GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Does anyone intend on hitting the track in their GSF?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-17, 03:35 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Default Does anyone intend on hitting the track in their GSF?

Hey guys. I am an ISF owner and have done 22 track events in my car in 3 years. I am one of the biggest F fans out there literally and figuratively. Being a HUGE track guy as well and physically being 6'5" and 290 lbs I am understandably jealous of the added room of the GSF. At my last 6-7 track events I am seeing more and more bone stock CTSVs. I am afraid of GM quality and would like to stick with Lexus. Was wondering if anyone is actually using the car on track or is it just a commuter? I want to step up but I'm afraid of the less raw nature of the GSF, size, and nature on track. Just looking to see if anyone has done any track time in a GSF and can provide feedback. Not holding my breath. The ISF guys dont track much either but probably more than the GSF.
Attached Thumbnails Does anyone intend on hitting the track in their GSF?-photo414.jpg   Does anyone intend on hitting the track in their GSF?-photo92.jpg   Does anyone intend on hitting the track in their GSF?-photo58.jpg   Does anyone intend on hitting the track in their GSF?-photo503.jpg   Does anyone intend on hitting the track in their GSF?-photo427.jpg  

Does anyone intend on hitting the track in their GSF?-photo401.jpg   Does anyone intend on hitting the track in their GSF?-photo327.jpg   Does anyone intend on hitting the track in their GSF?-photo607.jpg   Does anyone intend on hitting the track in their GSF?-photo167.jpg   Does anyone intend on hitting the track in their GSF?-photo365.jpg  

Does anyone intend on hitting the track in their GSF?-photo280.jpg   Does anyone intend on hitting the track in their GSF?-photo562.jpg   Does anyone intend on hitting the track in their GSF?-photo312.jpg   Does anyone intend on hitting the track in their GSF?-photo796.jpg   Does anyone intend on hitting the track in their GSF?-photo702.jpg  

Does anyone intend on hitting the track in their GSF?-photo223.jpg  
Old 06-20-17, 08:27 AM
TheREKing
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I brought my gsf out on the track in mid may. NYST in upstate New York.

it was a very technical, 18 turn track. The gsf is not as agile as one may think, and didn't do terribly well..with stock rubber on it will rip out of turns at 1.3-1.4 lateral G's. Being so heavy, it doesn't take much to create this force..:

aside from that, I thought that the sport+ mode was good, and I could even leave it in auto and get solid shifts. Not as precise as paddleshifted, but usable none the less.

the car is a beast in the straights. Effortlessly glides from 60-120.

brakin performance is stellar. I am a big fan of the stock brembos! Even after 20 minutes of open track, they were still holding firm.
The following users liked this post:
willstroo (06-20-17)
Old 06-21-17, 05:17 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by TheREKing
I brought my gsf out on the track in mid may. NYST in upstate New York.

it was a very technical, 18 turn track. The gsf is not as agile as one may think, and didn't do terribly well..with stock rubber on it will rip out of turns at 1.3-1.4 lateral G's. Being so heavy, it doesn't take much to create this force..:

aside from that, I thought that the sport+ mode was good, and I could even leave it in auto and get solid shifts. Not as precise as paddleshifted, but usable none the less.

the car is a beast in the straights. Effortlessly glides from 60-120.

brakin performance is stellar. I am a big fan of the stock brembos! Even after 20 minutes of open track, they were still holding firm.
That's so cool, and amazing to hear. Congrats on the GSF btw. The brakes on the ISF are amazing as well. I think the GSF would be stronger with extreme performance tires and maybe coil overs down the line. I'm very glad to hear there are GSF owners who are tracking even as the cars are still new. That's inspiring . Thanks for the response buddy
Old 06-27-17, 02:31 PM
mr2dave
Intermediate

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

I have not had mine out on a circuit nor intend to, but have pushed it pretty good on some closed areas after some work-related training and the GSF has pros and cons when being pushed compared to the ISF which I know you are very familiar with and one who enjoys getting the ISF out on a track.

Again, I have not strapped on my helmet in my GSF but compared to the ISF that I had out on the same course/area a few times, the ISF is a tighter and more road course oriented car (in my opinion) with much more feedback. Going into and handling turns, the GSF felt sticker in the nose and mid-section with less understeer and with the TVD off, less oversteer in the rear. TVD on is a different story and I think the back end of the GSF feels/plays a little friendlier than the ISF (not that the ISF played bad). A noticeable difference when driving aggressively is in the Sport + mode; it is more aggressive than Sports mode in the ISF and it takes the 8 speed transmission down to only 6 gears stretching the RPM bands which when driving aggressively, the RPM band holds way longer than the ISF which takes a little getting used to when getting back on the throttle hard at speed. The GSF is a larger body car and you (or at least I certainly did) will feel that as you let the nose and car work in, through and out of turns but there is not a 'large car' roll. Lastly, the GSF seats sit a bit lower than the ISF giving greater headroom and again, in my opinion giving a better feel to the road with your butt closer to the floorboard.

Sorry for the delayed response and I will leave it up to the others that have truly tracked their GSF and had an ISF to add more. Also in full disclosure, I have two old track cars in FL that are made to be driven like they were stolen and while I did push the GSF firmly, I certainly did not come near white-knuckle driving territory.

Go drive one if for nothing else, you will get a look and feel that the newer technology has compared to the ISF releases. I will also tell you it took me several weeks to really start to enjoy and appreciate the GSF over the ISF when pushing it. In other words, when you drive the GSF aggressively for the first few times, it will not blow you away when comparing it to the ISF. But after some time, things will start to grow on you. Again, this is all subject to one man's cheap opinion...

Good luck.

Last edited by mr2dave; 06-30-17 at 02:59 PM.