GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

climate control servo

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-10, 01:02 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by maxinGS
with my gs , i feel hot air when everything is off , no ac no heat.... is that from the same issue here?? and its both sides btw driver and passenger...
so u have NO cold air...even when its in the cold setting?
Old 04-26-10, 03:36 PM
Rich23
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea Brian. Everything is cool now... no buzzing... and Its a real b when you have big hands fuh sure man...

Any buzzing maxim? The problem I encountered was a dying servo motor... Sound like your unit ac/heat might be the issue here. I may be wrong... Brian seems to be good with this stuff (sakataj)... He should be able to help. If the servos are your problem, I can get you them for the same price I paid... PM me... Good luck!

Rich
Old 04-27-10, 01:49 AM
maxinGS
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj
so u have NO cold air...even when its in the cold setting?
no, the heat works when i put it on , and i get cold air when i put the AC on, everything works well when in use BUT say when im not using neither heat or AC i still feel heat coming from the dash/vents
Originally Posted by Rich23
Yea Brian. Everything is cool now... no buzzing... and Its a real b when you have big hands fuh sure man...

Any buzzing maxim? The problem I encountered was a dying servo motor... Sound like your unit ac/heat might be the issue here. I may be wrong... Brian seems to be good with this stuff (sakataj)... He should be able to help. If the servos are your problem, I can get you them for the same price I paid... PM me... Good luck!

Rich
hmmm i do get some noise here and there but its never strong enough for me to notice where its coming from to be honest, but once in a while i do get this weird like vibrating/knocking noise coming from the dash... any ideas??
Old 04-27-10, 01:15 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Rich
thats good to know....yeah i dont have huge hands but mine still had issues in some places on there...im only familiar with this stuff as its similar to what i do in real life. i will always try and help people on here with issues with these. part of the reason we here is to help

Originally Posted by maxinGS
no, the heat works when i put it on , and i get cold air when i put the AC on, everything works well when in use BUT say when im not using neither heat or AC i still feel heat coming from the dash/vents

hmmm i do get some noise here and there but its never strong enough for me to notice where its coming from to be honest, but once in a while i do get this weird like vibrating/knocking noise coming from the dash... any ideas??
i have noticed cool air coming from my vents from time to time when nothing is on...sounds like your mode servo is sticking or the "door" on the HVAC box is sticking

put key in, turn but dont crank, turn off radio and under the dash on the passenger side if its buzzing you should hear it. my servo's didnt always buzz...somedays they did, somedays they didnt
Old 04-27-10, 05:52 PM
Rich23
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^ what he said... This dude really knows his stuff about heating/cooling on the GS man...
Old 04-28-10, 08:08 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

^^^ what he said... This dude really knows his stuff about heating/cooling on the GS man...
ty rich....

actually though automotive heating/cooling ISN'T my strong point. i manage a heating/air supply house locally in town, been here for bout 9 + years so i am very familiar with residential/commercial HVAC but i dabble from time to time with automotive as they share the same principles or procedures
Old 05-06-10, 05:50 PM
folsep
Driver School Candidate

What happens if you remove it but don't replace it immediately?

I'd prefer to remove it so I don't have to hear it while I wait on the part but what will happen to my AC?
Old 06-12-10, 04:40 PM
airmax
Pole Position

just started having this problem this morning / last night. its really an annoyance, i cant wait to fix this. i really hope its the servo since its not too expensive to fix. i'm only having the buzzing, im gonna try and see if its the servo today when i get home. i'll update the thread just in case anyone else has the noise but no other symtoms.
Old 01-17-11, 01:26 PM
xfea
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Oh crap - me too - what is MY problem?

So I've been reading the various climate control servo messages - but it sure is confusing.

For a few months I've had the gurgling water / chirping / mouse in the air duct noises but everything was working fine.

The noises would go away for a while only to reappear.

So yesterday I turn the key and a loud buzz comes from the dash.
It goes away in about 10 seconds - and then I notice the heating is messed up.

I haven't tried a lot of different options re: temp and controls - but I have noticed this:

1 - the noise seems to come from the driver side or the center - hard to tell
2 - when I turn up the heat (temp over 80) looks like no air blows down into the driver side foot-well (hot or cold).
3 - If I switch to dash vents only - hot air comes form the passenger vents and cold air from the drivers side.

Also cold air blows from the vent at he bottom on the steering column.

So is this a servo problem and if so which servo is this?

ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 01-17-11, 03:08 PM
SloGS400
Pole Position

Hmm, mine does that gurgling, mouse in the air duct noise as well. In addition the AC blows warm air on the passenger side. If anyone has any insight on this, please help!
Old 01-17-11, 04:47 PM
SloGS400
Pole Position

Ok, the warm air on the passenger side is apparently the temp servo. Not sure about the gurgling sound though.
Old 01-18-11, 08:36 AM
xfea
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SloGS400
Ok, the warm air on the passenger side is apparently the temp servo. Not sure about the gurgling sound though.
So there are two temp servos? One for driver side one for passenger side?
It looks like passenger side is operating normal - the driver side is all weird.
Old 01-18-11, 09:55 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SloGS400
literally search for posts using the keyword gargling or gurgling. you have air in the coolant.

Originally Posted by xfea
So there are two temp servos? One for driver side one for passenger side?
It looks like passenger side is operating normal - the driver side is all weird.
yes 2 temp servos, one on each side for our dual climate control
Old 01-18-11, 10:29 AM
xfea
Intermediate

So where is this temp servo for the drivers side?
Is there a diagram showing all of the servos - and what they control?

How do I run a diagnostic to get errors codes?

Thanks much for any help - I am NOT looking forward to working on this - looks like it might turn into a real b-buster of a repair.
Old 01-18-11, 10:59 AM
SloGS400
Pole Position

Originally Posted by xfea
So where is this temp servo for the drivers side?
Is there a diagram showing all of the servos - and what they control?

How do I run a diagnostic to get errors codes?

Thanks much for any help - I am NOT looking forward to working on this - looks like it might turn into a real b-buster of a repair.

Sakataj did a great DIY write up:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...vo-motors.html

Quick Reply: climate control servo