GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

2015 GS350 FSport bumper conversion - need part numbers

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-19, 01:58 PM
Memo05
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2015 GS350 FSport bumper conversion - need part numbers

Hello CL community. First of all, new CL member here and new Lexus owner of a 2015 GS350. Purchased in December 2018 and loved every mile ever since! As the title says, I'm trying to do a front bumper conversion to the Fsport bumper, but just need some help identifying correct part numbers. After doing some research here on Club Lexus, I know others have done it and have linked the website to the parts(Sewell), but it seems like their parts website is no longer active/online. I tried calling my local Lexus dealership for help and quote, but let's just say that was a big waste of time. Any help on identifying part numbers would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Old 05-18-19, 03:31 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,135 Likes on 841 Posts

Welcome!

Helpful Thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...st-needed.html

You might have to get the bumper from eBay or your local dealership. I'm not sure if any dealerships will sell the front bumper cover online since its an over sized part which will need to be painted (#521193a962): https://www.mylparts.com/oem-parts/l...ver-521193a962

Grille:There may be a few parts like the tow hitch cover and other miscellaneous pieces you will need which the diagrams I posted in my links above will help you ascertain.

Best places online are mylparts.com and ssl-parts.com (both are Lexus dealerships in cali/arizona) with great prices. Use code CL5 for a discount on MyLParts.

Post some pics when you get it all complete!
The following users liked this post:
LexinOnEm (05-20-19)
Old 05-18-19, 04:09 PM
Memo05
Driver School Candidate

Thank you very much for the helpful links! Is there any other parts required for the Base to FSport conversion? Is it pretty close to a plug and play? I ask because when I spoke to my local dealership they were telling me I needed new fenders for the bumper to fit. It doesn't sound right, but then again i'm pretty new to this.
Old 05-18-19, 07:16 PM
Stewart350
Pit Crew

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Memo05
Thank you very much for the helpful links! Is there any other parts required for the Base to FSport conversion? Is it pretty close to a plug and play? I ask because when I spoke to my local dealership they were telling me I needed new fenders for the bumper to fit. It doesn't sound right, but then again i'm pretty new to this.
Look through this thread and you should be able to find the information you need.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...onversion.html
Old 05-19-19, 05:38 PM
Memo05
Driver School Candidate

Thank you for that thread link! Definitely answers my question about it being a plug and play(direct fit). Do any sites/shops sell painted bumpers or is that just something you do on your own? My GS is starfire pearl and I hear that one is quite hard to 100% match. Any tips?
Old 05-19-19, 07:32 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,135 Likes on 841 Posts

Thank you for that thread link! Definitely answers my question about it being a plug and play(direct fit). Do any sites/shops sell painted bumpers or is that just something you do on your own? My GS is starfire pearl and I hear that one is quite hard to 100% match. Any tips?
I don't think any places sell them painted. You can get a brand new one unpainted for around $300. Depending on your locale and the quality of the shop, paint might cost another $300. Keep in mind that dealerships don't have paint/body work in house - they outsource this with a local body shop that is typically trusted by the dealership.

I have Starfire Pearl and it is true this color is hard to match, but not impossible for a good shop. IMHO: Best to source the bumper from a local dealership where you can pick it up and they don't charge you an arm/leg for shipping. To me, new F sport bumper + paint + grille components + install should be roughly $800 to $1000 out of pocket.

To give you an idea of an unpainted f-sport bumper:
https://parts.rallyelexus.com/p/Lexu...21193A962.html
https://parts.lexusofkendall.com/oem...ver-521193a962
Old 09-23-20, 05:11 PM
Memo05
Driver School Candidate

Hello all. Reviving this post hoping that someone can help me out with this.

This has been a long time since I posted this asking for some help in identifying the part numbers, but FINALLY after a couple life events I am going to pull the trigger on the bumper and everything for the bumper conversion. So, something recently stumped me which is why I am reaching out to you all again hopefully somebody can help me out. This whole time I had been looking at the Fsport bumper (52119-3A962), but I just came across another bumper, similar part number (52119-3A961) which happens to match what my vehicle is equipped with (4 parking sensors without headlamp washers) based on several websites like carID, RockAuto, LexusParts and others.

So my question, those that have done the Fsport bumper conversion and that order the part ending in 962,did that come with the headlight washer cutout? Just trying to order correct part because I had not looked into the headlamp washer covers. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Old 01-05-21, 11:43 PM
asohal
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello all. Reviving this post hoping that someone can help me out with this.

This has been a long time since I posted this asking for some help in identifying the part numbers, but FINALLY after a couple life events I am going to pull the trigger on the bumper and everything for the bumper conversion. So, something recently stumped me which is why I am reaching out to you all again hopefully somebody can help me out. This whole time I had been looking at the Fsport bumper (52119-3A962), but I just came across another bumper, similar part number (52119-3A961) which happens to match what my vehicle is equipped with (4 parking sensors without headlamp washers) based on several websites like carID, RockAuto, LexusParts and others.

So my question, those that have done the Fsport bumper conversion and that order the part ending in 962,did that come with the headlight washer cutout? Just trying to order correct part because I had not looked into the headlamp washer covers. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Did you ever got an answer to this?