Is the GS-F dead?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-17, 10:17 AM
mr2dave
Intermediate

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by bolaga
Been driving GSF daily.
It's a great car, and far superior in day to day usage than M5 or E63. The price for the tech that included is a bit off, but getting it at 70k OTD is definitely a bargain.
It's more comfortable and more fun to toss around the road. M5 on the other hand really isn't a great car on the normal road, and you definitely don't like to add more mileage on it.

Is GS-F Dead? For those who actually drive this car day to day, HELL NO. The only problem for me is the infotainment system and tech packages that came with it, especially at it's MSRP.
The car price around 75k is definitely more reasonable.
^^^+1 - well said.
Old 04-25-17, 02:30 PM
Stormryu
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Been driving GSF daily.
It's a great car, and far superior in day to day usage than M5 or E63. The price for the tech that included is a bit off, but getting it at 70k OTD is definitely a bargain.
It's more comfortable and more fun to toss around the road. M5 on the other hand really isn't a great car on the normal road, and you definitely don't like to add more mileage on it.

Is GS-F Dead? For those who actually drive this car day to day, HELL NO. The only problem for me is the infotainment system and tech packages that came with it, especially at it's MSRP.
The car price around 75k is definitely more reasonable.

I totally agree about the infotainment system. I'd LOVE if lexus adopted the audi mmi/Idrive type system. One reason why I really audi.
Old 04-25-17, 04:10 PM
bolaga
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CobraGSF
wow 70k OTD?! What was your selling price if you don't mind me asking. I was at roughly 74k OTD before i got the $2700 wheel and tire package coverage for 4 years.
No idea what was the selling price. I just called up the dealership and asked if I can do 70k OTD, then I went to pick it up.

The tax is exactly 10% at my area, so I assumed its around 61k?
Old 04-25-17, 06:04 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

No idea what was the selling price. I just called up the dealership and asked if I can do 70k OTD, then I went to pick it up.

The tax is exactly 10% at my area, so I assumed its around 61k?
what dealer was it
Old 04-25-17, 09:47 PM
bolaga
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ssmoked
what dealer was it
It's in Socal area, Glendale I believe.
Old 04-26-17, 03:52 AM
Jz39
Advanced

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

I think Lexus has made mistakes all along the way with their F cars. Starting with the ISF, they introduced a car with a suspension so stiff that it turned a lot of people off. Sales of 08/09 cars were pretty decent and then just plummeted over the years as the suspension got a bad rap. By the time they got to 2011 they had mechanical LSD and a very good suspension, but that was too late, the game had already been played--when you sell low 100s of cars in the final year of production, you missed the mark.

Then they come out with an RCF 2+2 and just a few years later upstage it with the LCF? Not one, but TWO luxury 2+2 coupes in the line up? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Plus I'm sure at least one RCF owner is pissed about the new coupe on the block coming out so soon.

As for the GSF, I generally like the car for what it is, but the MSRP is high as others have mentioned.

And for both RCF and GSF Lexus has really pushed the boy racer theme with overdone styling cues all over the cars. The ISF had a few of these (i.e. The tailpipes) and even then lots of people complained. The RCF and GSF are not inherently beautiful cars in their sculpted shapes--they look "neat" because of all of the design cues, but don't have a natural beauty to them. Especially the GSF, I think this car is just over cooked in terms of styling for most. My guess is that this, along with the other items mentioned, turns people off. With the LCF, Lexus has gone back to making more mature looking cars for buyers with mature wallets, the kind of wallet you need to get into an F car. Case in point, who needs a 10 year auto loan? Probably a younger buyer who is intrigued with the styling etc of the RCF/GSF but can't really afford one.
The following users liked this post:
finny76 (04-26-17)
Old 04-26-17, 11:28 AM
mikedozz
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Jz39
I think Lexus has made mistakes all along the way with their F cars. Starting with the ISF, they introduced a car with a suspension so stiff that it turned a lot of people off. Sales of 08/09 cars were pretty decent and then just plummeted over the years as the suspension got a bad rap. By the time they got to 2011 they had mechanical LSD and a very good suspension, but that was too late, the game had already been played--when you sell low 100s of cars in the final year of production, you missed the mark.

Then they come out with an RCF 2+2 and just a few years later upstage it with the LCF? Not one, but TWO luxury 2+2 coupes in the line up? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Plus I'm sure at least one RCF owner is pissed about the new coupe on the block coming out so soon.

As for the GSF, I generally like the car for what it is, but the MSRP is high as others have mentioned.

And for both RCF and GSF Lexus has really pushed the boy racer theme with overdone styling cues all over the cars. The ISF had a few of these (i.e. The tailpipes) and even then lots of people complained. The RCF and GSF are not inherently beautiful cars in their sculpted shapes--they look "neat" because of all of the design cues, but don't have a natural beauty to them. Especially the GSF, I think this car is just over cooked in terms of styling for most. My guess is that this, along with the other items mentioned, turns people off. With the LCF, Lexus has gone back to making more mature looking cars for buyers with mature wallets, the kind of wallet you need to get into an F car. Case in point, who needs a 10 year auto loan? Probably a younger buyer who is intrigued with the styling etc of the RCF/GSF but can't really afford one.
I completely agree with this statement.