GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Swift Springs Issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-20, 06:17 PM
Iseluby
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swift Springs Issue

Put Swift lowering springs on my 2017 GS F. Was looking for a coilover that would work with the AVS and it doesn't seem like anyone makes one. Have less than 1000 miles since the install and the front suspension has never seemed right. Brought the car in to the auto shop that installed the springs and they are saying that my front shocks are leaking. Was getting a lot of creaking noise from the front which I thought was from the USRS that they installed at the same time. Front suspension does not take bumps well and they are saying the shocks are always compressed due to the springs. They lubed the suspension but were saying the noise was probably coming from the shocks and not the USRS

Should I just convert to coilovers and forget about the AVS? I don't track the car but do enjoy spirted driving. Appreciate any advice and experiences.
Old 12-16-20, 05:55 AM
1A1
Instructor

Received 300 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by Iseluby
Put Swift lowering springs on my 2017 GS F. Was looking for a coilover that would work with the AVS and it doesn't seem like anyone makes one. Have less than 1000 miles since the install and the front suspension has never seemed right. Brought the car in to the auto shop that installed the springs and they are saying that my front shocks are leaking. Was getting a lot of creaking noise from the front which I thought was from the USRS that they installed at the same time. Front suspension does not take bumps well and they are saying the shocks are always compressed due to the springs. They lubed the suspension but were saying the noise was probably coming from the shocks and not the USRS

Should I just convert to coilovers and forget about the AVS? I don't track the car but do enjoy spirted driving. Appreciate any advice and experiences.
That's pretty much your only option unfortunately. They will ride a little harsher than the AVS obviously do in normal or eco mode though.

Steve
Old 12-16-20, 10:11 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 670 Likes on 591 Posts

Since stock shocks are gone, it is better to upgrade to coils, there are no AVS compatible coilovers yet.

RSR does make good coils for the Lexus GSF though or TOMs Racing is another very good one.

Let us know, we can help you with those.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 12-16-20, 02:32 PM
mr2dave
Intermediate

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Swift springs have a reputation to annoyingly squeak/creak. Just speaking for me, but I had two sets on two different vehicles and they both ended up doing the same thing.

Last edited by mr2dave; 12-16-20 at 04:08 PM.