Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the GS450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the GS450H. Please use the main 4GS forum for discussion about shared components with other fourth generation GS models.

Lexus GS450H Car Comparison

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-17, 02:47 PM
natertater
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lexus GS450H Car Comparison

Hi guys. Was just curious if anyone cross shopped the lexus GS450H with any other cars. If so what were you reasons for deciding Lexus. Cars i have looked at is the Infinity Q50 Hybrid and Acura RLX Hybrid. Both have faster 0-60 times and offer the same fuel economy. Besides i am more interested in having gears in my automatic as compared to a CVT no matter how good it is. Also although lexus GS450H is claimed for a 5.6 0-60 most reviewers claim for it to be slower but less than 6.
Old 05-09-17, 10:47 AM
shurik74
Advanced

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

My decision was just because it's Lexus, can't go wrong... Your 0-60 comparison is not what I would look for, you don't race these cars, you enjoy comfort, style, mpg & reliability.

RLX SH-AWD hybrid - it's huge, great on gas mileage, comfy with huge depreciation due to low sales & not modern looking.
Infiniti Q50 - no comments here, never owned Nissan.

Note: I'm kinda considering RLX hybrid for my next car when 2017 model hits 2-3 years old for half price.
Old 05-09-17, 11:05 AM
natertater
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by shurik74
My decision was just because it's Lexus, can't go wrong... Your 0-60 comparison is not what I would look for, you don't race these cars, you enjoy comfort, style, mpg & reliability.

RLX SH-AWD hybrid - it's huge, great on gas mileage, comfy with huge depreciation due to low sales & not modern looking.
Infiniti Q50 - no comments here, never owned Nissan.

Note: I'm kinda considering RLX hybrid for my next car when 2017 model hits 2-3 years old for half price.

I have heard poor reviews from infiniti on refinement, brakes, and handling and poor reliability in general
The Acura i think is an impressive car. I would never get the FWD version but the AWD makes an impressive offer. Plus i like the idea of having a regular transmission with gears whicih the Acura has.
Although 0-60 is not the main reason for buying this car and i understand numbers can not sum up a car i do think a lot of people buy this car over something like the ES or BMW because they want something fun to drive as well as luxurious.

But yeah i agree i think buying a reliable car after 2 or 3 years is the smartest decision not to mention an incredible deal.
Thanks for the reply though.
Old 05-09-17, 11:10 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

If you're looking for refinement, a supple ride, reliability, and excellent fit and finish, then the GSh is your best bet. If you're looking for a sporty ride, fast(er) 0-60, the Q50 is probably for you. The RLX, I'm not quite sure what it does well lol. I haven't seen any media on it. The RLX Sport hybrid is a unicorn. Only 6 listed countrywide on cars.com right now.

That's all I got.
Old 05-23-19, 06:20 AM
Hues10
Advanced

Received 161 Likes on 124 Posts

I know this is an old thread, but in case anyone wants my opinion. I was seriously looking at CPO Acura's since I own a 2011 RDX. All the reviews said the Acura was a unicorn like the Lexus, and depreciated even faster than the Lexus. Could have had a 2017 CPO with 14k miles on it for $32k. But they did a MMC for 2018 and totally changed the looks, so now it was let's wait for a 2 or 3 yr old Acura in 2020 or 2021. A 2013 GS 450H CPO came up on the Lexus dealer virtually across the street from me. All the youtube reviews said the infotainment in the Lexus was bad (due to the mouse), but they did not like Acura's either. I thought the interior in the Lexus was better, no timing belt to deal with, no transmission fluid change to deal with, I liked the Sport+ mode in Lexus actually firms up the suspension (Acura does not). Plus, I trust the Lexus Hybrid system more than Acura's given who has the history on it. The selling point is, I really liked the looks of the 2013 to 2015 GS models, before the monster grill change in 2016. Being in Florida, I can not imagine having to clean love bugs off of that grill twice a year. Personal preferences. Acura is faster and has more standard safety options. But I liked the looks of the Lexus better.
The following users liked this post:
Im2bz2p345 (05-23-19)