IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

You know you own a lexus when.........

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-06, 06:21 AM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 342 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by ff_
You know you own a Lexus when you fall to sleep behind the wheel because the driving experience is so unremarkable, and devoid of any feeling whatsoever.

You know you own a Lexus when everyone thinks you spent a LOT more on the car than you really did.

You know you own a Lexus when you take the car in for mechanical repairs, and the dealership refuses to fix anything but squeeks and rattles.
LOL!
And what's sad is that the LS430 is quicker than the outgoing S500. The LX470 is one of the most capable off road vehicles, and the new LS460's and 600's are damn fast too.

Alas, riding on a cloud...
Old 12-07-06, 06:32 AM
ff_
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vraa
The LX470 is one of the most capable off road vehicles
No, now THAT is funny!
Old 12-07-06, 07:19 AM
Irishfan
Driver

....when you care more about spending money on body kits/wheels than on actual performance-enhancing features.

Old 12-07-06, 07:37 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by ff_
You know you own a Lexus when you fall to sleep behind the wheel because the driving experience is so unremarkable, and devoid of any feeling whatsoever.

You know you own a Lexus when everyone thinks you spent a LOT more on the car than you really did.

You know you own a Lexus when you take the car in for mechanical repairs, and the dealership refuses to fix anything but squeeks and rattles.
You know you own a Lexus when you are happy with your car(s) and you have to put up with people complaining and moaning about every single thing.

You know you own a Lexus when you actually drive the car you paid for and not a loaner for 40% of ownership.

You know you drive a Lexus when people continue to bash and moan and try to throw stones at the brand because theiy hate that it is successful.

Old 12-07-06, 07:38 AM
NovaIS350
Lexus Test Driver

You know you own a lexus when you havent seen the repair shop in ages.

or when a BMW owner (my sister, my boss, and co-worker) says, "my car doesnt have that"..."whoa your car has that?"..."your seats are SOOO comfortable, very nice lumbar support"..."that is fast"

people hate on lexus cause they're established..a breath of fresh air in the autmotive industry. Change is hard for a lot of people...it's ok change is good people.

Last edited by NovaIS350; 12-07-06 at 07:47 AM.
Old 12-07-06, 07:49 AM
ff_
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
You know you own a Lexus when you are happy with your car(s) and you have to put up with people complaining and moaning about every single thing.

You know you own a Lexus when you actually drive the car you paid for and not a loaner for 40% of ownership.

You know you drive a Lexus when people continue to bash and moan and try to throw stones at the brand because theiy hate that it is successful.
You know you own a Lexus when you're surrounded by other owners that wear blinders.
Old 12-07-06, 08:03 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by ff_
You know you own a Lexus when you're surrounded by other owners that wear blinders.
Your claim for being unbiased, is biased

Old 12-07-06, 08:06 AM
MLevinson
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 9520G
You have learned how to tap dance(to disable traction control)

Your manual trans make more noise then your corolla,.............
Go purchase an Infiniti - then you'll be wishing you had a Lexus
Old 12-07-06, 08:08 AM
scawacs
Driver

when taking out any other keys from your pocket becomes a real pain in the butt
Old 12-07-06, 08:11 AM
nehal51086
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

when u walk back to your car and see 2 couples walking around it admiring it...and u pretend to do also...then as they leave u open the door and get in...pull up beside them at a stop light...the look on their face ...priceless...
Old 12-07-06, 08:16 AM
golfproatl
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ff_
No blinders just educated enough to know and understand the product(s) that I purchase. No false expectations. I know my Lexus is not perfect and I don't expect it to be.
Old 12-07-06, 08:34 AM
NovaIS350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ff_
when everyone else you know who owns a lexus is a young/middle aged working professional with a good amount of disposable income.

when half the people on the CL, LO, my.IS forums approve to the comment above.

when you've owned a mercedes and/or bmw, infiniti, Acura, Audi, etc.. and are extremely happy with your Lexus. even though it isn't the ultimate driving machine, represented by an artists paintbrush, made by the oldest car manufacturer in the world, or has a rally racing heritage.

When you test drove 6 different vehicles before test driving the IS and said to yourself..."this is definitely the one."

When you're okay with that fact that your car doesnt have super german nordschleiffe handling, when pretty damn good Lexus handling is plenty good for your taste...cause to be honest, how often do city folk race through mountains like in those cheesy car commercials anyway?

When you can't stop looking at you car...cause it's so damn sexxy, from the front to the back.

When you cuss out birds for pooing on your crystal white 350.

when you can keep going on and on with this post.

Last edited by NovaIS350; 12-07-06 at 08:40 AM.
Old 12-07-06, 08:35 AM
ff_
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Your claim for being unbiased, is biased

The more I think about it, I don't believe it's possible to be unbiased, without being completely indifferent about things. Which is the exact opposite of being an enthusiast. It's like having kids, and being asked which child you like the best. We claim to like them all equally, but in the end there's always going to be one child that you favor because of their personality traits.
Old 12-07-06, 08:37 AM
NovaIS350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SilverLexo
^^ This guy doesnt know he owns a Lexus. Maybe he should sell his Lex and get the driver's car of cars...Mercedes C230 hatchback.
Hey my sister had one of those..it was fun to drive. Even though it felt like you were driving a volkswagen cabrio convertible with a license plate that reads, "surfgrl"
Old 12-07-06, 08:38 AM
Irishfan
Driver

I have to say, I'm a little bit disappointed with the amount of pretentiousness I'm seeing in this thread. Sure, they're great cars, but by no means, IMHO, do they give you the right to:

- Think you're better than anyone else
- Be unnecessarily harsh to anyone making (what seems to me to be) tongue-in-cheek "negative" comments

Nothing wrong with a little pride in your purchase, but it's disappointing to see it being taken as far as it is.

High horse dismounted.

Quick Reply: You know you own a lexus when.........