IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Navi issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-06, 04:33 PM
Payam
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nicelex13
Im having a couple issues with the navi...I hate how the it fails to find addresses (says house number does not exist on that street), happens most of the time, even when i input my own house address (while i was sitting in the driveway!).
Secondly, if i set it as intersection option, it wont allow me to type in street numbers such as 73rd street and 40th av. Its mainly for street names such as Franklin Street and Washington Av.
For entering street numbers as intersections, you know you can click on the 0-9 on the bottom of the nav to switch it to numbers, right?
Old 05-24-06, 03:24 AM
Turkoman
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TimboIS
MB nav is a POS. It doesn't even remember the address number or address location on the street(ie. which side of the street). You have to keep that on a piece of paper. It only tells you that you are on the street where the address is located.
You must have used an earlier generation of the Mercedes nav. The one I have (06) is extremely precise in terms of street numbers and location. Programming it is a bit less user friendly than Acura though. It has only made one mistake to date in over 3 months of use. It also keeps all your entries with full street adresses etc. in the system so you do not need paper for it. Now if you want to see the full street address on the display, you have to hit the info button during guidance.
Old 05-24-06, 07:17 AM
Rockville
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default The Nav system is a computer program....

that takes some getting used to especially if you have been trained on another Nav. system. The Miami address should be in the system and I'll try it later at work. For numbered streets you do have to input numerals and go back to letters directly after the numbers for ex. 73RD ST. Always abbreviate the street type such as AVE ST DR PKY LN etc. Do not put a space in the number section of the address as that will look up a list that has something following the number like 2020 B 4th ST. If you are looking up a POI by name and there is a posessive apostrophe such as Ruth's Chris Steakhouse you have to switch to numerals to get the apostrophe in there or it won't work. On the gen 5 you can switch to QWERTY format if desired in setup. Some streets will have a N, S, NW, E, designation before or after the street name which should also be entered after a space. ex. 16TH ST NW. I hope this helps.

Rock
Old 05-24-06, 08:16 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Turkoman
You must have used an earlier generation of the Mercedes nav. The one I have (06) is extremely precise in terms of street numbers and location. Programming it is a bit less user friendly than Acura though. It has only made one mistake to date in over 3 months of use. It also keeps all your entries with full street adresses etc. in the system so you do not need paper for it. Now if you want to see the full street address on the display, you have to hit the info button during guidance.
Do you still have to enter the state/city before the street adress (that I found to be very annoying)? That was still lame. The Lexus nav is nice, because it narrows down the city list based on the street address.
Old 05-24-06, 11:22 AM
mike841
Driver School Candidate

One thing I love about the nav system is when I'm out driving and I decide to get something to eat to take home
or to eat there, I just find a restaurant on the map I like and press info and bingo, I get the ph. no., then call hands free thru the bluetooth, place my order and its ready by the time I get there. Same with shopping, I find a store or 2 that might have what I'm looking for then call them and ask, instead of driving all over the place. Yes, I could do that from home if I knew exactly what I wanted to do, but plans change thru the day and that feature comes in very handy.
Old 05-25-06, 11:57 AM
ocdavid
Rookie

As others have mentioned, I have found it much easier to enter the city first, then the street name and number. I have not had any problems doing it that way at all. Whereas putting in the number and street first would sometimes give me issues.
Old 07-29-14, 12:43 PM
connan23
Driver School Candidate

i just use ipad. lexus nav has been disppointing to me. it's wont find addresses i want to go 98 percent of the time and these r 5-8 yr old addresses. not even new and my dvd rom os 2013