IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

IS 300 wagons? Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-05, 06:11 PM
AstroBoy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IS 300 wagons? Anyone?

Im not seeing too much IS300 wagons and why is that?? Are there even any body components or exhausts specifically for the wagon?? Im debating whether to get the sedan or the wagon. thx
Old 01-27-05, 07:57 PM
Fly_GQ_4u
Rookie

Cool IS300 Sedan

From what I hear the Wagon just has more room in the rear. But I would rather get the sedan is more appealing. I have a Silver Sedan 02.
Old 01-27-05, 08:05 PM
TRD-bB
Pole Position

Originally Posted by AstroBoy
Im not seeing too much IS300 wagons and why is that?? Are there even any body components or exhausts specifically for the wagon?? Im debating whether to get the sedan or the wagon. thx
Yes, not a lot of people buy the wagons (sportcross).
There are some exterior mods available for the sportcross, but they are hard to come by.

However, since the drivetrain and most of the car is pretty much identical to the sedan.
All the engine mods are interchangable.

I know I may sound wierd, but I always like wagons and hatchbacks over sedan.
But in America, sedans rule the road
Old 01-27-05, 08:32 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

there are less sporcross simply coz' there are less demand. just like asking where you see only a few e class and 5 series wagon. same answer.

the sportcross has quite a bit more space, and yes, the extreior is different at more than a few places. exterior mods for the sportcross are hard to come by, but if you want them you can still get them

for the engine mods they are pretty much the same, the only one i am not sure is exhaust?
Old 01-28-05, 06:19 AM
dolesun
Rookie

I think for the price of the sportcross, people would probably get a WRX wagon or just simply get a RX330. I don't really understand why the dealers are charging more for something that's not very popular........vs. the sedan.
Old 01-28-05, 09:05 AM
TRD-bB
Pole Position

Originally Posted by dolesun
I think for the price of the sportcross, people would probably get a WRX wagon or just simply get a RX330. I don't really understand why the dealers are charging more for something that's not very popular........vs. the sedan.
Hahaha, funny you mentioned it.
Those were 2 of my top choices before I got my sportcross.
I'm not a big fan of SUVs, and the RX does not handle as well as the IS.

I'm very close to getting the WRX, I even went to test drove the Saab 92X as well.
But the interior of both car is a real disappointment.....that's why I got the IS sportcross.

The sticker of a sportcross is a tiny bit higher than the sedan, but as you mentioned, nobody is buying it, the dealer are giving big discount just to get rid of them
Old 01-28-05, 09:49 AM
baadhabit
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rominl
there are less sporcross simply coz' there are less demand. just like asking where you see only a few e class and 5 series wagon. same answer.

the sportcross has quite a bit more space, and yes, the extreior is different at more than a few places. exterior mods for the sportcross are hard to come by, but if you want them you can still get them

for the engine mods they are pretty much the same, the only one i am not sure is exhaust?
theres probably less demand because not many people know about them.

just to be more original i'd love to have sportcross
Old 01-28-05, 10:55 AM
AstroBoy
Driver School Candidate

Im suprised theres not much tuned IS300 sportcrosses...I think itll be a great project and an ultimate sleeper in the auto shows.
Old 04-12-05, 04:54 PM
Kretz01IS
Driver School Candidate

kinda has to do with this, didnt want to start a new thread but might have to.. anyways my questions is, is the front clip/bumper the same in the sportcross and the sedan??? look the same to me but some one who owns a sport cross told me they were different. Ive never seen one in person. just wonderong.
Old 04-13-05, 12:23 AM
dayvers
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

hey guys, sportcross owner here. i'd like to clear a few stuff up about the sportcross.

an aftermarket sedan exhaust is a direct bolt on to the sportcross. well at least the hks hiper that is on mines.

i used tein h-tech springs for a sedan on my sportcross. the h-tech springs are roughly a 1 inch drop. but since my sportcross is a tad bit heavier it lowered it a little more. which looks better in my opinion.

the sportcross also has a subwoofer which the sedan does not. we have 9 speakers compared to the sedan having only 8

the sedan and sportcross bumper are different. if you look at mines, look at the fog lights, it is more "flush" to the bumper than the sedan fogs. i like the sportcross bumper better because it looks more cleaner in my opinion. there is one guy on is300.net named Joe Z (who by the way makes awesome intake pipes for the is300), fitted a sportcross bumper on his sedan. it looks real sweet.

my sportcross currently has - hks hiper exhaust, tein h-tech springs, Joe Z intake pipe/blitz filter combo, rollin on black 18's chrome lip

and i am not done yet

if you drop by is300.net on the sportcross forum there are a few doods with modded sportcrosses. we are a rare bunch, but we try to represent as much as possible!

if you have any other questions, let me know. and i'll try my best to answer them. thanks

dayvers
Old 04-13-05, 12:26 AM
dayvers
Driver

oh yeah, here are just a few of the rides on the sportcross forum on is300.net

sportcross owners represent!!!

Last edited by dayvers; 04-13-05 at 04:01 PM.
Old 09-12-05, 11:16 PM
dayvers
Driver

bump for more pics

Old 09-12-05, 11:17 PM
dayvers
Driver

and last pic of my car

thanks for looking

Last edited by dayvers; 09-13-05 at 09:42 PM.
Old 09-13-05, 12:59 AM
BlueISgurl
Driver School Candidate

Isn't the offsets of the back wheels different with bigger rear tires on the sportcrosses compared to the sedans also? Im not sure thats just something i heard...
Old 09-13-05, 12:01 PM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

The sportcross has never done anything for me. There was one in my subdivision, but he eventually traded it in for a sedan.

Last edited by chicagoblknazn; 09-13-05 at 12:05 PM.

Quick Reply: IS 300 wagons? Anyone?