GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Considering a GS-F

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-17, 08:51 AM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,351 Likes on 697 Posts

Originally Posted by ssmoked
given that someone can negotiate 20k off msrp of 88k, with all the listed mods the total would be around 98k. Why not just skip the bs and get an E63s or cts v or m5 to achieve everything and still have FULL WARRANTY?? Forget it if someone paid full GSF sticker price

Its pretty sad when 30k is needed and void warranty just to keep up with the competitors in the same class
Let's not forget the new (but not really) kid on the block, the bad *** Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadriofoglio! 505hp, 3.8 sec 0-60, and runs the 1/4 mile in 11.9 seconds, nearly a full second faster than the GS F. And it is priced right, in the mid $70k range.
Old 06-23-17, 11:58 AM
tq745
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 95bat
Let's not forget the new (but not really) kid on the block, the bad *** Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadriofoglio! 505hp, 3.8 sec 0-60, and runs the 1/4 mile in 11.9 seconds, nearly a full second faster than the GS F. And it is priced right, in the mid $70k range.
So many hate on Lexus for their spindle grill but this Alfa Romeo takes the cake. It reminds me of the carnival game where you throw the ball into the nose of the clown.
The following users liked this post:
corpnupe85 (07-04-17)
Old 06-23-17, 03:40 PM
housedogg
10th Gear

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I just picked up my new '17 GSF yesterday and I love it. White with red interior...nice. I became a Lexus person after I traded in my BMW 650i about 10yrs ago. I traded it because of the maint costs associated with BMW's. I still miss my bimmer but since owning a LS, GS, ES, IS, and GX I am all Lexus. I wanted the new LC but couldn't quite swing it right now. Anyway, I think the GSF definitely suits my needs over here in Hawaii. It has the growl I like to hear and its comfortable. I love the spindle grill and low profile.
Old 06-24-17, 12:55 AM
tq745
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by housedogg
I just picked up my new '17 GSF yesterday and I love it. White with red interior...nice. I became a Lexus person after I traded in my BMW 650i about 10yrs ago. I traded it because of the maint costs associated with BMW's. I still miss my bimmer but since owning a LS, GS, ES, IS, and GX I am all Lexus. I wanted the new LC but couldn't quite swing it right now. Anyway, I think the GSF definitely suits my needs over here in Hawaii. It has the growl I like to hear and its comfortable. I love the spindle grill and low profile.
I'm in Hawaii too! Not too many F running around the island. Congrats on the pickup. Did you get a discount from Servco?
Old 06-24-17, 09:49 AM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,351 Likes on 697 Posts

Originally Posted by tq745
So many hate on Lexus for their spindle grill but this Alfa Romeo takes the cake. It reminds me of the carnival game where you throw the ball into the nose of the clown.
I actually love the styling of both cars! I'm just more performance oriented right now so I feel the GS F is overpriced.
Old 07-01-17, 02:01 PM
vxlyf3
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

4 months into it. Dont regret one thing and the more I drive it the more I love it. About the fuel pump I had that issue as well and it goes on and off for about 1000-2000 miles and I reset the ecu fuse 2 times and it goes away now. Going to the dealer for an oil change soon should I leave it as is or ask them to do the reflash anyways even though the sound is not there anymore? Fuel pump is about the only thing that bothered me, otherwise its one of the best reliable sedans out there.

Last edited by vxlyf3; 07-01-17 at 02:05 PM.
Old 07-02-17, 11:40 AM
mr2dave
Intermediate

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by vxlyf3
4 months into it. Dont regret one thing and the more I drive it the more I love it. About the fuel pump I had that issue as well and it goes on and off for about 1000-2000 miles and I reset the ecu fuse 2 times and it goes away now. Going to the dealer for an oil change soon should I leave it as is or ask them to do the reflash anyways even though the sound is not there anymore? Fuel pump is about the only thing that bothered me, otherwise its one of the best reliable sedans out there.
Yes, have your dealership do the fuel pump flash and tell them it happens when you are sitting in traffic after 10-15 minutes . I would leave out the part about you resetting it not that it really matters but again, why even bring it up?

FYI my fuel pump started making the noise right around 7800 miles and no issues since the reflash.
Old 07-02-17, 12:49 PM
Autobacs
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Well after one year and three months of owning a CPO BMW 650i Grand Coupe (with all the bells and whistles), I am now considering going back to a Lexus again, specifically the GSF. I love the style, elegance, and power of the 650i, it truly is an amazing car but having been to the dealership for warranty repairs three times, it makes me wonder about the wisdom of owning it once the warranty expires next year. I'm going to test drive a GSF next week. I am intrigued by the good reviews of its handling and want to find out for myself how good it is. Power wise, I know it's not a powerful car for its class but it's not a sports car and is more than adequate.

Last edited by Autobacs; 07-03-17 at 10:47 PM.
Old 07-02-17, 06:58 PM
danwlee
Driver

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Autobacs
Well after one year and three month of ownership of CPO BMW 650i Grand Coupe with all the bells and whistles, I am now considering going back to a Lexus again, specifically the GSF. I love the style, elegance, and power of the 650i, it truly is an amazing car but having been to the dealership for warranty repairs three times, it makes me wonder about the wisdom of owning it once the warranty expires next year. I'm going to test drive a GSF next week. I am intrigued by the good reviews of its handling and want to find out for myself how good it is. Power wise, I know it's not a powerful car for its class but it's not a sports car and is more than adequate.
I was cross shopping between slightly used 13-14 M5's, M6's (Gran Coupe), and GSF when I was looking at cars and went with the GSF because 1] they're less common (especially than M5's) 2] i'm not worried about random issues that i'm confident that i'd have to deal with on the BMW 3] the GSF and M5 are roughtly the same size, but M5 felt like a BIG car while GSF feels smaller than it is. The Gran Coupe is longer and i definitely felt it when I was sitting in it. it's like i'm 2 rows too far back in a theatre

Powerwise, the GSF should be comparable to the 550/650 in a straight line. It's the M cars that the GSF is lacking 100hp from, but I personally felt the M's had a harder time putting power to the ground even though they're more powerful. You might find the GSF is a bit disappointing on the low-end delivery compared to 550/650 though.

I don't think you'll be disappointed with the GSF coming from a 650. Go test drive one and let us know what you think. I'm curious if it's just me or other people feel the same.

Last edited by danwlee; 07-02-17 at 07:06 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Autobacs (07-02-17)
Old 07-02-17, 07:42 PM
Autobacs
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

I will expect the low end torque will be less, I still remember the ISF. The reviews about the GSF feeling smaller because of its good handling is what I am looking forward to experience for myself. I am hoping I won't be disappointed.
Old 07-02-17, 07:54 PM
vxlyf3
Rookie

Just had the apexi throttle controller installed. Would recommend for rcf and gsf owners.
Old 07-03-17, 07:12 AM
mcolommena
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vxlyf3
Just had the apexi throttle controller installed. Would recommend for rcf and gsf owners.
IS this better than just Sport+?
Old 07-03-17, 12:36 PM
vxlyf3
Rookie

Originally Posted by mcolommena
IS this better than just Sport+?
yes but just note that there wont be any hp increase but when u hit the gas it accel faster in sport and sport+. For 200 bucks definitely worth it. The car behave slightly different. Get it you will like it. Installation is easy too.
Old 07-03-17, 02:33 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource
Senior Moderator

Received 4,081 Likes on 2,473 Posts

I quit using sport mode in the GS F simply because the throttle is so abrupt. Part of it is my big feet and being used to putting my toe near the bottom of the pedal so I can have the ball of my foot on the brake quickly, and ergonomically, the ball of the foot is extremely pressure sensitive (it's why you ride motorcycles with the ball of your foot on the peg, not with your foot slammed against the heel - unless you're a squid) and best brake control is with the ball of the foot. With the throttle hinged at the bottom, I've had to completely relearn throttle control, and in my natural position (from many, many years of driving Toyotas) the throttle is too abrupt in sport and sport+. I only figured it out one day when I forgot to put it in sport mode and realized I was getting smooth throttle control for the first time driving the car. I looked at the instruments and saw the ECO green light lit and thought, "That's weird, never saw that before" and suddenly realized I was using the standard settings.

I seriously doubt a throttle controller is going to make me happy at all. I didn't care for the ones I've used so far in IS Fs, but I do automatically put the IS F in sport mode every time I drive it before leaving the garage.
Old 07-03-17, 08:54 PM
tomsgsf
Rookie

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Time to get a GTHAUS exhaust and your GSF will come alive

Quick Reply: Considering a GS-F