Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX400H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX400H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other second generation RX models.

Navigation, phone book, MP3 override

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-11, 10:02 AM
wgm5286
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the latest descripton of how their bybass works on the 400h. Just added to beatsonic's website:Additional Information
- The DVD bypass may be engaged at all times without affecting any other factory controls.
- *The navigation bypass is limited to 30 seconds. After 30 seconds, user will need to press the button again to disengage the bypass, wait 2 seconds and then press the button to engage the bypass to continue where left off.
So they now concede they cannot solve the problem. Case closed.
Old 07-11-11, 07:46 AM
thomas1
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts

wonderful....Maybe I should rip it out and get a refund....
Old 07-11-11, 01:01 PM
BeatSonic
Sponsor

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Dear CL members,

We apologize for all the inconvenience due to the 30 second issue on the navigation bypass. If you are not satisfied with the product due to the time limitation, please contact us and we will gladly offer you a refund on the item.
Old 07-15-11, 10:55 AM
rx400h1976
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BeatSonic
Dear CL members,

We apologize for all the inconvenience due to the 30 second issue on the navigation bypass. If you are not satisfied with the product due to the time limitation, please contact us and we will gladly offer you a refund on the item.
Last I checked with BeatSonic, they wanted me to return the product for a refund in the 'original' box. How is it expected that everyone who has one of these installed keep their original boxes? Plus pay for the shipping....... I hope they find a fix and provide that to the owners.

my 2 cents.
Old 07-15-11, 01:06 PM
BeatSonic
Sponsor

Originally Posted by rx400h1976
Last I checked with BeatSonic, they wanted me to return the product for a refund in the 'original' box. How is it expected that everyone who has one of these installed keep their original boxes? Plus pay for the shipping....... I hope they find a fix and provide that to the owners.

my 2 cents.

Dear rx400h1976,

I apologize for the misinformation. Original box will not be required for this return and we will provide the shipping label for the return.

Please contact us at http://www.beatsonicusa.com/contacts/ for anyone who is not satisfied and would like to return the navigation bypass.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Eric

http://www.beatsonicusa.com/
Old 02-24-12, 01:56 AM
CraigD84
Driver School Candidate

Sorry to re-open an old thread. Have been searching around on this forum for the dvd bypass solution. With the self done bypass (cutting wires) its been noted that on the energy screen that the wheels become motionless. Now with the Beat-sonic system, with the system in 'normal mode' does all remain original until switch for bypass? Cheers
Old 02-24-12, 12:56 PM
BeatSonic
Sponsor

Originally Posted by CraigD84
Sorry to re-open an old thread. Have been searching around on this forum for the dvd bypass solution. With the self done bypass (cutting wires) its been noted that on the energy screen that the wheels become motionless. Now with the Beat-sonic system, with the system in 'normal mode' does all remain original until switch for bypass? Cheers
Hi Craig,

Yes, in the normal mode, the wheels in the energy screen will have motion when the vehicle is moving.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Thanks!

http://www.beatsonicusa.com/
Old 12-25-18, 10:21 PM
myw
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

great thread - I'm going to have to pick one of these up - makes no sense that the passenger cant input nav and/or access other functions.
Old 12-27-18, 05:37 PM
hcyap2005
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 400h 2008 Navigation Unit to let go. Any one interested? my email address:hcyap2005@gmail.com.
Old 06-12-19, 08:26 PM
myw
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

a huge HUGE thanks mctufts for all this great info - all done + very easy install. id recommend 2 people as its a pain in the butt to access some of the rear connectors while holding onto the large nav/stereo units.

everything was installed, tested and re-assembled in under an hour. the beat sonic tvk-37 worked instantly + immediately.

a huge thank you to Eric + rest of BeatSonic staff as I contacted him directly thru CL. i was a pita asking him about the tvk-37 as well as the 3716 and he was more then patient and educational re everything.

Originally Posted by mctufts
This first picture is after the stereo has already been removed. There are simply two more bolts that have to be removed from underneath the nav/multidisplay unit. After removing them, just find a place underneath the nav unit to grasp it firmly and pull. It requires a decent amount of force but doing so will disengage the clips holding it in.

The next picture is a top down view of the connectors behind the Nav/multidisplay unit. This is the view when you've pulled out the Nav unit but haven't disconnected anything, peering over the top of it to see the connectors. You can see three differently sized white connectors. The one you're interesting in removing is the right-most one from this top down view. If you unplug the whole unit and flip it around, the one you'd want to remove would be the left-most one.

This next picture is of the connector removed. Once removed, simply plug it into the empty female connector from the Beat Sonic and plug in the male connector from the Beat Sonic into the now empty nav unit connector.

Plug back in the nav unit. Now all that's left is the wire from the Beat Sonic that must be ground somewhere, which at this point, should be dangling underneath the nav unit. The following is a picture of the wire, which is conveniently separated out from the Beat Sonic connector.

Simply connect the ground wire to one of the two bolts you had to remove to take out the nav in the first place, and screw it back it. The next picture shows the ground wire now attached to the right bolt.

And that's it! Not too bad right? Will post a pic of where my switch is placed in the following post. Sorry about the different sized pics...some were obviously re-sized and some weren't...
Originally Posted by mctufts
So here is a picture of the where the switch is mounted in my car. Its below the glove compartment, to the left. Although it looks pretty big in the picture, I felt as though its well hidden. Can't really see it unless you crouch down to look for it.

Last edited by myw; 06-18-19 at 02:00 PM.
Old 07-02-19, 10:56 PM
drskoot
Driver School Candidate

Default too expensive

metra 99-8259S $20
Metra 70-8144 - $10

What is the point of a Beatsuc-kit for $500?

I'm so lost on this thread