intellis
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i cant wait to try this.
Old 10-22-10, 12:19 PM
LED guy
Former Sponsor

The Newest light mod. Group buy going on now!
Old 10-22-10, 12:34 PM
SilentWish
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

what are the details of the group buy?

is the buy only for the lights? then we'll have to solder ourselvees right?
Old 10-22-10, 01:42 PM
brociouz
Uber 1337 Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SilentWish
what are the details of the group buy?

is the buy only for the lights? then we'll have to solder ourselvees right?
Here's the link to the group buy: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...oup-buy-3.html

Tim buys all the LEDs and does all the installation for you. Since you're in Canada though, you'd have to ship him your pieces.

That picture above is of my car btw. This is a great mod, I can't imagine still having that ugly green.
Old 10-22-10, 02:33 PM
SilentWish
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ahhhhh i wish i was near you guys so i can have tim mod on the spot for my IS!

i don't feel good about taking apart stuff and shipping them tho
so i guess i'll pass this time.. as much as i REALLY wanna get rid of the green!

sighhhhhhhhh
Old 12-04-10, 10:34 AM
worker
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CaThaFeR
..then slide the back of the housing off

I took your word for it and went outside to do this. It was freezing cold but I assume I could do it within minutes.

Omg, the clips were super hard to come off. I yanked it a few times and it still won't give. I had to stick the flat screw driver deep inside and help to put pry force on the clip to get it off.

I didn't know the GS assembly is different. It's actually 4 layers... Mirror, middle cover, main internal support and back outer cover. Here are the steps I took to do mine:

1) Unclip and remove mirror.
a) tilt the mirror up all the way
b) force the mirror up even higher with fingers and look inside. The clips on the mirror is clipping to a kinda square plastic. Forcing the mirror up like this expose the plastic enough to stick the flat screw driver in between and turn to pop the clip

2) Unhook the cables. This one took me awhile to figure out. What look like connectors pointing up and down parallel to the mirror is the connector for the connector. LOL The real connector is the square and bigger. Just pull the wire and that connector will pull one side and clicking as it comes out.

3) To remove the middle cover.
a) Unscrew the 4 screws.
b) I had to unscrew the middle screw. It's kinda gold color. That loosen the tilting plastic that the mirror was mounted and clipped on. Remove that and the middle cover than can be remove.

4) Took me a few seconds looking at the light to know that it can be remove without removing the back cover too. This is the only easy part to this... the light housing kinda clip on to the back cover, look at it a bit and you can see it's easily remove. Kinda just slide out

5) Install bulb
a) Twist the wire connector to get to the bulb
b) install the LED bulb
c) with the keyless, walk away pass the back of the car and come back to turn on this puddle light. If it's not ON than your polarity must be wrong so remove, flip, and reinstall the LED bulb. Test again and the bulb should light up.

6) Put everything back.
7) Get into the car and readjust the mirror. You can press the memory button. This is when I ran into more troubles. The mirror turn and started to click like it was jam. I had to remove the mirror again and the clips were just as hard to undone so I know the clips were in properly and I did check the top 'claws' too and that was also in properly. idk why, I just reinstall it again and press the memory again...the mirror was adjusted back properly, idk what caused it.

what a nightmare, I was freezing my *** off. Not sure I want to do the same on the other side. I'll just leave it for now.
Old 01-03-11, 11:24 AM
brociouz
Uber 1337 Moderator

Originally Posted by peterAP2
anybody find a place that sells replacement LEDs for the glove box and trunk???
I tried to replace my glove box light yesterday, but to no avail. First of all, the glove box light, like the reading and license plate lights, is already LED (probably 5000K in color), so it's not really worth changing them. You have to take apart a lot of things to get to the LED itself, and it appears to be of a proprietary design so there are no plug and play replacements I'm aware of.

As for the trunk light, read post #2 of this thread for info: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...de-w-pics.html

Last edited by brociouz; 01-03-11 at 11:37 AM.
Old 01-06-11, 07:59 AM
jlho1980
Driver School Candidate

is the side mirror puddle light removal the same in the 2011 (with the two screws at the back of the mirror)?
Old 01-07-11, 07:40 AM
brociouz
Uber 1337 Moderator

^ It's the same as the '09 and '10'models since the have identical side view mirrors.
Old 03-12-11, 08:08 PM
250chik
Driver School Candidate

Where did you get the door assembly from? I did a search online and found luxury motorworks but they want $20+ dollars just for shipping!
Old 03-31-11, 03:32 AM
turbon50
Driver

I was interested in modding all the lights to leds. Does anyone know the list of vleds that fit each location and are the brightest (not the bulb numbers, but the vled model numbers)? Are there better brands that last longer and are brighter? This is for an 06 gs300

Thanks
Old 03-31-11, 06:42 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Here is a pretty good write up:

2003 Lexus GS LED bulb Guide
Old 03-31-11, 07:13 PM
turbon50
Driver

Originally Posted by XenonDepot
Here is a pretty good write up:

2003 Lexus GS LED bulb Guide
Thanks, but that is for a 03 gs not an 06 gs, don't they have different bulbs and more bulbs in the newer models? If anyone knows of a list of what model vleds were the brightest to buy and fit without mods, I would like to have that link/list.
Old 04-01-11, 07:05 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Sorry about that. You are correct. I believe that most of the interior bulbs in that vehicle are already LED. We have had many customers upgrade their front parking lights to LED to better match their OEM HID low beams using our Putco high power 194 LED bulbs:

Steve
Old 04-02-11, 12:26 PM
turbon50
Driver

Originally Posted by XenonDepot
Sorry about that. You are correct. I believe that most of the interior bulbs in that vehicle are already LED. We have had many customers upgrade their front parking lights to LED to better match their OEM HID low beams using our Putco high power 194 LED bulbs:

Steve
yeah the car has leds but I was thinking if I wanted to upgrade to brighter leds what ones fit and were good (didnt die fast and were brighter)