Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the GS450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the GS450H. Please use the main 3GS forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation GS models.

APEXi Throttle Controller for GS450h

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-11, 05:02 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 73 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by passnu2
I dont see the point on a Hybrid as neurocity posted the pedal doesnt controll the throttle on this car so does it send a faster response to the computer??
The bigger question is..."Does the computer even care?"

You can press the X button on the controller as hard as you want. It will not make you shoot any faster than what the code in the game is set to.

The only way we will ever see any real performance gains is by getting into the code.

We must enter the Matrix!
Old 10-19-11, 05:20 PM
Gfrost07
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VIP Auto Salon
Raffle Winner at the Pursuit for Longo Lexus!!!
i wish! i bought it through u guys!
Havent tried all settings yet....
Old 10-19-11, 06:20 PM
adamz28
Rookie

The fact we are now discussing the degree of performance improvement is a significant step forward considering everything I’ve read to date said this mod would not work with our platform. Also, considering how much I've happily spent on a K&N air filter or NAV override on my 3GS, this mod seems like a great price if it does what is advertised. I hope someone in the OC can take VIP up on his offer and provide some feedback on the GSh + throttle controller mod.
Old 10-19-11, 06:22 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by neurocity
The bigger question is..."Does the computer even care?"

You can press the X button on the controller as hard as you want. It will not make you shoot any faster than what the code in the game is set to.

The only way we will ever see any real performance gains is by getting into the code.

We must enter the Matrix!
i think the computer does care. it has to rely on some input to decide how much throttle to open (if necessary), and naturally i would think that's the amount of movement on the gas pedal. if for the same amount of pedal travel, it trigger a value of X to the computer, and this module simulate a value of 2X, then the computer will have to do something about it?
Old 10-19-11, 07:03 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by adamz28
The fact we are now discussing the degree of performance improvement is a significant step forward considering everything I’ve read to date said this mod would not work with our platform. Also, considering how much I've happily spent on a K&N air filter or NAV override on my 3GS, this mod seems like a great price if it does what is advertised. I hope someone in the OC can take VIP up on his offer and provide some feedback on the GSh + throttle controller mod.
i suggest you bite the bullet and be the guinea pig and see if this works, then report back to us your findings.
Old 10-19-11, 08:53 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Originally Posted by rominl
i think the computer does care. it has to rely on some input to decide how much throttle to open (if necessary), and naturally i would think that's the amount of movement on the gas pedal. if for the same amount of pedal travel, it trigger a value of X to the computer, and this module simulate a value of 2X, then the computer will have to do something about it?
I was more saying that no matter how fast you stomp on it. Or how much faster the signal is sent to PCB. Its still only going to put out as much as its maximum programing will allow.

The Synergy Drive is a drive-by-wire system with no direct mechanical connection between the engine and the engine controls: both the gas pedal/accelerator and the gearshift lever in an HSD car merely send electrical signals to a control computer.
Originally Posted by Stormforge
i suggest you bite the bullet and be the guinea pig and see if this works, then report back to us your findings.
I agree...

VIP Auto, you want to really get us GSh people horny... Find a away to get more power out of the MG2 motor in our Aisin FR-2 transmissions.

Shorter Epicyclic gear ratio replacement.

Or... Get me the interlink/GUI to our computers. (this would be the best.)
Old 10-19-11, 11:28 PM
VIP Auto Salon
Former Sponsor

You guys gave me a great idea.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...ml#post6765022
Old 10-20-11, 04:47 AM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Originally Posted by VIP Auto Salon
Well that's pretty much stepping up to the plate and whipping your junk out.
Old 10-20-11, 07:54 PM
VIP Auto Salon
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by neurocity
Well that's pretty much stepping up to the plate and whipping your junk out.
Thats how we do it at VIP Auto Salon. Got to help out the Lexus Community as best as we can!
Old 10-21-11, 05:59 AM
adamz28
Rookie

VIP - Can post a link of some installation pictures? I'd also like to see where people locate the switches.
Thanks
Old 10-21-11, 02:31 PM
VIP Auto Salon
Former Sponsor

I installed it into our ISF and it just so happens to fit the OEM slot perfectly!