IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

Irresponsible people...

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-06, 08:03 PM
lqaddict
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Irresponsible people...

I live in NYC, and know the responsibilities when you leave your car on the streets, that's why I pay a premium on my insurance.
Come Saturday morning, and I find my IS damaged. Someone rammed it backing out. I was parked the first car before a fire hydrant, so no cars were parked in front of me when I left it there.

I called the cops and the insurance, on Wednesday I have an appointment to assess the damage.
Here're URL's to the pictures:

Last edited by lqaddict; 11-12-06 at 08:29 PM. Reason: added URL's to pics
Old 11-12-06, 08:17 PM
btorok
Pole Position

Pics don't show, but damn man sorry to hear that. :|
Old 11-12-06, 08:20 PM
lqaddict
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by btorok
Pics don't show, but damn man sorry to hear that. :|
Thanks, I updated the post with the URL's to the pics
Old 11-12-06, 08:36 PM
btorok
Pole Position

Ouch, that hurts.
Old 11-12-06, 08:38 PM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

damn thats pretty bad. Looks like at least a new hood. NYC sux, cause you can have a nice car. You always worry bout some a-hole doing ***** like that. Good luck man.
Old 11-12-06, 08:48 PM
lqaddict
Driver School Candidate

Well, they got the bumper scuffed as well, and I am not sure what else, since the hood won't pop open. Car started and drove fine, I did not notice any leaks. come Wednesday, I will have an estimate in hand.
Old 11-12-06, 08:59 PM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

where are u in nyc?
Old 11-12-06, 09:09 PM
lqaddict
Driver School Candidate

I am in Brooklyn, Russian Parkway - Ocean Parkway.
Old 11-12-06, 09:33 PM
LXMN
Lexus Test Driver

You should put some orange cones in front/back of your car.
Old 11-12-06, 09:39 PM
lqaddict
Driver School Candidate

I would not believe an orange cone would have prevented it, it would get jacked thats' for sure... 4 walls and a roof could've done a better job keeping the car from the ventures of the streets, but anyway you cannot haul that with you every time you go out.
Old 11-12-06, 09:47 PM
LXMN
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lqaddict
I would not believe an orange cone would have prevented it, it would get jacked thats' for sure... 4 walls and a roof could've done a better job keeping the car from the ventures of the streets, but anyway you cannot haul that with you every time you go out.
How about a couple of 2x4's on the ground? You could put them in the trunk when you leave. Just make sure they are all splintered up so no one will want to pick them up with their bare hands. Plastic box in the trunk for storage. (not actually serious about the cones or the wood)

Just a shame that people cannot respect someone else's nice car. Everytime I park my Lexus, someone will park next to me. I always park in BFE, but it never fails.
Old 11-12-06, 09:47 PM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

gotcha yea man you're right in my area I live in Coney island. Let me know if you need a good shop to do the work.
Old 11-12-06, 10:02 PM
lqaddict
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LXMN
How about a couple of 2x4's on the ground? You could put them in the trunk when you leave. Just make sure they are all splintered up so no one will want to pick them up with their bare hands. Plastic box in the trunk for storage. (not actually serious about the cones or the wood)

Just a shame that people cannot respect someone else's nice car. Everytime I park my Lexus, someone will park next to me. I always park in BFE, but it never fails.
Thanks man. I try parking between the driveways, but I came to conclusion that without a garage, it is anyones play. I am constantly looking for a garaged space to rent, but no luck for the last 3 years after my Eclipse got side swiped by someone pulling out from a parking spot across the pavement, plus I thought I live in somewhat good area, and I hate leaving the city - paradox.
Old 11-12-06, 10:07 PM
lqaddict
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Spyder78
gotcha yea man you're right in my area I live in Coney island. Let me know if you need a good shop to do the work.
I am going to some place on Foster Av on outskirts of Brooklyn for an estimate, and since I already have to loose a day at work I cannot afford any leisure looking for a place to do the repairs and collect whatever left of the estimate, so I might as well have them to do the repairs - subject to googling/research on the reputation of the shop if available -, but I do appreciate an offer. Thanks.
Old 11-12-06, 10:10 PM
LXMN
Lexus Test Driver

I feel you, someone put a huge dent in the fender of my Honda Prelude last year. (with their door) Not to mention all the door dings. You would think that people know that they damaged your car when they hit it. Even if they didn't have insurance, an apology would be nice. (leave a note with the damage to make the incident a little less devestating)

Quick Reply: Irresponsible people...