New GS-F Owner

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-16, 08:17 AM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Default New GS-F Owner

Hey Club Lexus!
My name is Mike and I am making a return to the Lexus family I originally purchased an IS-F in 2008, loved it and traded it in due to changing work, family and life obligations Yesterday, I purchased a brand new GS F and couldn't be happier!! Happy to answer any questions anyone has and I'm looking forward to seeing what becomes available on the aftermarket (P.S. More photos of the GS to come soon)

Old 08-30-16, 09:18 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,827 Likes on 1,289 Posts

Hey - YOU'R BACK!!!!!!!! Missed you

Lou
Old 08-30-16, 09:25 AM
mikedozz
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Nice whip! Good color choice
Old 08-30-16, 12:08 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

WELCOME BACK SIR!

Let's get your GSF looking like your old ISF!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 09-04-16, 08:02 AM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Thank you all for the welcome!

Believe it or not, there was actually an issue with the original Caviar colored GS-F posted above. Less than two days after driving it home and keeping it in my garage when not in use, I opened by rear drivers side door to find a line of small insects moving across the door sill. I inspected further and pulled back the rubber tubing around the door to find thousands of small insects crawling all over and in what appeared to be various 'nests.' After finding so many in the drivers side rear door, I went check on the passenger side rear door to find even more of the same insects. There were literally thousands of small insects (they looked like sugar ants mixed with a small spider) throughout both rear doors, crawling under the rear door sills and I'm guessing underneath the back seat.

I immediately drove the car back to the dealership and was greeted by a Sales Manager who was just as shocked as I was to find the creepy crawlers imbedded throughout the rear of the 48 hour old vehicle. He had me drive it to the service department where the service managers, the sales manager and a number of technicians were in awe. They were shocked and collectively agreed they had never seen anything like this before. While they'd seen snakes and other critters from owners, they'd never seen an infestation in a new car like that before.

I dropped the car off in the service department, who were tremendous, per the Sales Manager's request and came back to meet with him and my sales person the following morning. Upon meeting, their unparalleled customer service, genuine care for their clients and sincere graciousness was beyond evident. They offered to swap the 48 hour old vehicle with less than 100 miles on it with a new GS-F. I have to give props to the dealership and Lexus customer service for truly embodying what it means to be caring, respectful and customer service orientated. I cannot imagine another dealership handling the situation better than Sewell Dallas.

Last edited by BigMikeISF; 09-04-16 at 01:50 PM.
The following users liked this post:
corpnupe85 (03-27-17)
Old 09-04-16, 10:24 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,827 Likes on 1,289 Posts

Wow, your story gives me the creeps So Glad they took care of you Took a bath when you got home - I bet

Lou
Old 09-04-16, 01:46 PM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by flowrider
Wow, your story gives me the creeps So Glad they took care of you Took a bath when you got home - I bet

Lou
Hey Lou! Hope you're doing well!!

You bet I did! It was quite the scene running around the garage!
Old 09-04-16, 03:35 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Like the new color combo better.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 09-05-16, 06:24 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Crazy story - who knows if this happened during shipment and if other cars in the same container got contaminated.

Glad it worked out and enjoy your GS F!
Old 09-05-16, 03:03 PM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
Like the new color combo better.

-Josh
Thanks Josh! I agree that gray w/red is sexy. Would love some CF mirror covers that blend well with the CF already standard. Not quite sure if I'm sold on the CF wrap the dealership put on the car.

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Crazy story - who knows if this happened during shipment and if other cars in the same container got contaminated.

Glad it worked out and enjoy your GS F!
Absolutely. The dealer was concerned it happened on their lot but they went through every vehicle and didn't find anything else. I asked them to provide further info once they figure it out. I'll post an update.
Old 09-05-16, 03:09 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by BigMikeISF
Thanks Josh! I agree that gray w/red is sexy. Would love some CF mirror covers that blend well with the CF already standard. Not quite sure if I'm sold on the CF wrap the dealership put on the car.

Absolutely. The dealer was concerned it happened on their lot but they went through every vehicle and didn't find anything else. I asked them to provide further info once they figure it out. I'll post an update.
I saw that car on the lot with the CF stickers and laughed but it wasn't as bad as the one with CF on the hood and roof they were asking 9k over MSRP for. Sewell always has one or two wacky cars like that at all their dealerships. Some deal they do with a local college where they give students a budget and let them design something from a specific model. At Sewell Infiniti they had a Q70 with multicolored led's inside you could control and some other little stuff.

Anyway, I like the gray on red also. They had one in the showroom I took pictures of in that same combo, looks awesome. Congratulations.
Old 09-05-16, 03:16 PM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Afrosheen
I saw that car on the lot with the CF stickers and laughed but it wasn't as bad as the one with CF on the hood and roof they were asking 9k over MSRP for. Sewell always has one or two wacky cars like that at all their dealerships. Some deal they do with a local college where they give students a budget and let them design something from a specific model. At Sewell Infiniti they had a Q70 with multicolored led's inside you could control and some other little stuff.

Anyway, I like the gray on red also. They had one in the showroom I took pictures of in that same combo, looks awesome. Congratulations.
Thank you!

I agree. I laughed at first and after what happened with the insects, I decided to go for it. I like it underneath the front lights/above the DRL's but am not sold on the side panels. If I purchase CF mirrors, I'll have it removed. It's done tasteful and not over the top.
Old 09-06-16, 08:44 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i am really glad they took care of you!
Old 09-06-16, 10:14 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Yeah, awesome that Sewell barely batted an eye and gave you another one. Maybe I can get a sweet deal after they debug the original, lol.
Old 09-08-16, 09:04 AM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
i am really glad they took care of you!
It was truly a unique experience, from start to finish. I'm extremely impressed at how quickly Lexus and Sewell corrected the issue.

Originally Posted by Afrosheen
Yeah, awesome that Sewell barely batted an eye and gave you another one. Maybe I can get a sweet deal after they debug the original, lol.
Haha, I'm sure it'd be a killer deal if they fumigate the entire car

Quick Reply: New GS-F Owner