GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Price Paid for a GS-F (Lease or Purchase)

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-18, 10:55 AM
crazych42
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by texaslexii
Hey everybody,

long time lurker but finally decided to sign up. I'm looking into trading in a '15 F150 for a '17 GSF. I noticed that there really isn't much difference between 16-17-18 MY, and looking at the Lexus website, the MY19 looks to be identical as well.

Most of the 16s L/Cert are around mid-high 60s with anywhere between 10k-30k miles on the clock. However, a 17 L/Cert just popped up in DFW with 600 miles on the clock, and the L/Cert expires 7/2023, which is a full 5 years. It has ML and HUD. Its listed at 73K. So here are the items to discuss

1) All books (blue/yellow/black/etc) have the car valued between 68K and 70K. Is it realistic to expect the dealer to drop another 3K?
2) is it worth spending 10K more (on average) for a '17 with less than 1K miles instead of a '16 with 20K miles?
3) Almost all have those gawdy, disgusting orange calipers. Are they hard to swap out for the normal grey/silver ones? That color just doesnt go with this car.
4) It does not have the lighted sill plates. Would like to add those. I'm sure it'll be much more expensive than the 400 dealer/manufacturer price quoted online (builder)
5) this particular car i'll look at has the red interior. Not my preferred choice as it looks too "racey". How red is it in real life?

I guess for 3 and 4 I'll scour the forums more and see if someone has done the swap/install. As far as '16 vs '17, I know price is subjective but having a full 5 years bumper-bumper unlimited mile coverage is a very strong motivator.

I am surprised at how few, really few cars are out there. I know this is a low-volume car, but doing a nation-wide search, I can only find about 20 for sale from dealers. Is this to be expected?

Thanks again y'all, sorry for the long post and appreciate y'alls expertise and suggestions.
I'm looking as well and ave decided that the adaptive dampers are worth it for a '17. Besides, I am not in a hurry and have time to wait for the right car at the right time. I'm not sure where you're looking, but if you broaden your search there are many certified '16s out there for at or under $60K with low miles.
Old 07-06-18, 11:02 AM
Hudacris
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by crazych42
That sounds like the one I test drove in Portland, Maine. It's in great condition; however, the owner was a smoker.
Thanks for that info. Probably would be no good for my asthmatic wife or baby lol
Old 07-06-18, 01:52 PM
texaslexii
Pole Position

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatbarney
On the seats, everyone has different tastes, but I thought the red was eye searing. I think others agree as the only 18's still available in the DC area all have red interiors. The orange calipers I could have done without, but am beginning to like them.

Also looks like the GS-Fs have a $5k rebate, so an 18 can be had for under $80k. I think the 18's also have Enform free for 10 years.
Thanks for the info. I am not sure what the Enform is or how useful it really is. Is it a concierge thing? 10 years doesnt sound bad.

Last edited by texaslexii; 07-06-18 at 02:01 PM.
Old 07-06-18, 01:55 PM
texaslexii
Pole Position

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by IMAGINTHAT
Welcome, below is my take on your questions:
1) I would think you should be able to get a few thousand knocked off that price.
2) It depends on the condition of the higher mile car and how much you value the adaptive suspension on the '17.
3) You could have the calipers professionally repainted but will never look as good as factory paint.
4) Not sure on that, but have heard of some people getting them worked into their deal.
5) Circuit red is very red in person, especially when light hits it.

It sounds like this isn't the car for you if you don't want the orange calipers and red interior. Personally, I like both of those options as the styling is very conservative on the car in general so those items give it a bit of flare. Best of luck with your search.
Thank you sir for the input. Ive sat on red-interior'd BMWs and they're just way, waaay to much. Granted those have *everything* red, so my thoughts were at least on the GSF is just seating surfaces. I'll definitely have to see it and spend some time on it when test-driving it. I suppose buying replacement calipers in grey from the dealer will be prohibitively expensive.

Worse case scenario I can deal with the calipers since I really will never see them. Thanks again!

Old 07-06-18, 08:43 PM
djxlilman
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My lease on my M3 is up in Oct and I am looking to get into a GS-F. What price should I have a target at during negotiations? Since, I have time still, should I wait till September/October as I may get a better deal at that time?
Old 07-06-18, 10:51 PM
Fatbarney
Driver

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by djxlilman
My lease on my M3 is up in Oct and I am looking to get into a GS-F. What price should I have a target at during negotiations? Since, I have time still, should I wait till September/October as I may get a better deal at that time?
New, I would say $78k, but theres not much selection out there if your particular about colors.
Old 07-08-18, 05:37 AM
Hudacris
Driver School Candidate

New, I would say $78k, but theres not much selection out there if your particular about colors.
I think a 2018 can be cheaper than that. A local dealer has one already marked down to 83 before the 5k Lexus cash. I'd shoot for 75k or lower before taxes and fees.
Old 07-08-18, 08:29 AM
Fatbarney
Driver

Originally Posted by Hudacris
I think a 2018 can be cheaper than that. A local dealer has one already marked down to 83 before the 5k Lexus cash. I'd shoot for 75k or lower before taxes and fees.
I think at that number, you are asking below cost. At least in this area, they are still moving albeit slowly.
Old 07-08-18, 02:36 PM
djxlilman
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think at that number, you are asking below cost. At least in this area, they are still moving albeit slowly.
For the target of $75-78k, is that including the current $5000 cash?
Old 07-08-18, 07:06 PM
Fatbarney
Driver

Originally Posted by djxlilman

For the target of $75-78k, is that including the current $5000 cash?
Yes, I think that price should include the rebate (which technically ends tomorrow!)
Old 07-09-18, 06:10 AM
2013gs350
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Guys here is dealer auction price i see there is lease returns and factory demos going thru
Old 07-09-18, 12:20 PM
crazych42
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 2013gs350
Guys here is dealer auction price i see there is lease returns and factory demos going thru
Good info. What is the date to the right of the price? Also, is this nationwide?

Thank you
Old 07-10-18, 07:06 AM
Fatbarney
Driver

Yes, I think that price should include the rebate (which technically ends tomorrow!)
Looks like no rebates for this month!
Old 07-10-18, 08:46 AM
Hudacris
Driver School Candidate

Looks like no rebates for this month!
I'm still seeing 2.9@60 and 3.9@72 and $5k cash offers through 7/31, in TN.

I do have a question as I've never done this before, but can I finance through my bank and still take advantage of the $5k cash?
Old 07-10-18, 10:30 AM
Fatbarney
Driver

Originally Posted by Hudacris
I'm still seeing 2.9@60 and 3.9@72 and $5k cash offers through 7/31, in TN.

I do have a question as I've never done this before, but can I finance through my bank and still take advantage of the $5k cash?
yep, looks like it's by region. You can still get the cash back with outside financing.

Quick Reply: Price Paid for a GS-F (Lease or Purchase)