IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

color matching help

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-05, 12:30 AM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default color matching help

ok can someone or multiple someones post CLEAR pictures of the glacier frost mica IS please? I would like to know/confirm that this color is essentially a flat gray/silver type of color. at the lexus site the tungsten pearl looks silver but the GFM looks slate/blueish. I really want to match a silver/gray exterior with the cashmere interior. having the car I have now and with my wife having an rx with the same combo I know I dont want to have black/charcoal interior again anytime soon and the sterling interior is hideous to me, much like the ash in a mercedes.

TIA
Old 11-25-05, 12:44 PM
jlin101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by digital_b
ok can someone or multiple someones post CLEAR pictures of the glacier frost mica IS please? I would like to know/confirm that this color is essentially a flat gray/silver type of color. at the lexus site the tungsten pearl looks silver but the GFM looks slate/blueish. I really want to match a silver/gray exterior with the cashmere interior. having the car I have now and with my wife having an rx with the same combo I know I dont want to have black/charcoal interior again anytime soon and the sterling interior is hideous to me, much like the ash in a mercedes.

TIA
Here is the link https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...=glacier+frost. Anyways, glacier frost is not silver; it is more like a pearl color (think crystal white with a beige/green tint). It is also available in the GS. To me it looks more subdued than Tungsten.
Old 11-25-05, 12:51 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by digital_b

TIA
Glacier Frost is more white biased than it is silver. Here's Glacier Frost on a GS under artificial lighting from the GS preview at Lexus of Glendale's new facility grand opening back in December 2004. Pictures cannot capture the true color of this car. But it is more similar to the previous 2nd Gen GS Parchment White color with a irridescent blue hue. It's not a DWP or Crystal White that's for sure.

https://www.clublexus.com/index.php/...iew/2474/1/10/

Old 11-25-05, 02:00 PM
rotoryfan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tks

Thanks for the pics Flipside -

This seems to be an elusive color - I have been to the dealer 3 times to see the color had have not seen it let. Pics help (and are appreciated) but I still need to see it in person.

I too am stuck between the White and GFM... (the white is nice but, I think, Acura has the best white - Diamond Pearl). Can't wait to see the Glasier in person...