12v Gs450h battery replacement - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Notices
Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the GS450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the GS450H. Please use the main 3GS forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation GS models.

12v Gs450h battery replacement

Old 02-11-18, 05:51 AM
lucaman
Driver School Candidate

Default 12v Gs450h battery replacement

Hi to everybody. Is it right I can change on my own my battery, with a 70amp one's? No problem with the hibryd system?
Old 02-12-18, 05:34 AM
neurocity
Scotchy, Scotch, Scotch

You can change your battery. Not sure about Amp specs. I cant see it being a problem though.
Old 04-17-18, 05:19 PM
alexus77
Driver School Candidate

Is the OEM battery a traditional AGM or an advanced AGM

My situation (bought the NOCO Genius 7200 charger):

Hello All, I am hoping that someone here can help me by answering this question. I have called lexus (2 dealerships) and they do not know (concerning?) You would imagine they know how to properly charge the battery without damaging it. I have also tried googling without finding the answer

Is the OEM Panasonic AGM in the RX450h 2014 year, an "advanced AGM'' or a ''traditional AGM''. I want to charge it and I have a special AGM battery charger but you have to correctly pick this. It even warns with the ''advanced AGM'' as it charges at a higher 15.6V vs the 14.5V.."Caution use this mode with care. THIs mode is for 12-Volt Lead-Acid Advanced AGM Batteries only. THIs mode uses a high charging voltage and may cause some water loss in wet (flooded) cell batteries or overcharge in some batteries. While i didnt think this was a Lead-Acid AGM could be wrong, it does say that ''Advanced AGM batteries are a new battery technology typically found in start-stop micro-hybrid vehicles. Does anyone know for certain what type this is?

Also what is the actual warranty policy on these original OEM batteries from time of purchase of the car... 3 dealerships have told me 3 different answers and quoted me 3 very different prices on the battery.

Please and Thank you in advance.
Old 12-28-18, 07:55 AM
avinnc
Driver School Candidate

Has anyone found a suitable aftermarket replacement for the Panasonic S65D26L Battery (57 AH) - $327 from the dealer... From what I’ve found it looks to be a group 24 battery.... Group 34 is the correct size, but looks like the terminals are reversed.

Thanks!!

BTW.... I’ll check back in if I find a replacement.

Old 12-30-18, 03:57 AM
samsonn25
Pole Position

I dont believe there are any 100% replacements, most have to re use the vent hose. But there are similar AGM batteries for half the price.

BTW I never heard of advanced AGM. I would charge it on regular lower AGM setting.

Last edited by samsonn25; 12-30-18 at 04:25 AM.
Old 01-05-19, 11:55 PM
chrispy

I got a Duracell AGM 35/85 battery from Sam's Club for $150 and it works just fine in my GS450h.
The Following User Says Thank You to chrispy For This Useful Post:
avinnc (01-28-19)
Old 02-09-19, 08:31 PM
Gunspeed
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by chrispy View Post
I got a Duracell AGM 35/85 battery from Sam's Club for $150 and it works just fine in my GS450h.
Got pics ?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 12v Gs450h battery replacement

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: