GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Mark Levinson (ML) discussion / questions / problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-14, 06:57 AM
Randy B
Advanced

Received 81 Likes on 56 Posts
Default No.

I understood when I ordered my GX last year, that the ML was only available on a Luxury model. For 2014, if you ordered the Driver Support Package, the ML was included. I do not know about the 2015s.

Randy B
Old 08-26-14, 05:04 PM
KVA
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I have got to imagine that everything (and the kitchen sink) would come with the top package. the only thing that is really optional is the RSES. Since most regions order whatever they think will sell, I am sure for the luxury version they will include ML, Nav, Safety, etc...
Old 04-11-15, 09:29 PM
johmas50
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mark Levinson Subwoofer Rattle

My apologies if this is a repeat question, but has anyone had issues with the Mark Levinson subwoofer in their GX rattling. Mine sounds terrible, even with a good source and the bass turned down fairly low. I realize these are made for crispness and such, but it seems like mine has a terrible rattle. I thought it might be busted, so I attempted to take the panel off to check. I was not completely successful (I'd take a hint or walk-through on how to remove the rear plastic to get a better look) and from what I could see it is not damaged. It seems that the baffle it is mounted in simply rattles. Anyone else with this issue, or a solution?
The following users liked this post:
panardog (01-03-23)
Old 04-12-15, 08:18 PM
johmas50
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I did a search and had already found that thread. That is a GS in question there. Really what I am wondering is if anyone has a walk through or video on how to remove the panel that encloses the sub so that I can take a look at it. I was able to pry the top of the side panel up a little to get a look at it, but I can't remove the panel completely without fear of breaking something. It doesn't appear to be blown from what I can tell, however it does seem to rattle in its enclosure.
Old 10-08-15, 09:31 AM
omr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mark Levinson USB Audio

Does this decode FLAC?
Old 12-02-15, 09:04 AM
Craigyyy
Advanced

Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts
Default How to tell if GX has Levinson?

Hey guys, shopping for a 2010-2011 used GX, and trying to figure out how I can tell if a GX has Mark Levinson sound, which is one of the few options I'd really like to get.

Looking at brochures for 2010-2011, it seems like the only thing Levinson was coupled with was nav, so if a truck doesn't have nav (seems like all of them do), it won't have Levinson, but there's nothing else I can visibly discern to verify that a truck does have Levinson.

There's a few for sale in my town, but I'm expanding my search pretty far out and can't actually go see each truck.

On GX470, there were a lot of logos on speakers, one on the dash, etc. Is there anything similar on the 460? Thanks y'all!
Old 12-02-15, 10:45 AM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Craigyyy
Hey guys, shopping for a 2010-2011 used GX, and trying to figure out how I can tell if a GX has Mark Levinson sound, which is one of the few options I'd really like to get.

Looking at brochures for 2010-2011, it seems like the only thing Levinson was coupled with was nav, so if a truck doesn't have nav (seems like all of them do), it won't have Levinson, but there's nothing else I can visibly discern to verify that a truck does have Levinson.

There's a few for sale in my town, but I'm expanding my search pretty far out and can't actually go see each truck.

On GX470, there were a lot of logos on speakers, one on the dash, etc. Is there anything similar on the 460? Thanks y'all!
The only thing I've ever seen is the ML logo on the radio.
Old 12-02-15, 10:59 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 209 Likes on 143 Posts

That's interesting. Can you even get ML on any trim other than Luxury? Trying to build one on Lexus.com...it's not an option for Base or Premium models.
Old 12-02-15, 12:17 PM
Craigyyy
Advanced

Yeah now for 2016, I think 2015 too, you pretty much had to max out a GX to get levinson. I believe it was more or less a standalone option (together with nav) on earlier trucks.
Old 12-02-15, 01:49 PM
senjey
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1) You will see the Mark levison logo on the radio dash.

2) You will see this extra tweeter in the rear doors.
Slprciv (09-13-21)
Old 12-03-15, 08:20 AM
Craigyyy
Advanced

Perfect! Thanks!
Old 04-28-16, 08:04 PM
bd5400
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

I know this is an old thread, but I helped reduce some of my rattling in the sub recently because it was driving me crazy and would sound absolutely terrible, especially outside the vehicle (still have an issue with the window switches in the door panel though).

I opened the little door where the jack is located and first made sure that the jack was extended in it's cradle/resting spot so that it didn't move around. I then turned on something with heavy bass and felt around the rear of the sub to see if I could mitigate the issue by hand. I noticed that the lower part of the sub closest to the rear of the vehicle seems to have a small amount of clearance between it and a metal piece behind it. By sticking my fingers in there, effectively stopping the sub from moving back and forth against this piece and just in general, the rattling was reduced significantly. I filled this gap as best as I could with neoprene, so that there's pressure between the sub and the metal part behind it, and while it doesn't sound as good as when I was holding it with my hand, it has definitely improved. I don't get rattling on the inside at moderate volumes and its much quieter outside of the car. I can still turn it up and hear the issue though.

Now only if I could figure out the window switch rattle....
panardog (01-03-23)
Old 05-03-16, 12:19 PM
GX460PREM
Driver

Default Mark Levinson emblem

TECMAN posted a video and I saw the GX460 with this nice
Mark Levinson emblem but mine is different. Have anyone got
the nice emblem on their GX460?

My emblem

The NICE emblem
Old 05-03-16, 03:53 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 834 Likes on 578 Posts

The nice emblem in the video is on a speaker or the sub. Do you have one there?
Old 05-03-16, 07:21 PM
GX460PREM
Driver

I don't see the nice emblem on the speakers or sub. Could it be the ML system or emblem is different for
another market or perhaps from the GX470?

Quick Reply: Mark Levinson (ML) discussion / questions / problems