have lines tat do not exactly fit and are very stingy with the materials so it does nto cover the main important parts..... its pretty expensive to do it in NY so i think i paid roughly 700 for mine to be done and once it is done i am very satisfied because it met all my expectations
Old 12-13-06, 10:09 PM
crazy_vag
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where's aerotect located? I wanted to get a clear bra on my 350, but I'm not sure where to start looking. I'm in Northern California area.
Old 12-13-06, 10:17 PM
CAIFAN_64
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by crazy_vag
Where's aerotect located? I wanted to get a clear bra on my 350, but I'm not sure where to start looking. I'm in Northern California area.
I think you will be better off if you look for one place near you aerotect is located in la verne CA I think this is near pomona, unless you dont mind doing a long drive!!
Old 12-13-06, 10:28 PM
crazy_vag
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

With so many people talking about aerotect, you'd think this was a national chain. But I guess it just goes to show how many IS owners live in So Cal.

Are there some good places to have a clear bra installed up north in bay area? I've never cared about my cars enough to do such work, but when I look at all the chips on my 2000 Solara, it seems worth it.
Old 12-13-06, 10:38 PM
CAIFAN_64
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by crazy_vag
With so many people talking about aerotect, you'd think this was a national chain. But I guess it just goes to show how many IS owners live in So Cal.

Are there some good places to have a clear bra installed up north in bay area? I've never cared about my cars enough to do such work, but when I look at all the chips on my 2000 Solara, it seems worth it.

First you have to decide wich film you wanna use ventura shield or 3mm. after that you can google serch for their web page on there both of them have a list of proffesional installers in all usa, just put your zip code and Im sure you will find one near you.
Old 12-13-06, 11:53 PM
teejnut
Lead Lap

+1 for aerotect and francisco! you can also red out or tint out your taillights while you're there. also, for the headlights/foglights you can choose a different color overlay if you want to go this route...
Old 12-14-06, 09:19 AM
JasonC
Pole Position

If ur in the Bay Area, you gotta hit up Premier. Never seen better work. Just take a look at their website and you could tell who's on top of their stuff - www.premiermobilegroup.com. My IS is in their web gallery.

Quick Reply: Help me with my clear bra!!!