IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

FULL POWER DRL's?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-09, 03:04 PM
KPC
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FULL POWER DRL's?

I just got LED's for my DRL's...put them in today and when I went to test them out, they barley lit up..not even enough to see during the day and only when i put the brights on they lit up all the way. I did some researching and was able to find a thread on my.is on how to change the DRL's to run on full power..seemed legit so i went ahead and did the mod..to my surprise it did absolutely nothing..they still barley light up..i spent $65 bucks on the LED's and I want them to work and run full power..can anyone help?..
Attached Thumbnails FULL POWER DRL's?-img00225.jpg  
Old 01-20-09, 06:25 PM
IS3_FTW
Pole Position

DRL's dont run full power. Its half power for the High beams. So when you use the High beams, they are full power. If the DRL's are on full power, then your driving with your High beams on at all times, until you turn your lights on. You dont want to be that JackAss that runs High beams while driving.
Old 01-20-09, 11:59 PM
3rdelement
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

but if he runs on brights....it wont be like normal brights. he has the led towers. how does it look running the lows with the brights on? does it look good?

also consider your local laws. most states have a rule on the books that you are not allowed more than your running lights and a set of accessory lights at the same time. thats why your fogs shut off when you hit your brights.

good luck. check out my.is maybe the mod is on there
Old 01-21-09, 12:09 AM
350ISRYDER
Pole Position

Default You need to buy 2

Originally Posted by KPC
I just got LED's for my DRL's...put them in today and when I went to test them out, they barley lit up..not even enough to see during the day and only when i put the brights on they lit up all the way. I did some researching and was able to find a thread on my.is on how to change the DRL's to run on full power..seemed legit so i went ahead and did the mod..to my surprise it did absolutely nothing..they still barley light up..i spent $65 bucks on the LED's and I want them to work and run full power..can anyone help?..
VLED MODULES from VLEDS.com They push more wattage to the DRL bulbs! You need to buy 2! here is a pics of what they look like!
Attached Images  
Old 01-21-09, 12:11 AM
350ISRYDER
Pole Position

Default Here is the final product of that module!

...here you go...PIAA TERA BULBS with VLED MODULES!
Attached Thumbnails FULL POWER DRL's?-leds.jpg  
Old 01-21-09, 12:14 AM
3rdelement
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

very nice. i like it
Old 01-21-09, 04:09 AM
xinvazn
Rookie

theres actually a mod on my.is, try searching up full power drl
Old 01-21-09, 07:53 PM
IS3_FTW
Pole Position

Originally Posted by KPC
xinvazn, He already did that

Originally Posted by 3rdelement
but if he runs on brights....it wont be like normal brights. he has the led towers. how does it look running the lows with the brights on? does it look good?

also consider your local laws. most states have a rule on the books that you are not allowed more than your running lights and a set of accessory lights at the same time. thats why your fogs shut off when you hit your brights.

good luck. check out my.is maybe the mod is on there
To add...

There is a way to have your drving lights/highbeams/foglights all on at the same time. But it will fry your fuse box. So its not recommended.

Last edited by IS3_FTW; 01-21-09 at 07:57 PM.
Old 01-23-09, 01:19 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 350ISRYDER
...here you go...PIAA TERA BULBS with VLED MODULES!
All I can say is WOW!!! Love the look on the 2gen.
Old 01-27-09, 07:51 AM
juniorsdad
Lead Lap

chk out these 2 threads from my.is
http://my.is/forums/f161/oracle-9005...-is350-370373/
http://my.is/forums/f161/drl-bulbs-resistors-377197/
Old 01-27-09, 11:32 AM
KPC
Pole Position

heyy thanks for all of your help..i actually ordered the vled modules last week..they should be here later today or tomorrow..I hope they work! :/ ill let you guys know and if they do ill post pics..thanks for all of your help everyone!
kyle
Old 01-27-09, 11:39 AM
jns350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by KPC
heyy thanks for all of your help..i actually ordered the vled modules last week..they should be here later today or tomorrow..I hope they work! :/ ill let you guys know and if they do ill post pics..thanks for all of your help everyone!
kyle
They work killer.....I have the same module....the same bulb..you will be a happy camper..plug and play and your done!!!!
BTW minus the turn signal mod...just in case..I dont want to confuse anyone.......DRL on with module and SM T bulbs
Attached Thumbnails FULL POWER DRL's?-101_1397.jpg  
Old 02-03-09, 05:19 AM
rclab1
Pole Position

how do you plug and play that module? do I have to modify anything? meaning, where do I attach that new V-LED module? on the LED bulb its self?????

also, with the Day time Running lights on, is it too bright? brigheter than low beams?

what happens to the high beams when its on? nothing?
Old 02-15-09, 02:46 PM
KPC
Pole Position

Default Finally

Alright FINALLY I got everything working!..turns out that I didnt need the two "drl modules" from V-leds..I needed a 25 ohm resistor for the passenger's side, then a “Y” harness plugs into the driver's side to power both passengers side and drivers side bulbs. Mounted the 25 ohm resistor to an aluminum plate. Heres the pics of the finished product. Used my camera phone so the pics arent the best.

Resistor and mounting plate

"Y" harness

Full Power DRL's w/ V-led 9005 LED's

At Night...

Let me know what you all think! Thanks!
Old 02-15-09, 03:34 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

Does your momma know you park in the road and take pictures?

Looks good, the whole car does.

Quick Reply: FULL POWER DRL's?