HS 250h Model (2010-2012)

2011 HS250h sales figures

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-11, 06:47 AM
LexFather

Yeah I've noticed my dealer doesn't have any CPO HSs right now where in the past they had tons.

Lexus was already sending less HSs here for 2011 and with the quake and higher gas prices are the deals shrinking for you guys in regards to the HS?
Old 04-22-11, 04:13 PM
DDS62
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are no 2010 HS's for sale as used cars in either of the Cincinnati Lexus dealerships. a lot of 2009 & 2010 ES's, IS's, GS's and RX's, a few LS's but no HS's.
Old 05-28-11, 08:40 PM
wase4711
Rookie

there were only 3 cars available within 350 miles of Chicago, so it was a royal PITA for us to find one; we did buy one today, so we are happy campers!
Old 05-30-11, 09:57 AM
orateam
Driver School Candidate

The earthquake has hurt toyota's ability to make hybrids. Was looking for a friend that wanted one like mine and found only 3 total within 100 hundred miles from here. None of which are the loaded version i have. Dealers are not taking any discounts either. MSRP.
Old 05-30-11, 10:40 AM
wase4711
Rookie

yeah, fortunately I have been in the car business, so I knew the right things to say when I bought mine; got a loaded 2010 premium, with 8000 miles, that the dealer wanted 40k for, I got it for 38500, after alot of haggling.
Only 1 new one 150 miles away, and the dealer wanted 1500 over sticker for it.
Old 05-30-11, 05:45 PM
Magellan55

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Amazing. 6 months ago they couldn't give them away...
Old 05-30-11, 05:57 PM
wase4711
Rookie

its amazing what $4.65 cent/gallon does for hybrid pricing..plus, since chicago has the highest gas prices in the nation, for some god-forsaken reason, the hybrids here of every nameplate are going for sticker+

Gas has "dropped" the last few weeks to around $4.15 per gallon, but the hybrid prices havent really dropped along with them, and, its almost impossible to find much of a selection of any brand of hybrid out there now..
Old 06-14-11, 09:34 PM
RJQMAN
Driver

Default They are in limited stock in SW Florida now

Originally Posted by wase4711
yeah, fortunately I have been in the car business, so I knew the right things to say when I bought mine; got a loaded 2010 premium, with 8000 miles, that the dealer wanted 40k for, I got it for 38500, after alot of haggling.
Only 1 new one 150 miles away, and the dealer wanted 1500 over sticker for it.
I am in SW Florida. Most of the 5-6 dealers I called or visited around here have 1-2 in stock. They are asking sticker price but I got the impression they would discount by about the same percentages you indicated. I wanted a black or one of the two metallic other dark colors with black interior and fully loaded with almost all accessories. I would be willing to take a certified used one, no problem. But no cars around here like that as far as I can find. So I ordered a new one - they said that they would try to get it in the que from Japan, and that they believed that they could do that. They also said that any new ones placed on order now would DEFINITELY be labeled as a 2012.

I placed the order on June 14th 2011, and they said the car should come in about 2 months. I liked this dealership in Fort Myers Florida a lot. And I also visited dealerships in Sarasota and Tampa and found them to be very user-friendly too.

The Clearwater Florida dealer had a used light color 250h that he said had been on the floor so long, they jokingly considered it 'planted' there. He was very willing to negotiate, but I did not want a lighter color. A Porsche dealer in St. Petersburg had a used blue one with light interior but gave up on selling it and sent it to auction last Thursday.

They are slow movers for sure, but perhaps because of the scarcity, the used ones are not depreciating much at all inj this area, contrary to what I read from another poster. One or even two year old certified used ones with 15-30k miles are priced about 80-85% of new car value is typical around here - some priced even higher than that.
Old 06-14-11, 09:40 PM
RJQMAN
Driver

Default Can needs one or two touches to really make it popular

Originally Posted by orateam
Gas prices drive up sales for hybrids when gas is high. Lately ct200 models are selling for msrp and the HS around here is just 1k less than msrp. Last year the HS was around 5000k less than msrp
I really believe the car is technically ahead of its time. I believe the US Government will push gas prices up however they can until they match European prices, and even an expensive hybrid like this one will become more popular. I also think that if Toyota had put a little more effort into the styling of this car and not tried so hard to compromise in that area - maybe by making it an inch or two lower (so we didn't have to shop for springs) and an inch or two longer overall (it would look good and spec out well if the length was in the boot), with some very basic design touches, this car would be insanely popular.
Old 07-09-11, 04:28 PM
TheAirman
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

As of June 30, 2011:

1,357 HS sold so far this year.

For all of 2010 - 6,492. A decline of 79%.

For the CT:

3,768 as of June 30, 2011.
Old 07-10-11, 03:43 AM
JamesDemo
Rookie

Default Love the car!

To all the naysayers; Reading many post about the HS250 some people like the car and some people don’t. It all depends how you drive. If you drive a Porche you will not be happy, you are talking 2 totally different rides.

The car is what it is: I love all the features of the car, my average MPG is about 30. But I do not try for more, can it be achieved? YES - easy 35-37 MPG.

On I -75 in FL. The car cruses at 75-85 with no problem and you still get great MPG. and a great ride. The Navi works well and radio also. It’s a car. Not a wife or girlfriend.

The best part of the deal when you get tired of whatever you simple trade it in. In my live I have owned many of the name in cars mostly the expensive ones- Top 10. They were all different some I liked and some just OK.

This car at my stage in life is fine; it’s not the Porche I once drove or the BMW, Bens 550, or the Lexis 350. BUT - I truly have to say - I love the car. Will I buy another? I can't imagine what else they can put on a car. But every time I buy a new computer I say the same thing.

Best to all - But remember "It's just a car"
Old 07-22-11, 09:00 AM
DDS62
Driver

I agree JD, I don’t like the ride of the HS at all, but I like every other thing about it. The looks are great IMO, as well as the comfort, quality and efficiency, and it has far more power than I expected. Most of all, however, I like the form factor. It stands 59.3” high, one of the tallest sedans made, which allows for easy entry and exit and a good seating position. I don’t like climbing into and out of some cars. Like the ES for instance. It stands 56.3” high and that translates into more of an effort getting into and out of it, as well as a sitting position more leaning back with legs extended. Perhaps not noticeable at first, but if you have to get into and out of that vehicle many times a day, it can become annoying. Fact is the HS is the most desirable sedan (IMO) in the Lexus line up other than the LS. Fact is, if indeed the HS had a ride as good as the LS, Lexus likely would have the car priced tens of thousands of dollars higher. A great mid sized four passenger car to get around town, in and out of parking places with a high level of comfort and style.

And the car continues to get more and more love. Last year Yahoo rated the HS as a 3 ½ star automobile, now they show it to be a 5 star. I understand these rating are arrived at with very few arbitrary reviews, but it leaves such a good impression to see it listed with 5 stars. I would give it 4 stars.