IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

VSC off Button

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-06, 10:48 AM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default VSC off Button

Is this foreal? Found this off the Japanese IS Owners webpage. VSC off button on a IS250??

The button is darker then the rest. Anyone in Japan care to share?

I did babelfish, but I can't make sense of it like usual. I will paste it here anyway.

Aftermarket button? OEM? New IS?

"First, shape was the same! (It is natural... the sweat) privately most that it has become matter of concern, it does "VDIM cancellation" being to be, but... regrettable because 250 was, it became "VSC cancellation". But, "350 (VDIM) it is the same", with you spoke. When doubtful under the steering wheel left (laughing) 1 time switch is pushed, the doubtful lamp (the mark of slip) lights up under the meter panel right! っ て "TRC cancellation" it is... now the same... with being you think, it does, but when this doubtful switch length is pushed, "VSC OFF" lights up on the right of the doubtful lamp! Unintentionally the "う ふ ふ" was! Promptly, being to be the ぶっ we would like to throw with test drive, it does, but still during new model car inspecting (?) So it could not ride, (the tear) will 350 probably come out with "VDIM OFF" truly? You think that (it comes out with "VSC OFF" privately... laughing) does running change? Over it comes out? Unless (the diff. it changes privately, light as for over you think that it is unreasonable... laughing) with... the ぁ which is the pleasure! ! !"

If anyone has Japanese software here is it in Japanese

"まず、形は同じでした!(あたりまえだ…汗)
個人的に一番気になっていたのは「VDIM解除」だったのですが…残念ながら250だったので、「VSC解除」になってしまいました。
しかし、「350(VDIM)も同じですよ」とのお話しでした。
ハンドル左下の怪しげな(笑)スイッチを1度押すと、メーターパネル右下に怪しげなランプ(スリップのマーク)が点灯!って「TRC解除」じゃん…今と同じ…と思ったのですが、この怪しげなスイッチを長押しすると、怪しげなランプの右に「VSC OFF」が点灯!思わず「うふふ」でした!
早速、試乗でぶっ飛ばしたい所だったのですが、まだ新車点検中(?)で乗れませんでした(涙)
350は本当に「VDIM OFF」と出るのだろうか?(個人的には「VSC OFF」と出ると思います…笑)
走りは変わるか?オーバー出るか?(個人的にはデフ変えないと軽快なオーバーは無理だと思います…笑)
でも…楽しみだぁ!!!"
Old 08-02-06, 10:54 AM
nhidog
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have IS350 with that button, is it not suppose to be there? Sorry my car is only a week old, haven't had time to read through everything.

Nevermind it TRAC OFF button but same car swerving icon light. Doesn't say VSC though.

Last edited by nhidog; 08-02-06 at 11:00 AM.
Old 08-02-06, 11:08 AM
pocky
mooncake master

Originally Posted by nhidog
I have IS350 with that button, is it not suppose to be there? Sorry my car is only a week old, haven't had time to read through everything.

Nevermind it TRAC OFF button but same car swerving icon light. Doesn't say VSC though.
All current IS's come equiped with a TRAC OFF button, which disables some traction control up to 30MPH and it reactives.

VSC is on the 250's while the VDIM is on the 350's.

I just found this, and found it very interesting.
Old 08-02-06, 01:01 PM
erolmon
Driver School Candidate

My dealer told me, that all cars made from July 2006 come with a REAL VSC/VDIM OFF button.

In other words - no more "brake dance" needed.
Old 08-02-06, 01:16 PM
SPEED&ECO.
Lead Lap

i wonder how hard it will be to put that button in...
Old 08-02-06, 03:38 PM
RNelson
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

What we need is to look and compare the wiring diagrams for both and then we will be able actually use the "off" button and have it stay off.
Old 08-02-06, 03:46 PM
Payam
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RNelson
What we need is to look and compare the wiring diagrams for both and then we will be able actually use the "off" button and have it stay off.
I would be in heaven!!!!
Old 08-02-06, 03:51 PM
duckduck
Pole Position

hmm..maybe you would have to do a dance to push the button in to disable the VSC/VDIM/traction control like the 06 ISX50's =P (hahaha...ha)

...of course if lexus did that, it wouldn't surprise me.
Old 08-02-06, 04:45 PM
sab504
Pit Crew

Supposedly CL member Haveblue has done this VSC off module of his.

http://www.larsdennert.com/lexusis/vscdefeat/index.html
Old 08-02-06, 04:52 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Oh man! Lars did one. I must bother him with a phone call now.
Old 08-02-06, 04:57 PM
sab504
Pit Crew

Man, I hope hes able to provide all 06 2IS owners on here with a chance to be able to get this installed in their vehicles. I hate doing that dance, feels like im playing pump it up or something. Hook us up haveblue
Old 08-02-06, 05:00 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Just to clarify, the IS350 has both VSC and TRAC ...which is seamlessly controlled by VDIM. The 250 has VSC and TRAC only...no VDIM available.
Old 08-02-06, 06:13 PM
HaveBlue
Driver

Unfortunately it is more than a button and light. I doubt a wiring diagram will help. The Trac Off switch has four leads. Two for the switching action. Two for illumination. The fix is in the ECM firmware. In fact, I am going to inquire about getting my firmware modifed/flashed by Lexus to fix the Trac Off button properly.

If that happens, nothing further will become of my module and I will remove it from the car and let everybody know that it can or can't be fixed by Lexus. If it can't/won't be fixed by Lexus there will be some sort of arrangement regarding the modules but you will have to keep an eye on my website for that info. Personally I'd like to see everyone be able to get their ECM flashed as it is a much better solution but it may not be technically possible/realistic for them.

I'm very glad that Lexus has decided to fix the button. I wonder if any '07's were built before 7/06. If so they might have the '06 Trac off button.
Old 08-02-06, 07:59 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so now i'm curious. i just did the dance for the first time and then i drove the car around the block a couple of times. to me, the car was mostly out of control. what is the advantage, what is so great about vsc off? lots of spinning out, fishtail...car didn't appear to drive faster....or does it?
Old 08-02-06, 08:53 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,851 Likes on 2,335 Posts

I've been watching TIS almost daily for the '07 EWD release, just so I can see what they did, if it is wiring. If it's just a firmware thing, it might just be a new ECU or (maybe, but don't get your hopes up) reflash.

One thing I do know well about Toyco, they are extremely protective of their software. If they determine there is no need to reflash something (like ABS, TRAC, VDIM ECUs), they'll use ROM, burn it in, and break the links. Their attorneys are adamant about not being able to modify safety things. It was a pure stroke of luck we could remove the TRAC fuse from the Supra and disable the top speed limiter and the horrible electronic nanny. I hope they didn't do this with the '06s and a reflash is an option.

Quick Reply: VSC off Button