Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2022 and up NX hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the NX Hybrid models. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other 2nd generation NX models.

nx 350h Base vs Premium

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-22, 06:07 PM
gerardz
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default nx 350h Base vs Premium

USA Based...So I currently have 2 deposits from 2 different dealerships since early April. I have gotten a VIN number from one dealership regarding a base 350h in my preferred color combo (Redline/Palomino). Now I initially wanted a Premium trim but with dealerships not knowing what they will be allocated, should I just jump the gun and go with the base model? my salesman says it is set to be built Sept 15, and hopes to have it by first week of October, so I have some time to weigh the pros and cons.

I know I'm missing out on:
  • Ventilated seats
  • Memory Seats
  • Keycard / Wireless charger
  • 14 inch screen
  • Ambient Lighting
Are any of these a game changer?? Lol... I hope I can get some clarity from of the replies here
btw.. I am coming from a 2017 Acura RDX base... Should I wait it out...????!!!
Old 09-12-22, 06:29 PM
scooky
Pit Crew

Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts

For ME,
Ultimately, I could live without all of it, but I like most of it too.
In order for my household give our age, climate, usage, etc.

The biggest item there for my household is the memory seats. I don't know how the other seats behave, but I really like several parts of these. If there are multiple regular drivers the memory is great. I also really like how the seat and wheel open up for me on entry and exit. Makes things easier one days I'm less flexible, dealing with a tight gap, or carrying smaller things to put on the passenger seat.

14" screen is very nice, but I haven't looked at the other one. It could be very nice as well. We are both at an age where bigger text is better :-).

Ventilated. We enjoy it for a few months of the year, but not a deal breaker. Adding tint is another way to reduce interior temps.

Keycard, Charging, Lighting. Fine, but don't care much. I've seen the lighting a few times. Wouldn't know if it was missing.

Head-up display. You didn't mention it and it isn't part of the Premium, but it is an option that might be spec'ed on top of premium. This is the first time I've had this. Can't say deal breaker, but I do like it a lot.
Old 09-12-22, 06:34 PM
gerardz
10th Gear

Originally Posted by scooky
Head-up display. You didn't mention it and it isn't part of the Premium, but it is an option that might be spec'ed on top of premium. This is the first time I've had this. Can't say deal breaker, but I do like it a lot.
this would be the only thing I think I would really miss out on, but in all the factory window stickers I have seen so far, I have yet to see it on a premium model as an add on.
Old 09-12-22, 06:40 PM
scooky
Pit Crew

Ah is good. Seems like you are on top of it. I was just scanning the brochure for related items.
Good luck with your decision. Hopefully others share some good insights.
Old 09-12-22, 07:37 PM
jatwell
Pit Crew

Received 57 Likes on 42 Posts

One other thing to note here is that with the 14” screen you get a 3 year trial of the online services (navigation, drive/safety connect). You may want to look them up to see if they offer anything you want. The 9.8 doesn’t have a trial. I think there are 3 subscriptions at $16, $8, and $8 a month.

If the wireless charger is a key deciding factor for you please note many people have issues with it not working well, or at all (me included). Best guess is it’s related to camera bumps and cases.

Get what you want. Regret is a terrible thing…
Old 09-12-22, 08:27 PM
midcow3
Racer

Received 491 Likes on 314 Posts
Lightbulb Either 350h is awesome in Redline/Palomino

I got the same color choice and it is awesome in redline with palomino.

Most of the options you listed you could do without,
  • Ventilated seats - nice if you live in a hot climate, but you don't need
  • Memory Seats - very nice, if you have multiple drivers, a single driver you don't need at all
  • Keycard / Wireless charger- worthless don't get
  • 14 inch screen - okay but not necessary
  • Ambient Lighting - Not needed.

The heads-up display is great as well as the digital mirror. You can get it as a separate package for $1,100

PANORAMIC VIEW MONITOR,* LANE CHANGE ASSIST,* FRONT CROSS-TRAFFIC ALERT* AND STEERING-WHEEL TOUCH SENSOR $1,070* is worth getting

The 350h is an awesome car, you will love whatever model and trim you get!

One advantage you have with either base or premium is you have 18-inch non-run flat tires. They will be quieter, ride smoother and last longer.

Good Luck, either way, you choose the NX 350h is an awesome car and you will be pleased over the Acura. Caution_ the NX will be quieter, get better mileage, but not feel quite as sporty. However, the 350h acceleration is no slouch and the hybrid electric motors come on at highway speed also to give smooth powerful passing.

Peace and Good Will

YMMV,
MidCow3
The following users liked this post:
LStoneX (09-12-22)
Old 09-12-22, 08:51 PM
gerardz
10th Gear

Originally Posted by midcow3
The heads-up display is great as well as the digital mirror. You can get it as a separate package for $1,100

PANORAMIC VIEW MONITOR,* LANE CHANGE ASSIST,* FRONT CROSS-TRAFFIC ALERT* AND STEERING-WHEEL TOUCH SENSOR $1,070* is worth getting

The 350h is an awesome car, you will love whatever model and trim you get!

One advantage you have with either base or premium is you have 18-inch non-run flat tires. They will be quieter, ride smoother and last longer.
I was under the impression that run flats were standard in all 350 hybrids?
I tried to build on the Lexus website a base with a hud and it required a premium package
Old 09-12-22, 10:00 PM
midcow3
Racer

Received 491 Likes on 314 Posts
Lightbulb HUD requires Premium package

Originally Posted by gerardz
I was under the impression that run flats were standard in all 350 hybrids?
I tried to build on the Lexus website a base with a hud and it required a premium package
Sorry, I didn't realize HUD required the Premium package; just rechecked and you are correct. I also think you are right about 18-inch tires being run-flat also but 18-inch should get a better ride than 20-inch. Having said that I have 20-inch run-flat tires but I plan to replace them with regular tires when the run flats show wear, estimated to be 20K. I am getting spare from Modern Spare though.

Good Luck with whatever you choose.

YMMV,
MidCow3
Old 09-12-22, 10:29 PM
NTM
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

get premium...
14" screen is good and very clear
Ventilated seats helps a lot in long drive even in cold season
other stuff i can live without
Old 09-13-22, 06:26 AM
scooky
Pit Crew

I think another variable someone might consider is how long they think they will keep the vehicle.
If it were for a short time, I wouldn't sweat the details. There will be more cars with even more features than these have that we can fawn over.

We typically keep our vehicles for 15+ years. So I'm going to be more selective about color and features as we will live with them a long time.
I expect the next few decades to have massive innovation in vehicles that we will not be chasing. 15 years from now our current fancy car will probably feel a bit out of date.
Old 09-13-22, 06:29 AM
redhot47fl
Intermediate

Received 262 Likes on 129 Posts

That's a lot of comfort, convenience and cool-factor you'd be giving up. This is strictly a personal decision, but I would wait until I could get everything - or at least nearly everything - that I want.
Old 09-13-22, 06:38 AM
Dkaplan
Intermediate

Received 117 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by redhot47fl
That's a lot of comfort, convenience and cool-factor you'd be giving up. This is strictly a personal decision, but I would wait until I could get everything - or at least nearly everything - that I want.
I agree! I wanted a fully optioned 350h and got everything except power rear folding seats! Took a while (8 months) but worth the wait!
The following users liked this post:
redhot47fl (09-13-22)
Old 09-13-22, 06:40 AM
Dkaplan
Intermediate

Received 117 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by scooky
I think another variable someone might consider is how long they think they will keep the vehicle.
If it were for a short time, I wouldn't sweat the details. There will be more cars with even more features than these have that we can fawn over.

We typically keep our vehicles for 15+ years. So I'm going to be more selective about color and features as we will live with them a long time.
I expect the next few decades to have massive innovation in vehicles that we will not be chasing. 15 years from now our current fancy car will probably feel a bit out of date.
Ditto! Kept the ISF for 14 years, our Prius for 12, and will probably keep the NX until 2037!
Old 09-13-22, 06:55 AM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

I have on order a 350h Premium. Memory seats and the digital rearview mirror were musts for me. The mirror comes with the heads up display for $1100. I've loaded it up with a lot of other goodies.

I wouldn't order and wait for months without getting what I want.
The following 2 users liked this post by rogerh00:
Dkaplan (09-13-22), redhot47fl (09-13-22)
Old 09-13-22, 06:57 AM
blueless
Pit Crew

Received 91 Likes on 60 Posts
Question Kick

The only one of those that I'd care about is the 14" display. Ventilated seats are nice to have, but not deal killer.
Can you add the Kick Sensor for the rear hatch to a Base trim? That's a nice feature to have. (Powered rear door is included in the Premium package.)

Last edited by blueless; 09-13-22 at 07:01 AM.

Quick Reply: nx 350h Base vs Premium