Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the GS450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the GS450H. Please use the main 3GS forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation GS models.

Please help I can't get better than 18 MPG

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-15, 05:52 PM
Imancar
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 09-15-15, 12:58 AM
Cwiok71
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Where are you at in CA?

I am in North Hollywood/Studio City area and could help you out with your car.
I have had my 450H for 2 and a half years and would let you drive mine.

I have 13X,XXX on the car and had my Hybrid battery replaced at 95K

I could also do your Nav hack among all the other tricks out there.

I also have Techstream and wouldn't mind exploring the features with somebody else

Hit me up if your in the area
Old 09-21-15, 11:21 PM
Imancar
Driver School Candidate

Thank you
I live in Irvine OC and very interested to meet and talk to you .
will let you know when I had plan to be around that area
Old 09-30-15, 04:29 PM
Cwiok71
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Imancar
Thank you
I live in Irvine OC and very interested to meet and talk to you .
will let you know when I had plan to be around that area
Sounds good email me anytime
Cwiok74@gmail.com
Old 10-16-15, 12:21 PM
Brabusx2
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

if your car lose battery charge level quick and recharge quick its a sign (not even early sign) that your hybrid battery are toast, i had a time the car lose so much hybrid battery the car stall on me, the accelerator paddle don't even respond.

i kept complaining this matter to my dealer when i still have my extended warranty and they said my battery are fine, I had check hybrid system battery light on my dash 3 times and all they did was "oh we did a software update on the battery so it should drive fine", "we did another battery test, your AUX 12V is the problem, not the hybrid battery".

the last time it happen was when i was driving the car stall on me once and then the hybrid info screen went blank( COMPLETELY BLANK) engine start to run super loud with CEL and check hybrid battery light on again.

called to my dealer and show them video again and few hours later they told me this time is the hybrid battery. it was 2 weeks before my warranty over too
Old 10-16-15, 02:20 PM
Imancar
Driver School Candidate

Default That was so close

Originally Posted by Brabusx2
if your car lose battery charge level quick and recharge quick its a sign (not even early sign) that your hybrid battery are toast, i had a time the car lose so much hybrid battery the car stall on me, the accelerator paddle don't even respond.

i kept complaining this matter to my dealer when i still have my extended warranty and they said my battery are fine, I had check hybrid system battery light on my dash 3 times and all they did was "oh we did a software update on the battery so it should drive fine", "we did another battery test, your AUX 12V is the problem, not the hybrid battery".

the last time it happen was when i was driving the car stall on me once and then the hybrid info screen went blank( COMPLETELY BLANK) engine start to run super loud with CEL and check hybrid battery light on again.

called to my dealer and show them video again and few hours later they told me this time is the hybrid battery. it was 2 weeks before my warranty over too
Thanks for reply ,
It's kind of charge and recharge fast
Is any one knows the cheapest way to check the functionality of hybrid battery ?
I did all kind of services for engine to get the best MPG , just need to check the Hybrid system .
Old 10-18-15, 11:00 AM
SILENTM
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

How old is the 12v battery. I saw that u checked the voltage but 12.7v is too high. I would have the battery load tested before ruling that out. Also if your intake is dirty i would check/replace the pcv check valve.
Finally i would check the long term fuel trims to see if there any abnormal readings, could be a small air leak somewhere causing the ecm to add more fuel.
Old 07-16-16, 03:54 PM
MomCar
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Brabusx2

Sounds to me like they were trying to stall till it was out of warranty so they could get more money from you.
Old 05-30-17, 03:08 PM
classie
Driver School Candidate

Hi,

If you are still waiting for an answer. Driving in city make sure the sport mode button is off it uses more gas and try not to accelerate quickly. Also check the fuel consumtion using the info option in the navi screen which will show the total average fuel used not just affect refueling.
Old 06-07-17, 12:13 PM
samsonn25
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by SILENTM
How old is the 12v battery. I saw that u checked the voltage but 12.7v is too high. I would have the battery load tested before ruling that out. Also if your intake is dirty i would check/replace the pcv check valve.
Finally i would check the long term fuel trims to see if there any abnormal readings, could be a small air leak somewhere causing the ecm to add more fuel.

12.7 is good. for a sitting battery.

When the car runs the Traction battery boosts voltage to 14 when the car engine is running.
Old 06-17-23, 04:36 AM
izharsultan007
3rd Gear

I have the same issue with my gs 450h model 2007 milage is 18Max. i recently change hybrid battery but still facing this issue of milage
any one can help please
Old 06-18-23, 12:36 PM
Lwerewolf
Instructor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts

Can't get much help if you don't describe what you're trying and under what conditions are you getting said mileage. 18mpg (US) is normal for _heavy_ standstill city traffic.