IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

Need some help please!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-11, 01:29 PM
gturbo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help please!!!!

hi my name is gabriel i own a IS300 02 with a 1jz VVTi ... i did the swap and i sent the car to get the wiring for the engine done. well after a month of having my car in the shop the mechanic is telling me that i'm missin a computer.. i was like (a computer???????) so i asked him which one?? and he said the "Transmission control computer".... can some one please point me to the right direction im kind of lost here 'cause i thought i only needed the japanese computer and the american computer to make my car work... now! the car starts, runs and reverse works but it wont shift or when you put it in drive it comes out in 3 gear.. please i need some help here.. thanks in advance
Old 06-24-11, 09:08 AM
gturbo
Driver School Candidate

just views no comments??
Old 06-24-11, 10:53 AM
blueis300w
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by gturbo
hi my name is gabriel i own a IS300 02 with a 1jz VVTi ... i did the swap and i sent the car to get the wiring for the engine done. well after a month of having my car in the shop the mechanic is telling me that i'm missin a computer.. i was like (a computer???????) so i asked him which one?? and he said the "Transmission control computer".... can some one please point me to the right direction im kind of lost here 'cause i thought i only needed the japanese computer and the american computer to make my car work... now! the car starts, runs and reverse works but it wont shift or when you put it in drive it comes out in 3 gear.. please i need some help here.. thanks in advance
On your car the trans computer doesnt exist. The trans control is built into the main ecu. so there is no way you are missing anything. he most likely did not complete the wiring or did not do it right. I would look up conversion harnesses or find a new shop.
Old 06-24-11, 10:55 AM
blueis300w
Driver School Candidate

Also make sure the ecu you got with your swap was for a auto trans.
Old 06-24-11, 11:28 PM
slidingIS
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah your best bet wouldve been to send both harness' off and had them made into one
Old 07-08-11, 12:06 PM
gturbo
Driver School Candidate

thanks... guys.. today im going to pick up the car and look for another shop 'cause that guy eather doesnt know how to do it or he just doesnt wanna do it... he keeps saying that im missin g another computer....