Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX400H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX400H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other second generation RX models.

Picture of the interior of a 400 H after removing the interior

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-21, 05:39 PM
bcolins
Pit Crew

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Picture of the interior of a 400 H after removing the interior

Somebody had asked to see a picture of the interior of my 400 H after I pulled out the seats and carpeting. That required pulling out the glove box the center console trim pieces and trim underneath the dash on both sides as well and the door sill cover plates plus the console and the tray under the console. Pic attached.
The following users liked this post:
Margate330 (03-22-21)
Old 03-22-21, 09:36 PM
Margate330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 872 Likes on 698 Posts

Wow that's a job!

Did you find anything interesting?
I found all kinds of kids toys from previous owner when I pulled the back seats out.
Old 03-23-21, 05:15 AM
bcolins
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Margate330
Wow that's a job!

Did you find anything interesting?
I found all kinds of kids toys from previous owner when I pulled the back seats out.
no unfortunately just lots of cola stains food bits broken crayons and other goo. I spent $15 at the car wash in an effort to get the cola and other stains out. That was about 70% successful then I ended up actually lightly spray painting with rust oleum IIx plastic paint then brushing the carpet out after it dried . Still some slight color variation in the carpet but most people will never notice it with the floor mats in etc.
Old 03-23-21, 07:26 AM
Vincenze
Pit Crew

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by bcolins
no unfortunately just lots of cola stains food bits broken crayons and other goo. I spent $15 at the car wash in an effort to get the cola and other stains out. That was about 70% successful then I ended up actually lightly spray painting with rust oleum IIx plastic paint then brushing the carpet out after it dried . Still some slight color variation in the carpet but most people will never notice it with the floor mats in etc.
All dry round the HV battery? That’s a hell of a job. Those back seats are heavy. You could put an armchair in now or maybe a Lazyboy massager chair.
Old 03-23-21, 07:47 AM
bcolins
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Vincenze
All dry round the HV battery? That’s a hell of a job. Those back seats are heavy. You could put an armchair in now or maybe a Lazyboy massager chair.
It was dry on the high-voltage battery but it was evident that cola had spilled on the battery case in the past as it was a brown stain with lots of rust underneath it
Old 03-24-21, 04:29 AM
Vincenze
Pit Crew

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

It was dry on the high-voltage battery but it was evident that cola had spilled on the battery case in the past as it was a brown stain with lots of rust underneath it
I think I see it. Rust at end of first valley. You can buy a special rubber mat to cover the metal apron. You can clean out the HV vents
You are one brave dismantler.
Old 03-24-21, 07:39 PM
ukrkoz
Racer

Received 224 Likes on 201 Posts

And you did all this - why? Surely, not to just remove spilled drinks stains.
Old 03-24-21, 10:18 PM
Margate330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 872 Likes on 698 Posts

I would do this if I ever got my hands on some Black Carpet.

Been looking in ebay on and off for last year and I've only seen for sale was beat to hell and nasty..
My silver carpet is hard to keep clean.
Old 05-16-21, 03:04 PM
bcolins
Pit Crew

Update on this. After putting it all back together I got hybrid hybrid battery fault code and noticed that the carpeting was wet. I pull the backseats out and the carpet up and there was considerable water in the backseat area and upon removing the top of the hybrid battery found the main battery relay was sitting in water. The relay had been replaced by the prior owner about a year ago. It turned out that the drain under the hybrid battery was clogged common apparently this is a common issue and it further turned out that water leaking into the back of the RX is a common issue there are technical service Bulletins about both of these issues. I was able to dry out the relay and reinstall then spent some time doing research and a bit of work to hopefully stop (turned out I didn’t completely stop it) the water leak, and also drilled a few preemptive drain holes under the rear storage bin area where water was initially accumulating.

Last edited by bcolins; 05-16-21 at 03:09 PM.