GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Audio screen trouble

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-17, 10:23 PM
Rendell
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audio screen trouble

I have the 2008 GX470, with the navi, audio screen system. I am the 3rd owner, bought it 2 days ago,.. I want it to stay on audio display, unless I am using the Navi. when I start the car, it comes on audio, then I back out of the driveway, back up cam comes on, then right to navi. I hit the audio button goes back to audio, until I back up. this annoys the crap out of me. love the car, but this little piece is annoying. any help would be awesome, and much appreciated.
Old 09-24-17, 10:25 PM
Rendell
Driver School Candidate

one more question? What the heck is the "2nd start" button for?
Old 09-25-17, 03:17 AM
apinnix627
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Rendell
one more question? What the heck is the "2nd start" button for?
I’m not sure how what’s going on with the first issue but i think the second start button you are referring to allows the car to start in second gear instead of first. Especially useful in the snow when you don’t need the GX’s nice throttle response.
Old 09-25-17, 05:05 AM
Rendell
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by apinnix627
I’m not sure how what’s going on with the first issue but i think the second start button you are referring to allows the car to start in second gear instead of first. Especially useful in the snow when you don’t need the GX’s nice throttle response.
I appreciate it..

Ok, so in adverse conditions it will allow the car to take off from a standing start in 2nd instead of 1st. This truck just keeps getting better. I've been a 4runner guy, and toyota guy. As of End of business today I will own 4 toyotas, and a lexus, .. with 4 people in the family. only 2 of the then have under 175000 miles. They are great vehicles. Do your maintenance, and drive it. it does help if you learn your car a little. This GX470 is going to take a while with all the toys on it. there is a definite learning curve.

If there is any thing that anyone needs to know about 2nd, and 3rd gen 4runners... I got that..
Old 09-25-17, 10:22 AM
apinnix627
Driver School Candidate

I appreciate it..

Ok, so in adverse conditions it will allow the car to take off from a standing start in 2nd instead of 1st. This truck just keeps getting better. I've been a 4runner guy, and toyota guy. As of End of business today I will own 4 toyotas, and a lexus, .. with 4 people in the family. only 2 of the then have under 175000 miles. They are great vehicles. Do your maintenance, and drive it. it does help if you learn your car a little. This GX470 is going to take a while with all the toys on it. there is a definite learning curve.

If there is any thing that anyone needs to know about 2nd, and 3rd gen 4runners... I got that..
It does keep getting better! I just got my first GX last week and have basically stayed on the forums. I was driving around in a little VW GTI and got to the point where it was way too small. Everyone told me to get a 4Runner. Those are beautiful trucks but through my research i discovered the GX. It was an easy decision for me. I’m already hooked.
Old 09-25-17, 10:52 AM
Rendell
Driver School Candidate

Talking

Originally Posted by apinnix627
It does keep getting better! I just got my first GX last week and have basically stayed on the forums. I was driving around in a little VW GTI and got to the point where it was way too small. Everyone told me to get a 4Runner. Those are beautiful trucks but through my research i discovered the GX. It was an easy decision for me. I’m already hooked.

I have a 1997 Limited and always been a 4runner/Toyota guy. My lifted/big mud tire 4runner does not mesh with my new occupation, insurance sale. I had to get a grown up truck. I think I'm keeping my 4runner though
Old 09-27-17, 09:23 AM
LoneHiker
Pit Crew

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

I have the 2008 GX470, with the navi, audio screen system. I am the 3rd owner, bought it 2 days ago,.. I want it to stay on audio display, unless I am using the Navi. when I start the car, it comes on audio, then I back out of the driveway, back up cam comes on, then right to navi. I hit the audio button goes back to audio, until I back up. this annoys the crap out of me. love the car, but this little piece is annoying. any help would be awesome, and much appreciated.
There are only 2 settings for this. The first is that when you press Audio or Climate or whatever, it stays active for a short time then switches back to navi. The other setting allows it to stay on audio or climate, until reverse or car is restarted. You appear to be on the 2nd setting, which is as good as it gets for you I'm afraid.