Notices
Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the GS450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the GS450H. Please use the main 3GS forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation GS models.

P0A80 mystery

Old 02-10-19, 03:37 AM
lexusisgs
Driver

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Bad block cell 19

here is bad block

Here is cell 19 actually block 19. I have marked down numbers of blocks for easy diagnostic later on. So in my case block 20 is first from driver side and block one is first from passenger side if you looking from back of car. In other cases could be oder order around.

Here was big problem .never use battery gun to increase speed of rebuilding batteries .durring basbur removal one of washers was Cris threaded and we got problem. In case of this problem u can't solve it with making new thread ,will not work in our case .so I had to replace that cell too ,even if cell was ok I had no choice.

After procedure of replacing bad cells with new used one was done we used some tape to keep all busbars covers attached to battery .

The rest of used donor cells we have recharged and put in box for the future ,just in case if we need to replace another cell. Now we will see how many miles we can do per one tank.

Here is one more confirmation that block 19 was bad. So do not let dealer or some untrasty mechanic pull wool over your eyes,with some lame explanation about Hybrid Codes. Really only thing you do is replace bad cell and keep driving.
Old 02-10-19, 03:42 AM
lexusisgs
Driver

Default Duct work on hybrid battery. ....

sorry I forgot to mention before when you doing your battery reincarnation please do CLEAN DUCT LINES AND TAKE BLOWER MOTOR MOUNTED ON TOP OF BATTERY AND CLEAN FINS ONE BY ONE.
WE HAVE USED BRAKE CLEANER BUT VERY CAREFULLY TO NOT DAMAGE OF FLOOD ELECTRIC COMPONENT IN IT.
JUST BE CAREFUL..

REMEBER IF DUCT IS FULL OF DUST THAN YOU BATTERY CANT COOL DOWN AND WILL OVERHEAT.

anyway that was just one more reminder at the end.

Cheers.
Old 02-10-19, 03:51 AM
lexusisgs
Driver

This will motivate more Lexus hybrid owners. Life is good.

Lexus engeeners make some improvements. On hybrid battery to last longer like tesla. Everything else is in great working condition 2008 gs450 h is great car .
Old 02-14-19, 08:26 AM
lexusisgs
Driver

Default Follow up on recently rebuild battery.

As we can see battery is holding charge ....

This is very nice high millage.
Old 02-14-19, 08:34 AM
lexusisgs
Driver

Default Follow-up part 2

Still holding charge at highway speed

Consumption at -4 degrees

This is range after refueul ing

This after driving test was done ,we have conectted to tach stream and here are readings from all battery blocks.
Old 02-16-19, 04:51 AM
samsonn25
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice write up.

224k miles on my original traction battery, I have to reset code every 100 miles.

I intend to have it rebuilt at 250 or 260k miles.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: P0A80 mystery

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: