GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Mark Levinson Amp Draining Battery

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-18, 05:48 PM
RGP2
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Mark Levinson Amp Draining Battery

Not sure if this question has been asked in other forums but...
I own a 2004 GX470. My Mark Levinson amplifier continues to run after I turn the key off. (I can distinctly hear an electric motor running under the drivers seat.) If the car is not started again for 12 hours, the battery dies so I know it's slowly draining the battery. I now have to unplug the amp under the seat to make sure my battery has a charge when I start.

I have removed the amp and now would like to see if I can DIY repair this problem. I do have some experience with electronic repair. Has anyone out there had this problem? If so, can you tell what caused the problem and maybe how to repair it myself.

This is the plug I am disconnecting

A little history:
1.) About a year ago, I installed a bluetooth phone apparatus. I do not think this has cause the problem since I used it with no problem until about a month ago.
2.) I do not think any liquids have spilled down the side of the drivers seat. But, if it is a possible short, is there a repair process for that?
Old 08-21-18, 06:43 PM
chiph9
Pole Position

Received 728 Likes on 596 Posts

This is the first time I've heard of the amp causing a drain.
There is a guy on eBay that repairs them - he charges about $400.

Chip H.
Old 04-15-24, 01:46 PM
mikesgx470
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did you ever figure this one out?

[did you ever figure this one out.

QUOTE=RGP2;10284105]Not sure if this question has been asked in other forums but...
I own a 2004 GX470. My Mark Levinson amplifier continues to run after I turn the key off. (I can distinctly hear an electric motor running under the drivers seat.) If the car is not started again for 12 hours, the battery dies so I know it's slowly draining the battery. I now have to unplug the amp under the seat to make sure my battery has a charge when I start.

I have removed the amp and now would like to see if I can DIY repair this problem. I do have some experience with electronic repair. Has anyone out there had this problem? If so, can you tell what caused the problem and maybe how to repair it myself.

Did you ever figure this one out. ? I have the exact same issue.

This is the plug I am disconnecting

A little history:
1.) About a year ago, I installed a bluetooth phone apparatus. I do not think this has cause the problem since I used it with no problem until about a month ago.
2.) I do not think any liquids have spilled down the side of the drivers seat. But, if it is a possible short, is there a repair process for that?[/QUOTE]