GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

F Sport Audio

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-12, 05:24 PM
LGSFS2012
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default F Sport Audio

I love the sound in the GS, but it seems like there's not enough bass. I try to turn up the bass and it sound like crap. As anyone added extra sound system?
Old 10-01-12, 05:33 PM
GSTONY
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im on the same boat as you system sound nice and clean except the sub just bass dosent have no kick to it. My buddy stock system in a kia optmia sounds hella good better then our f sport. I do plan on adding my subs from My previous car to the gs but wont be doing that anytime soon as i need the trunk space for the grocery untill i get a van
Old 10-01-12, 07:59 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

BTW,,, do you guys have ML??? i like the ML, however i believe the 835 watt amp is to powerful for all the speakers. i get distortion at a certain volume, when i think i shouldn't. so stronger amp and some JL Audios all around should do the trick. and a JBL signal processor.
Old 10-02-12, 05:34 AM
Mi1lion
Driver

I have the premium NON-ML system, and added my Alpine Type-R 12" Sub and Alpine Amp. It gives me goosebumps when I turn it up. Just a PERFECT balance of vocals and bass, it CLEARLY POUNDS when you turn it up. I had a local audio shop install it when they did my tints and it all looks stock.
Old 10-02-12, 08:20 AM
LexusGSFGO
Driver

Originally Posted by Mi1lion
I have the premium NON-ML system, and added my Alpine Type-R 12" Sub and Alpine Amp. It gives me goosebumps when I turn it up. Just a PERFECT balance of vocals and bass, it CLEARLY POUNDS when you turn it up. I had a local audio shop install it when they did my tints and it all looks stock.
How difficult was it to install? Does it take up much trunk space?
Old 10-02-12, 08:25 AM
Mi1lion
Driver

I don't know as I didn't do the install, my local audio shop did. It sits right up against the passenger back seat and doesn't take up that much space at all.
Old 10-02-12, 07:39 PM
rcrckt
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I blame it on the infinite baffle style subwoofer in the back. It's puny @ 10". If the subwoofer design was somewhat like the BMW where they place them under the front seats, it would make a world of a difference.
Old 10-03-12, 07:44 PM
LGSFS2012
Pole Position

I went to a Audio shop today , they told me 1 12" Kicker Comp with 500watt Kicker amp, harness for the radio connection was 500.00 installed? not sure about it , but iam still thinking about it. I still dont know if i want a 12" or a 10" sub because i do need the room in the trunk... Got some goodies coming.
Old 10-04-12, 05:38 AM
Mi1lion
Driver

That's $500 including the parts (sub and amp)? If true, that's not to bad but exactly which amp and sub are they quoting you on- Kicker has different models in the lineup. I would say do the 12" because it can handle the LOW low frequencies, and it's not that much bigger as the box for the sub is what negates the amount of room you take up. I would also suggest if you can go for the Alpine Type-R sub, as it has the quickest response time and still hits those LOW lows. Just my .02 as I've been pounding the ****** out of my Alpine Amp/Sub for the past 4 years with NO ISSUES.
Old 10-05-12, 02:23 PM
LexusGSFGO
Driver

Originally Posted by Mi1lion
Do you mind if I ask about how much that cost, parts and labor? Also, did they have to take apart the dash? Thanks,
Old 10-05-12, 06:55 PM
Mi1lion
Driver

I have no idea how or what they did to install it. I do know that it all looks like it was never touched, and have no rattles or odd noises. I bought the sub and amp around 4 years ago. The sub was around $150 and the amp around $250 I think, and then around $50 for the 4-gauge wiring kit.
Old 10-05-12, 06:55 PM
Mi1lion
Driver

Labor was $150 at the shop I went to
Old 10-06-12, 05:45 PM
Greatwood
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking to do the work myself as I have prior audio installation experience.. Does anyone know where the best firewall location is for the main power cable? I have the ML sound, but definitely not enough bass. Thanks in advance!
Old 10-06-12, 08:00 PM
bentleymp2
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Greatwood
I am looking to do the work myself as I have prior audio installation experience.. Does anyone know where the best firewall location is for the main power cable? I have the ML sound, but definitely not enough bass. Thanks in advance!
I don't have the answer to your question, but I do have a few questions...
Are you going to use an RCA adapter to get the signal and stuff?
So just run the power cable to the trunk and tap into the rear speakers for everything else?
I think I've just made sense.
My friend did something like this for me in my Acura.
I have the ML but it def needs more bass. I am curious to know what sort if setup you are considering.
Old 10-07-12, 09:25 AM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,235 Likes on 639 Posts

Originally Posted by LGSFS2012
I went to a Audio shop today , they told me 1 12" Kicker Comp with 500watt Kicker amp, harness for the radio connection was 500.00 installed? not sure about it , but iam still thinking about it. I still dont know if i want a 12" or a 10" sub because i do need the room in the trunk... Got some goodies coming.
That is about $200 in parts if you buy yourself, just FYI.

In the car audio world, Kicker subs can get loud, but they're not known for their sound quality.

Quick Reply: F Sport Audio