HS 250h Model (2010-2012)

2010 lexus hs250

Old 11-25-18, 05:39 AM
ffedora
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 lexus hs250

hello..
I just bought a 2010 hs 250 s Lexus Hybrid..
95k miles.. what's the average life span of the Traction Hybrid battery located under rear seat.
I just had the 12v battery replaced. i am concerned because I just learned about this battery and the expensive cost of replacing..
not sure if I should even keep car..
please help with advice.
Old 11-26-18, 12:22 PM
Clutchless
Lexus Champion

Received 154 Likes on 146 Posts

It should last a long time. It may even have time left on the original 8 year warranty depending on when the car was placed into service. This is a robust battery. Also when they go it is often a couple of the cells and an aftermarket hybrid shop can diagnose and replace the few bad ones, or replace the battery for far less than the dealer.

Call Lexus corporate and check if your transmission was replaced under the recall as all 2010 models are covered!
Old 11-28-18, 05:58 PM
Magellan55

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

It's basically the same as what's in the Prius. Consumer Reports has been tracking reliability of Prius batteries since 2002 and so far there have been very few failed. Think of it as likely to last longer than a typical engine.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: