Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX400H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX400H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other second generation RX models.

Need Help with Brake Bleeding from FSM.

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-16, 08:44 PM
cbr900boy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help with Brake Bleeding from FSM.

Hey guys, I have a 2006 rx400h and need some help with bleeding brakes. I just need the instructions from the FSM if you have one. Im pretty mechanically inclined and I also have the Techstream Sofeware and plug. I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Danny
Old 06-07-16, 04:35 AM
smassey321
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Start the brake bleed process in Techstream and it will display the instructions there.
Old 06-07-16, 09:28 AM
cbr900boy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by smassey321
Start the brake bleed process in Techstream and it will display the instructions there.
Cool, do you know if you have to pump the brakes while loosening the bleeder plug when the software tell you to or does the software actually pump the fluids and all I have to physically do is loosen the bleeder screws? I hope this question makes sense. I am new to this type of braking system. I've bled all of my other vehicles with my Motive Power Bleeder which make it truly a one man job. Thanks.

-Danny
Old 06-07-16, 10:57 AM
smassey321
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by cbr900boy
Cool, do you know if you have to pump the brakes while loosening the bleeder plug when the software tell you to or does the software actually pump the fluids and all I have to physically do is loosen the bleeder screws? I hope this question makes sense. I am new to this type of braking system. I've bled all of my other vehicles with my Motive Power Bleeder which make it truly a one man job. Thanks.

-Danny
It is both. You need to press the pedal and while doing this the software activates the pump for the electric brakes. At the pedal, it feels like you are bleeding the brakes while the abs is activated.
Old 06-07-16, 12:52 PM
cbr900boy
Driver School Candidate

It is both. You need to press the pedal and while doing this the software activates the pump for the electric brakes. At the pedal, it feels like you are bleeding the brakes while the abs is activated.
Ok I think I got it. So another words, our braking system is not mechanical but electrical where pressure is applied to the calipers via the computer based on the amount of pressure applied at the pedal?
Old 06-07-16, 03:37 PM
smassey321
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by cbr900boy
Ok I think I got it. So another words, our braking system is not mechanical but electrical where pressure is applied to the calipers via the computer based on the amount of pressure applied at the pedal?
Basically that is correct but if you gently press the brake pedal, the system will use the generators to slow the vehicle and charge the battery. Once you get close to stopping, the normal brakes take over to finish the stop and hold you from rolling backward. Pressing the brake pedal hard causes the normal brakes to start working earlier.
Old 06-08-16, 05:50 AM
cbr900boy
Driver School Candidate

Basically that is correct but if you gently press the brake pedal, the system will use the generators to slow the vehicle and charge the battery. Once you get close to stopping, the normal brakes take over to finish the stop and hold you from rolling backward. Pressing the brake pedal hard causes the normal brakes to start working earlier.
Thanks for the info, I'm going to attempt this soon.

-Danny