Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX400H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX400H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other second generation RX models.

RX400H: Looknow's review

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-06, 02:51 PM
daclegal
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What About The Seats???? Semi-rocks?

Daclegal has thread in RX 330 forum:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=209331

Last edited by Lil4X; 04-12-06 at 01:14 AM.
Old 07-20-06, 07:41 AM
papaya66
Driver School Candidate

Default RX400h

On your new RX400h, do they have a power seat extender? I have a 2002 RX300 and since I'm 6'3" tall, I find the seat to be short. Also, the center console (where the gear shift is, not where the cup holders are) is quite wide and puts a strain on my right leg.
When I had my avalon I could flop that leg to the side and it was much more comfortable. While the RX is not as comfortable as the Avalon, it is much easier for me to get in and out of. I'm 67 and have serious arthritis. I definitely believe in the hybrid technology. My wife has a Prius and loves it. My intention is to trade for the 2007 RX400h. If your model does not have the seat extender, have you heard whether or not the 2007 RX400h will have it? The LS430 of course has it, and I believe the GS might have it as well.
Thanks for your report.
Old 02-12-07, 03:45 PM
widlfiresd
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the report.

You left out the Nav though. Have you noticed the RX has the old nav system still? i.e. It still uses LCD readouts for the stereo whereas the newer Nav systems have the audio integrated with the Nav. What is taking Lexus so long to update the nave systems? you would think all-in-one touch screens would be easier to update.

Than I thought more about my comments. I realized there is proably an advantage to having the radio separate as you can then display nav, etc. up top and the radio is still viewable. So maybe it is a good thing afterall.

Last edited by widlfiresd; 02-12-07 at 06:26 PM.
Old 02-12-07, 07:06 PM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by widlfiresd
Thanks for the report.

You left out the Nav though. Have you noticed the RX has the old nav system still? i.e. It still uses LCD readouts for the stereo whereas the newer Nav systems have the audio integrated with the Nav. What is taking Lexus so long to update the nave systems? you would think all-in-one touch screens would be easier to update.

Than I thought more about my comments. I realized there is proably an advantage to having the radio separate as you can then display nav, etc. up top and the radio is still viewable. So maybe it is a good thing afterall.
Perhaps more inheritant in the layout of the dash.
Old 05-28-07, 07:34 AM
woof
Driver School Candidate

We've had our RX for a week now and love the car. We traded down from a large Denali XL. I agree with the power of the RX, great drive. We have had no problems with the gas cap, it opens right away in the 4 times I've filled it.

Our Audio is also integrated with our Nav, we have an 07.

My only concern is that the Highlander is receiving a major work over and I beleive the next RX will be substantially better. We'll probably be upside down in this car for a while, but couldn't wait for the next body style!

As a previous owner of a 540, I beleive the 400h to be an incredible compromise, giving me some of the sence of the 540 back, thanks Lexus.

If you also look at the SUVs out there with the acceleration of the RX, they are getting 14mpg or less, way to go again Lexus.

Looknow, great review and good information, we also looked at the LX and GX. The GX didn't have the mileage or quite the room we were looking for if we decided for a larger SUV, but is still a nice ride. Hopefully, Toyota seperates it build further from the 4 runner in the next version....
Old 11-16-07, 10:59 PM
steverhode
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by woof
We've had our RX for a week now and love the car.
Our Audio is also integrated with our Nav, we have an 07.
I'm confused. It looks to me like the audio controls are in a second display several inches below the much bigger nav display. In what way are the audio controls integrated with the nav on the 2007?

I'm considering an RX and trying to learn.
Old 11-17-07, 10:32 AM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by XeroK00L
Why can't there be an emergent force-open button for the fuel door that won't open unless the user acknowledges to a disclaimer on screen which warns that doing so will compromise the low emission and is advisable only under emergency?

Hopefully Toyota/Lexus will be able to improve these aspects and ultimately make hybrids work just like regular vehicles for the end users--just fill up the tank and run!
There is an "emergency" release button to physically open the fuel door. It's hidden.

Secondly, the reason why it takes a while to open is because the fuel tank is pressurized. Now unless you want to go to the meeting on time and smelling like petrol, I'd way for the tank pressure to stabilize
Old 02-05-08, 09:47 PM
vulpasin
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nextourer
There is an "emergency" release button to physically open the fuel door. It's hidden.
Do you know where is that located?...is good to know, just in case
Old 02-06-08, 06:55 AM
Barefoot B
Driver School Candidate

Its in the left rear storage compartment and held in place by velcro
Old 12-26-08, 11:12 AM
ColdLexus
Driver

Nice review Looknow. Helped me to solidify my decision to purchase a new 400h.
Old 04-09-09, 09:08 AM
drose4dj
Driver School Candidate

I apologize for my ignorance in advance...I have had a 2006 RX400H since last March. Recently, however, it hasn't been starting in the mornings. (The car is housed in the garage). Once while sitting at work for 8 hours, it wouldn't start on leaving. It's now becoming a daily ritual to jump start the car every morning. The battery doesn't show that it is bad (via the color coding). The lights come on and everything starts up, but the engine doesn't start or engage. Can anyone tell me what might be the issue I'm having?

(I thought it was from leaving my Sirius radio on all night, but sometimes the "no start" happens even if the sirius is turned off and everything else is off as well).

I'm about to get rid of it and buy a car that is only gas run and not a hybrid again. As a mom I need reliability and can't worry that my car isn't going to start when I need it most.
Old 05-26-09, 10:01 AM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Are you still as happy ???

[QUOTE=looknow12;1314632]We picked up the RX400H Friday evening around 8pm.

That was an excellent review. I currently have a deposit for 1st right of refusal on any 450h that comes on the 1st shipment. I'm loving my '03RX and if I needed a 2nd car I'd keep it but my wife doesn't drive anymore so it will be traded or sold independently.

But my question is after 2&1/2 years what would you re-word from your initial post? My hope is you're still as satisfied or more

Thanks

Jim M
Old 12-07-09, 05:12 PM
rcy
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by drose4dj
I apologize for my ignorance in advance...I have had a 2006 RX400H since last March. Recently, however, it hasn't been starting in the mornings. (The car is housed in the garage). Once while sitting at work for 8 hours, it wouldn't start on leaving. It's now becoming a daily ritual to jump start the car every morning. The battery doesn't show that it is bad (via the color coding). The lights come on and everything starts up, but the engine doesn't start or engage. Can anyone tell me what might be the issue I'm having?

(I thought it was from leaving my Sirius radio on all night, but sometimes the "no start" happens even if the sirius is turned off and everything else is off as well).

I'm about to get rid of it and buy a car that is only gas run and not a hybrid again. As a mom I need reliability and can't worry that my car isn't going to start when I need it most.
Do you get the READY light? Sounds like your auxilliary battery is going bad, since you say you must jump start it every morning.
Old 12-13-09, 05:22 PM
AKlam
Driver School Candidate

Unhappy Issues with 07 lexus hybird HELP!

I just purchased the 2007 RX 400H, from my cousin and it keeps dying on me?? I asked him and he said it never happened to him?
The first time was in the morning my husband said I left a light on and he jumped it and it started but then died again an hour later, and lexus came out and started it.
Then I took it to get an inspection and it wouldn't start up after they ran the tests on it?
Then my dad was detailing it and it wouldn't started again?
Everytime we had to jump the car?
Should it be dying so easily? Or is there something I should be doing differently?
Or is it the battery?
I am soooooooooo confused and fustrated with this car?
Old 12-16-09, 10:17 AM
mowmow
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Constant jump starting isn't a good thing for your RX, isn't there a known issue with the car batteries, change it out first see what happens. What did your test results tell you from the dealership ?( I assume )What is being recommended for repair or replace.

Quick Reply: RX400H: Looknow's review