GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

climate control servo

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-09, 05:55 AM
DubbleURX
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *UPDATE*climate control servo

Ok so ive searched and searched and cant find anything on anyone having to replace there drivers side climate control servo. All i can find is info on people changing the passenger side. Has anyone had to change theres out? If so, will I have to pull the dash (please say no)? Any insight or direction will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by DubbleURX; 04-11-09 at 07:57 PM. Reason: UPDATE DIY
Old 04-07-09, 12:33 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

i haven't done mine yet but im under the understanding that yes u have to pull the dash...its right above the climate control assy to the right of the gauge cluster. use same methods as when doing passenger side but make sure u order the correct servo. this wont be fun, i promise

Last edited by sakataj; 08-21-09 at 02:02 PM.
Old 04-07-09, 03:46 PM
DubbleURX
Driver School Candidate

sakataj i figured you would be the first to respond, thanks for the bad news haha jk. how do you know which servo to order? I already ordered it and have it in hand. I ordered : Product #:87106-30351, Lexus OEM Damper Servo Sub-Assy. PLEASE tell me this is the right one.
Old 04-07-09, 03:46 PM
DubbleURX
Driver School Candidate

btw my drivers side is blowing hot air when the ac is on, if that helps any
Old 04-08-09, 11:56 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by DubbleURX
sakataj i figured you would be the first to respond, thanks for the bad news haha jk. how do you know which servo to order? I already ordered it and have it in hand. I ordered : Product #:87106-30351, Lexus OEM Damper Servo Sub-Assy. PLEASE tell me this is the right one.
its brian....and yeah i seem to be the heating/air guy on here. i do manage a heating and air supply warehouse so it is my forte and im actually knowledgeable on this....its just not a ideal spot for that servo. i have heard some people not completely removing dash just dropping steering wheel and doing it but i dunno.

when you start the car up....do u hear a a servo clicking and whirring?

yeah that servo is correct. would u mind snapping a pic of it for me? i will attach the part # and the pic to my DIY
Old 04-08-09, 06:33 PM
DubbleURX
Driver School Candidate

brian, it does seem that you are GS AC go to guy. For a while it was buzzing when I started the car up, but over about 2 months it stopped. Im assuming that the servo went completely dead when it stopped. Me and a partner are gonna try to do this pretty soon. Hes a car audio guy and seems to know how to take every panel out of a car, so were gonna TRY to do this without completely pulling the dash. I will keep you updated and will try and log some of with pics. I dont think i will have enough time to do a complete DIY like you did on the passenger side. But heres the pic of the servo to add to your DIY:

Wish me luck!
Old 04-09-09, 09:36 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by DubbleURX
brian, it does seem that you are GS AC go to guy. For a while it was buzzing when I started the car up, but over about 2 months it stopped. Im assuming that the servo went completely dead when it stopped. Me and a partner are gonna try to do this pretty soon. Hes a car audio guy and seems to know how to take every panel out of a car, so were gonna TRY to do this without completely pulling the dash. I will keep you updated and will try and log some of with pics. I dont think i will have enough time to do a complete DIY like you did on the passenger side. But heres the pic of the servo to add to your DIY:

Wish me luck!
yeah mine did that when i bought it....i initially greased it but that worked temporarily at best! have fun and good luck....oh come on though...if u doing this REALLY rare servo (most people wont tackle this one) isnt it worth taking the time to do the DIY with all pics and a nice compete write up not just partial pics and a partial write up?

thanks for pic and part # i updated my DIY with info from yours so now u DEF need to do a DIY on the drivers side servo

Last edited by sakataj; 04-09-09 at 09:43 AM.
Old 04-11-09, 08:20 PM
DubbleURX
Driver School Candidate

Default DIY on drivers side AC servo

To anyone who may unfortunately encounter the same problem that I had with the drivers side AC blowing hot air. When I encountered this problem I searched a little and could only find threads with people having the exact opposite problem: passenger heat blowing cold air. So if there is no other DIY on this; here you go:
First thing you need to do is remove the black panel closest to the brake/gas pedals. Remove the two screws and a little tug and it pulls right off. After that pull a ninja move and find a way to be able to look up into the steering column; I pushed my seat back as far as it could go and snaked my way up there and this is what you will see:

After you get to this point its 3 screws that hold the servo in so just pop it out and put the new one in. The part from Sewell with CL discount: Product #:87106-30351, Lexus OEM Damper Servo Sub-Assy, Quantity:1, Price:$126.78, Item Total:$126.78
Old 04-13-09, 09:05 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

man thats crazy....i was under the conclusion that this was UNDER the dash like up by the gauge cluster
Old 08-05-09, 05:53 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

op....need to ask you something. i sent you a pm btw. do u have a pic of the drivers servo more viewed out i guess to say?
Old 08-13-09, 06:48 AM
edhmom
Driver School Candidate

I have a question. My problem is opposite. In the summer, the AC works great on both sides. In the winter, there is no heat going to the driver's side. Would this be a driver's side servo motor problem?
Old 08-13-09, 12:55 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

maybe/probably..its def a temp servo though. is one making some noise or just not working correct?
Old 08-13-09, 07:23 PM
edhmom
Driver School Candidate

The one on the passenger side is making sort of clicking sounds. I don't hear anything on the driver's side. Would the passenger side servo affect the driver's side heat?
Old 08-15-09, 07:50 AM
philags300
Driver School Candidate

my car just started doing almost the same thing expect no cold air for the passenger which servo would that be?
Old 08-17-09, 12:50 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by philags300
my car just started doing almost the same thing expect no cold air for the passenger which servo would that be?
temp servo....
The following users liked this post:
upscope76 (06-26-20)

Quick Reply: climate control servo