GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Sell E63S for GS-F or keep

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-17, 10:37 PM
LEXUSF
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sell E63S for GS-F or keep

Decisions, what should I do? I love my 16 E 63 S I have AMS tune and love the speed. I just like the newer look to GSF front end. Help. What would you do?
Old 01-03-17, 11:22 PM
cobbyy
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep it. You'll regret.
Old 01-04-17, 03:38 AM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

I dont know your car collection seems reasonable that your GS-F could be the reliable daily driver. I would get the GS-F since you have ample power between the Viper and the Hellcat.
Old 01-04-17, 04:23 AM
Malu59RT
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You aren't going to like the lack of torque. I was very disappointed in the lack of mid-range on the GS F, and the transmission's unwillingness to downshift to make any type of sudden acceleration in stop and go traffic. If I had an E63S, I wouldn't be considering a GS F as a replacement. Nice to see another Dallas Gen 5 owner!
The following users liked this post:
LEXUSF (01-04-17)
Old 01-04-17, 05:16 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

If you're torque hungry even for a daily, the GS F will disappoint below 3700 rpm, otherwise, I agree with bigblack06.
Old 01-04-17, 06:47 AM
LEXUSF
Racer

So this may seem dumb but I get in allot of trouble with the benz. I drive way to fast at times. I am just commuting. Lol. I really think I would drive slower and not speed if I had GS-F. Now with that said I have other cars that are fast. The purpose of this is mearly commuter, kid carrier, multi purpose car. My car is AMS tuned and I'm chewing tires up. No Michelin option and perreli suck etc. E63 trans 3-4 sucks and it's a beast but the trans mission is junk. Not smooth, once I tuned it jumps to downshift hard which tuners and forum guys said it's normal. If you drive in normal mode / eco its dead lol starts out in second gear and unless you hammer it you will hate. If you the put in sport or sport plus it starts out in first but then it can really jerk you around because it's super torque and throttle is not fluid. If you read amg forums everyone hates that. If you want power and just power yes it's cool. It's just a tough decision to me.
Old 01-04-17, 07:31 AM
bigblack06

Originally Posted by LEXUSF
So this may seem dumb but I get in allot of trouble with the benz. I drive way to fast at times. I am just commuting. Lol. I really think I would drive slower and not speed if I had GS-F. Now with that said I have other cars that are fast. The purpose of this is mearly commuter, kid carrier, multi purpose car. My car is AMS tuned and I'm chewing tires up. No Michelin option and perreli suck etc. E63 trans 3-4 sucks and it's a beast but the trans mission is junk. Not smooth, once I tuned it jumps to downshift hard which tuners and forum guys said it's normal. If you drive in normal mode / eco its dead lol starts out in second gear and unless you hammer it you will hate. If you the put in sport or sport plus it starts out in first but then it can really jerk you around because it's super torque and throttle is not fluid. If you read amg forums everyone hates that. If you want power and just power yes it's cool. It's just a tough decision to me.
Yep as I stated before the GS-F would be a great purchase instead of the E63 seems worth it to have the GS-F as your daily especially family hauler.
Old 01-04-17, 07:59 AM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Old 01-04-17, 02:00 PM
CalboyF
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My uncle was in the very same situation as you are now. He sold his E63 after owning it for one year and bought a GSF. Now he is a happy man without worrying much about speeding tickets, not to mention the visits to dealership for small glitches, rattles.... And becuz of his positive experience with GSF, I bought one in November.
Old 01-05-17, 12:37 AM
LEXUSF
Racer

I sold 16E63S today and bought GS-F and in my opinion it's a way better car. Yes brute force is nice but I feel the Mercedes is a bull in the China shop. The GS-F is a like a skilled surgeon.. not a guy with a chain saw. Lol. Best how I can explain.

Last edited by LEXUSF; 01-05-17 at 05:54 AM.
Old 01-05-17, 03:21 AM
bigblack06

I sold 16E63S today and bought GS-F and in my opinion it's a way better car. Yes but force is nice but I feel the Mercedes is a bull in the China shop. The GS-F is a like a skilled surgeon.. not a guy with a chain saw. Lol. Best how I can explain.
Congrats on the purchase and post some pics up so we can see the beauty.
LEXUSF (01-05-17)
Old 01-05-17, 07:28 AM
mr2dave
Intermediate

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

I sold 16E63S today and bought GS-F and in my opinion it's a way better car. Yes brute force is nice but I feel the Mercedes is a bull in the China shop. The GS-F is a like a skilled surgeon.. not a guy with a chain saw. Lol. Best how I can explain.
Pretty cool and neat analogy.

Enjoy the new ride.

Last edited by mr2dave; 01-06-17 at 11:13 AM.
Old 01-05-17, 08:53 AM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

Congrats on the switch!

But damn how much of a depreciation did you take without lube? I know it is totally worth it to you, but just wondering
Old 01-05-17, 09:46 AM
LEXUSF
Racer

Originally Posted by ssmoked
Congrats on the switch!

But damn how much of a depreciation did you take without lube? I know it is totally worth it to you, but just wondering
I got my E63 for 20k off MSRP
finny76 (09-26-17)
Old 01-05-17, 03:08 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

I got my E63 for 20k off MSRP
They needed to discount that much (18% based on $110k msrp) off a current year model to move units or did it have demo miles on it?

Quick Reply: Sell E63S for GS-F or keep