Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX450H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation RX models.

2011 Any Problems-Issues????

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-10, 04:47 AM
currybob
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2011 Any Problems-Issues????

Thought I would add this to have an area for problems or recalls ect. Maybe even extreme dislikes.

Myself, no problems! I'm not wild about the allow wheel design though. I love my wife's wheels on her IS250C. Seems like Nissan and other car manufactures do a better job in their wheel design. I really hate a painted aluminum wheel.

My 450 does not have the automatic high beam like my 350 did. Was surprised when I picked it up that this option was not there, what's up with that??

Bob
Old 11-22-10, 10:30 AM
RXSF
Forum Moderator

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

auto high beams were pretty much eliminated all together, in for the 350s now. Did you have an early build RX350? Complaints that they werent working well with light.

They are available on the 450 when you get LEDs
Old 11-22-10, 11:03 AM
currybob
Rookie

RXSF
Yep, my 350 was purchased in Nov of 09. I liked them a lot on country roads and they worked really good most of the time but there were a few occasions or conditions that they needed some improvement. It's not something I would want to invest $2k for but at my age, night time driving needs all the light I can get.
Bob
Old 12-12-10, 02:02 PM
UCSB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Problems ... just one in the three months that I have owned the 450h ... an obnoxious rattle in the back seat area. I have not had the time to try and track it down. Maybe this weekend. After I purchased the 450h, I also picked up a 2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited. It is rock solid ... Lexus should send a few engineers over to Subaru to see what they are doing right. Nothing destroys the luxury car feel faster than a rattle.

Last edited by UCSB; 12-12-10 at 02:07 PM.
Old 12-12-10, 02:48 PM
TorontoIS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I just picked up my RX450h yesterday and at first I heard this absolutely terrible loud noise when the rear wheels hit a bad bump or pot hole. Further inspection found the trunk area cover not to be latched firmly. Rectifying that stopped that noise, it had me worried considering the car was under 100 kms on it at the time I stopped to see what was causing it.
Old 12-16-10, 09:48 PM
billy44bo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the auto high beams with LED high lights on my 2011 450h. Car was made on 10/13/2010.
Old 01-14-11, 07:18 PM
UCSB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by UCSB
Problems ... just one in the three months that I have owned the 450h ... an obnoxious rattle in the back seat area. I have not had the time to try and track it down. Maybe this weekend. After I purchased the 450h, I also picked up a 2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited. It is rock solid ... Lexus should send a few engineers over to Subaru to see what they are doing right. Nothing destroys the luxury car feel faster than a rattle.
Just some follow-up for others chasing down rattles. I isolated the rattle in the rear of my RX to the little center seatback. This center seatback attaches to the seatback next to it. I just put a 1" piece of insulated vinyl covered tape on the post used to lock the center seatback in place. This completely solved the problem. I would recommend this to others because I am sure it is causing noise in most cars after looking at the design.

Now I realize that their is an occasional rattle in the front passenger seat belt assembly. I'm working on this now. If anyone has any experience with the front seat seat belt assembly, please post any tips.

Last edited by UCSB; 01-14-11 at 07:23 PM.
Old 01-15-11, 06:32 AM
TorontoIS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

UCSB, can you take a photo of what you're describing. I'm getting an occasional noise from the rear compartment and I'd like to see if it is what you're describing.
Old 01-22-11, 03:08 PM
barry1955
Driver School Candidate

I have 2010 RX450 that I love. Leased Sept 2010 and no mechanical problems. The only question I have not been able to get an answer to relates to air pressure in the tires. The readout on the dash gives 4 numbers but I have been unable to determine which tire is which readout. I have nitrogen in the tires so I am trying not to use trial & error. Anyone able to figure out which number is which tire ??
Old 01-22-11, 04:25 PM
billy44bo
Lexus Test Driver

You will never know they all( tire pressure send unit) will send back the air pressure in the tires and the car just puts up the display as the car get the information.. The right font might be first today while in might be last the next time you start up. System sucks when it comes to which tire is wear on the display
Old 01-22-11, 05:19 PM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by billy44bo
You will never know they all( tire pressure send unit) will send back the air pressure in the tires and the car just puts up the display as the car get the information.. The right font might be first today while in might be last the next time you start up. System sucks when it comes to which tire is wear on the display
No so. Mine reads LF, RF, LR, RR consistently even after rotation. Mine were rotated yesterday at the 20K service. They changed the pressures to high for me and I let 3lb out of both front ones and checked it. They were the lower ones on the display as prior to rotation.

BTW Barry, nitrogen won't cause you any problems, but it's a waste of money. I keep my own pressures with my $99 compressor from Home Depot and a good tire gauge. Plus it's handy in quite a few ways around the house.

Last edited by Cruiter; 01-22-11 at 05:22 PM.
Old 01-22-11, 06:18 PM
RXSF
Forum Moderator

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

I thought the numbers went with the tires as in you wont know after rotation.

but I have never checked.
Old 01-22-11, 07:42 PM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RXSF
I thought the numbers went with the tires as in you wont know after rotation.

but I have never checked.
I did too or wasn't positive until after my service yesterday. There must be a sensor/receiver near each wheel to just read what is in the wheel well. If so than it works pretty good. Check your own. Add air to just one tire (about 3 lbs) then go down the road and check it. I'm pretty sure you'll find the same thing I did. And it makes sense actually reading them in that order.
Old 01-24-11, 04:24 AM
currybob
Rookie

The book states it is a random listing and will not be in any kind of order.

Bob
Old 01-24-11, 04:48 AM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Originally Posted by currybob
The book states it is a random listing and will not be in any kind of order.

Bob
I think that's referring to the standard RX tire pressure monitor that just say's something like "pressure low in 1 tire". On my RX 450h, it's consistent. If you have one, check your own. Let a few lbs out of one tire and drive a few miles to check and see if it shows as the correct tire. I bet it will.

Last edited by Cruiter; 01-24-11 at 04:50 AM. Reason: clarification

Quick Reply: 2011 Any Problems-Issues????