GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Price Paid for a GS-F (Lease or Purchase)

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-19, 02:19 PM
IMAGINTHAT
Intermediate

Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by HENS47
No worries- new to the forum but thought I would post now that I am an Lexus owner again (had a 2009 IS 250 before so the GSF is a step up haha). Yeah if you check out that unit, keep an eye out for that spoiler crack- it wasn't small. Same with the rear passenger wheel well damage. I didn't actually spot the CF damage at first but when the sale manager came in, and said "WE CAN DO $60K BUT WE AREN"T REPLACING THE SPOILER!" I looked at him and said, what do you mean, what's wrong with the spoiler? The look on his face while he processed what he just inadvertently disclosed was priceless
Yeah - I have bought a car from them before many years ago and looked at a few GS-F's there last year and their sales staff is pretty smug and condescending.
Old 07-20-19, 02:28 PM
HENS47
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the management they have there probably sets the tone. I've been to other "higher end" car dealerships in the area (Shelly BMW, Mission Viejo & South Coast Audi, Irvine Porsche) and for the most part they are pretty respectful and courteous in comparison.
And CarMax! Man that place is awesome haha. No BS at all.

Last edited by HENS47; 07-20-19 at 02:32 PM.
Old 07-27-19, 09:52 PM
blitzjs
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just picked up a 2016 Nebula Grey exterior light interior GSF with 20K miles for $50K plus TTL from CarMax; ended up getting the extended warranty for $1500 too so I'm covered up until 100K miles or 6 years, which I thought wasn't a bad deal. Love the car so far- think it will be a keeper.
Heads up for those still looking, before I made the purchase at CarMax, I ended up going to Newport Lexus (CA) and looked at a reportedly newly off-lease White exterior/black interior 2016 GSF with orange calipers with 5-6K miles that was just posted on CarGurus, They said an older lady just turned it in the night before- the low milage was attractive but I got there before they cleaned it up for Lexus Certification and man it was rough. Light scrapes on bilateral fenders that probably can be polished out, a dime sized ding on the rear quarter panel, and it looked like the previous owner either backed up or was hit in the back so the rear bumper has two parallel vertical dings and she also cracked the CF spoiler. The right rear wheel well also had a portion of the covering that was loosened and sticking out, not sure what happened there- but I offered them 60K plus TTL and they accepted, but the deal fell apart when I said I would put down a 3K deposit and showed them pre-approved financing from my credit union for $60K (could have asked for more but was going to put down 20K via cashiers check) and they wanted me to complete a credit application ("we won't run your credit, but just fill out this form!") and wanted me to go through the dealer paperwork before they completed all the repairs. I might have done it if I had found the Sales Manager (Fred Mahjoob) more trustworthy and less condescending (he came into finance yelling "WHAT HAPPENED I THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING TO SIGN?!?"). I think if you are looking for a low mile 2016, this one might be nice but I would wait until they repair it (they said they would repair, not replace the bumper, and would not replace the CF spoiler, so you know its the same car if there's a sizable crack in the spoiler). They accepted 60K without any back/forth, so I think that they will go lower FWIW. Happy hunting everyone
I went to Newport Lexus to take a look at the GSF. I immediately went to go look at the carbon fiber spoiler and front radiator molding (that's what its listed as on the Parts site). The rear spoiler's crack is pretty bad and the front has a lot of rock chips all over. Tommy, the sales manager, came over and said these cars are so rare that the asking price is reasonable. They also have a RCF Track Edition with a 50k markup that they also feel is "reasonable." I didn't press the price any further as those two carbon fiber pieces are 7-9k (4k for the rear spoiler, 3-5k for the CF radiator molding). Spent the rest of the time looking at the GX for the wife.

Back to playing the waiting game...
Old 07-28-19, 09:00 AM
HENS47
Driver School Candidate

They weren't willing to go down on price at all? I have a picture of the offer they made me with them going down to $60k. Yeah that CF spoiler crack isn't small lol. Did they end up Lexus Certifying that GSF like they said they would when you saw it? And lol at 50K markup on the RCF, that is going to sit on the lot for a while.
Old 07-28-19, 11:40 AM
blitzjs
Driver School Candidate

They weren't willing to go down on price at all? I have a picture of the offer they made me with them going down to $60k. Yeah that CF spoiler crack isn't small lol. Did they end up Lexus Certifying that GSF like they said they would when you saw it? And lol at 50K markup on the RCF, that is going to sit on the lot for a while.
I didn't really press them on the price. I just mentioned with those repairs the car would be close to what one would get a brand new one for and this car obviously is 3 years old, has other cosmetic problems and it doesn't have the adaptive suspension. Tommy just said that this car is like "gold" since its so rare in the west.

They did end up certifying the GSF.

Here's the sticker on the RCF Track Edition.

Old 07-29-19, 11:19 AM
crazych42
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by blitzjs
I didn't really press them on the price. I just mentioned with those repairs the car would be close to what one would get a brand new one for and this car obviously is 3 years old, has other cosmetic problems and it doesn't have the adaptive suspension. Tommy just said that this car is like "gold" since its so rare in the west.

They did end up certifying the GSF.

Here's the sticker on the RCF Track Edition.
WTFO? That is just ridiculous.
Old 07-29-19, 11:25 AM
HENS47
Driver School Candidate

"gold" and 50K markup?
Old 07-29-19, 03:35 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,857 Likes on 2,338 Posts

They'll be roasting that TE RC F over a spit a year from now to feed the family. The options in that price range are so much more appealing - that's McLaren 570S pricing.
The following users liked this post:
HENS47 (08-01-19)
Old 07-29-19, 04:58 PM
Garetgg
Driver School Candidate

Default Buying a gsf

First off I started off looking at lightly used BMW m5 as I have always loved the look especially that kidney grill. I want to buy a vehicle I can have the possibility of owning long term (out of warranty) which brought me to the gsf as I've had multiple mechanics who work on European sports sedans and have said there basically garbage cans on wheels but praised the lexus's dependability. I test drove a gsf the other day...to be quite honest I'm making a significant upgrade from my always reliable Nissan Altima v6 and I was a bit nervous to push such a nice car in horrible let Denver traffic. Car looks and sounds amazing. I did notice it does seem to be a bit quite and slow off the git go then as you all have stated turns into a animal at around 3500rpms. Tried to talk the deal down and he wouldnt budge..he wanted 62k otd for a 2016 USB with 14k miles but the dealer seemed like he was lying when I asked if it was a demo for one and for two without even thoroughly inspecting the car I noticed the front undercarriage was scratched from parking and the rims and tires on the driver said has chunks missing from them..seller claimed mint condition then I walked out. I did find another 2016 USB in the Midwest with 31k mi that's a CPO for an asking price 53k before taxes and registration. I offered 48k cash in had and they quickly turned it down saying they wouldn't take a penny less but yet I am constantly seeing on gsf forums guys claiming to get new ones for low 60's and used ones for mid 40s...where are they at is I want to know. Is 53k a decent price for 31k mi CPO?
Old 07-29-19, 05:56 PM
Ismelllike
Pit Crew

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

I've been casually watching the market for GSF and RCF. Seems to have firmed up in pricing but at the same time they aren't selling that quickly. Dealers apparently would rather sit on inventory because it's low, but demand is also low. Heck one dealer wouldn't even let me test drive an RCF claiming it to be super rare.

Reminds me of when I was shopping for my wife's manual tranny Audi s5. No one was willing to deal since it was so rare, but the buying market was tiny. I remember after getting a decent deal on ours one local dealer that offered $500 off still had it 3 years later offering 35% off.

New ones for low 60s definitely not possible now, I tried hah. Market has adjusted for decreased production for 2018 and 2019.
Old 08-09-19, 09:36 AM
DeelyJ
Driver School Candidate

1st post here! There's a never titled demo '16 GS-F sitting in Fort Wayne for maybe 3 years, was offered for $51K. Thoughts?
I was thinking to use that as a leverage to negotiate with my local dealer on a certified '16 with 44k miles, what's the price point I should aim on? Is lower $40k a realistic range. I've been monitoring the used market for almost a year, I've seen one sold for $39,xxx with 50K miles on it, clean Carfax and all dealer maintenance. I still regret to this day I didn't pull the trigger.
Thank you all!
Old 08-09-19, 07:36 PM
HENS47
Driver School Candidate

How many miles does that "demo" have? Color? And do you know the story behind it (was it just overpriced, left on the lot and test driven extensively?).
I just got a '16 with 20K miles for $51K plus TTL, Nebula gray, so that might be a benchmark to reference for the one with 44K miles- would think that lower $40K does make sense, especially if its like a red exterior some other color combo that might be more funky and harder for them to move?
Old 08-09-19, 09:09 PM
DeelyJ
Driver School Candidate

Thank you for the reply! Forgot that part, it's 9k miles, and I think the Red Mica Exterior color is probably why it's not sold yet but I could be wrong. The 44k CPO one is Blue exterior color I assume it's a plus for it

I just noticed this week alone there are several lease end vehicle went on sale, I hope the price could be brought down a little.
Old 08-13-19, 07:02 AM
myclue
Pit Crew

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Just finalized a deal for my 2016 Caviar with the dark blue interior.
28,000 miles. $49.5.
It is L-Certified, includes an additional 2 year/ unlimited mile warranty AFTER the factory warranty runs out AND 2 year maintenance paid already.
Felt like it was a great deal and jumped on it.
Old 08-13-19, 08:49 AM
Teutonic
Intermediate

Received 94 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by myclue
Just finalized a deal for my 2016 Caviar with the dark blue interior.
28,000 miles. $49.5.
It is L-Certified, includes an additional 2 year/ unlimited mile warranty AFTER the factory warranty runs out AND 2 year maintenance paid already.
Felt like it was a great deal and jumped on it.
Sounds like a good deal! Did you purchase it locally?

Quick Reply: Price Paid for a GS-F (Lease or Purchase)