Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2015 up NX300H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the NX300H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other first generation NX models.

Hybrid or Gas?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-15, 07:53 PM
Xtino
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do not regret getting the 300h. I wanted the F-Sport look but it's not offered in hybrid. My decision was based on my comfort and my commute. I travel mostly in the city and to be honest with you I hate putting gas in my car lol. I was torn for a second not going to lie the F-Sport front bumper looks awesome and I really wanted that (maybe in the future I can retrofit the front bumper, who knows). But I didn't want the F-Sport seats because they tend to be more rigid and have less cushion. Ultimately boiled down to what part of the car I will enjoy the most, and it's inviously the interior that's what I will enjoy more than the exterior.
I'm getting excellent MPG and also makes me feel good about being green and help the environment.
Old 04-21-15, 04:44 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by sg021
Up until a couple weeks ago the base model was the 60, which had a 208 mile EPA range. That's probably what she was referring to, but like you said the lowest range you can currently buy is 240 miles on the 70D.

I was originally quite skeptical of the company, but as I learned more about them and got to try the car out I was eventually converted into a big fan. For someone with a long commute, having an option like Tesla is a godsend. I want to wait for all the Model X details to drop, as some of them will affect the S, but it is really hard to hold off after taking a P85D out and getting the wife's blessing for a non-P version.
I'm honestly surprised anyone bothered to buy the 60 trim, which is probably why they removed it. If you're in the market for a Tesla, you aren't counting pennies and trying to keep cost down lol
Old 04-21-15, 07:01 AM
sg021
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Swacer
I'm honestly surprised anyone bothered to buy the 60 trim, which is probably why they removed it. If you're in the market for a Tesla, you aren't counting pennies and trying to keep cost down lol
I think the 70D will sell much better since the range is closer to the top end and it has AWD. My wife's IS250 is not a very ideal road trip car, otherwise I would buy a 70D today. I'm really hoping a bigger battery is out soon with the x debut.

There is a distinct group of price conscious Tesla buyers like myself. I can stomach the up front cost, and my commute brings the long term cost much closer to something like an NX turbo that I cross shopped against.
Old 04-21-15, 12:53 PM
LI Lexus
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what bothers me is the F sport is not available in the US with the hybrid, but is in Canada..

I would get a 300h but much prefer the aggressive look of the F Sport
Old 04-21-15, 04:16 PM
Xtino
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LI IS
what bothers me is the F sport is not available in the US with the hybrid, but is in Canada..

I would get a 300h but much prefer the aggressive look of the F Sport
It's not offered in Canada either. Just in Europe, Asia and Australia....... Pretty much everywhere but North America lol
Old 04-23-15, 05:12 AM
Lolasmom
Driver School Candidate

Default TV ad

Thanks again for all the great feedback regarding my decision to choose a hybrid. Now if it would only come in!

First off, the Tesla model I saw at the showroom was the very basic one, priced around $70k, and it was last summer. So, it probably was the discontinued model some have mentioned.

For those of you loving the F sport grill, and I am one, here's something interesting. Last night I saw the ad on TV. At the end, the three models are side by side. Turbo, sport and hybrid. They All have the sportier grill! Is this fake advertising or was this shot in Asia? I wish I could get the hybrid with that grill!

Loving this forum!
Old 04-26-15, 07:30 PM
Lolasmom
Driver School Candidate

Update on my NX hybrid purchase-
Took a drive to the dealer's large parking lot to see what I could see. There were 5 NX 300t s on the lot. 2 red, a silver, a white and black. Saw my salesman while I was there. He told me that the white one that they had found in the system which did not seem to be taken, had been claimed. So, I won't be getting that white one that was due in. Now how long? He said I'm getting the next one. He thinks it's silver. Fine with me. Now, the waiting!
Old 04-26-15, 07:45 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by Lolasmom
Update on my NX hybrid purchase-
Took a drive to the dealer's large parking lot to see what I could see. There were 5 NX 300t s on the lot. 2 red, a silver, a white and black. Saw my salesman while I was there. He told me that the white one that they had found in the system which did not seem to be taken, had been claimed. So, I won't be getting that white one that was due in. Now how long? He said I'm getting the next one. He thinks it's silver. Fine with me. Now, the waiting!
Did you ever get a chance to test drive an ES 300h, unless an NX 300h was available for test drive since your last visit?
Old 05-03-15, 08:34 AM
Lolasmom
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Did you ever get a chance to test drive an ES 300h, unless an NX 300h was available for test drive since your last visit?
I've not been to test drive the ES. After reading the feedback here and watching some YouTube videos, I'm convinced that l prefer the hybrid. Thanks for all the great input!
Old 05-04-15, 06:46 PM
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Lolasmom
I've not been to test drive the ES. After reading the feedback here and watching some YouTube videos, I'm convinced that l prefer the hybrid. Thanks for all the great input!
I've got almost 3,000 miles on mine since taking delivery Dec 26, and have no regrets !
Old 05-07-15, 12:59 PM
Lolasmom
Driver School Candidate

Hybrid purchase update -
I received a call from my salesman last night. A hybrid had come in and was mine if I wanted it. I asked what color it was and it was black with black interior. I'm not wanting a black one, but I asked if I could come drive it and he said of course. So, I got to drive it, it was fine, tried all the different modes. It's a beautiful vehicle, just not the color for me. I know he would've loved if I had taken it, but I asked for him to check to see what is in the pipeline. He gave me the specs on an Atomic Silver loaded, with black interior. Still not sure about the black interior, but will decide when it is in town, probably at the end of the month. I also asked him to call me if anything else popped up.
I'm really excited about getting this car, but have never owned or wanted a black vehicle. I'm sure there is someone lusting for that color combo!