GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

iPhone X Bluetooth issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-17, 01:08 PM
rijc99
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default iPhone X Bluetooth issue

Is anyone here with an iPhone X experiencing bluetooth microphone issues? I can hear the other side perfectly fine but everyone keeps telling me they can’t hear me well. I used the car’s Bluetooth connection to take a voice memo and it does indeed sound garbled and staticky.

I’ve tested my phone with AirPods and my wife’s E300 and they’ve both worked perfectly so I’m temporarily ruling out hardware issue. I’m looking at software or a hardware incompatibility with the Lexus. I’ve tried deleting and re-pairing multiple times already.

14 GS350 and an iPhone X running 11.1.

I don't know what what to do but I take lots of calls in the car so I really need this to work.
Old 11-08-17, 03:05 AM
Cobra611
Pit Crew

Received 35 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by rijc99
Is anyone here with an iPhone X experiencing bluetooth microphone issues? I can hear the other side perfectly fine but everyone keeps telling me they can’t hear me well. I used the car’s Bluetooth connection to take a voice memo and it does indeed sound garbled and staticky.

I’ve tested my phone with AirPods and my wife’s E300 and they’ve both worked perfectly so I’m temporarily ruling out hardware issue. I’m looking at software or a hardware incompatibility with the Lexus. I’ve tried deleting and re-pairing multiple times already.

I don't know what what to do but I take lots of calls in the car so I really need this to work.
So far, I'm not having any issues...at least, no one has said anything from their end. I'm running 11.2 Beta 2 on my iPhone X in my '14 GS 350 F Sport. Was running 11.1 prior, again, with no issues.
Old 11-08-17, 05:50 AM
lysis250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

No issues here as well on my ‘15.
Old 11-08-17, 06:50 AM
allwheels
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

You may have a microphone issue possibly?
Old 11-08-17, 08:18 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 230 Likes on 181 Posts

No issues here talking on the phone with my iPhone X (11.1) on my 2017.

I am experiencing GPS issues on the iPhone X though. It keeps losing my position.
Old 11-30-17, 11:44 AM
cs9530
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rijc99

Yes, I'm having the same issue with an iPhoneX on my 2014 ES300h - software version 11.2. Works fine on my 2012 MB GL450.
Old 11-30-17, 12:55 PM
06ls430KTC
Intermediate

Received 76 Likes on 55 Posts

My iPhone X is working fine with my '16 GS.
Old 11-30-17, 02:01 PM
cs9530
4th Gear

Default iPhoneX Bluetooth Call Quality Issue Resolved!

Originally Posted by cs9530
Yes, I'm having the same issue with an iPhoneX on my 2014 ES300h - software version 11.2. Works fine on my 2012 MB GL450.
Issue is resolved...talked w/ Lexus - no help. Called Apple and they recommended a factory reset/reload of the phone.

1. Backup the phone (data, apps and settings) to a computer with iTunes.
2. Factory reset phone (you will be clearing all data, apps and settings).
3. Ensure you have the latest software update after the reset - all updates applied.
3. Restore phone from the backup - this will restore your apps, settings and data.

After this reset, my phone is clear on calls - main issue was the microphone garbled my voice on the other end making it difficult for others to understand me. As a minimum it was very annoying - allegedly, I sounded like an 105 year old chain smoker...

(Disclaimer: I've only had the phone restored for an hour. While I'm confident the issue is resolved, I haven't yet verified that ALL my apps, data, etc. are back as they were - If you have any doubts, check with Apple prior to a reset to make sure you understand what's getting backed up, deleted and restored!)

Cheers!
Old 11-30-17, 02:18 PM
rijc99
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by cs9530
Issue is resolved...talked w/ Lexus - no help. Called Apple and they recommended a factory reset/reload of the phone.

1. Backup the phone (data, apps and settings) to a computer with iTunes.
2. Factory reset phone (you will be clearing all data, apps and settings).
3. Ensure you have the latest software update after the reset - all updates applied.
3. Restore phone from the backup - this will restore your apps, settings and data.

After this reset, my phone is clear on calls - main issue was the microphone garbled my voice on the other end making it difficult for others to understand me. As a minimum it was very annoying - allegedly, I sounded like an 105 year old chain smoker...

(Disclaimer: I've only had the phone restored for an hour. While I'm confident the issue is resolved, I haven't yet verified that ALL my apps, data, etc. are back as they were - If you have any doubts, check with Apple prior to a reset to make sure you understand what's getting backed up, deleted and restored!)

Cheers!
Thanks. Would you mind checking back after a few days of use to let me know if the phone mic is still clear?
Old 11-30-17, 07:12 PM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 214 Likes on 146 Posts

Make sure you encrypt your backup file to preserve passwords and health data. YMMV.

No issues with my X and 16 F-Sport.
Old 12-01-17, 06:57 AM
GSHLNMTR
Driver School Candidate

I don't have the microphone issue, but texts won't push over bluetooth. Calls and music work fine, but no texts.
Old 12-01-17, 07:05 AM
bigblack06

Received 326 Likes on 223 Posts

Yea I got no issue's with mine works fine.
Old 12-01-17, 07:22 AM
rijc99
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GSHLNMTR
I don't have the microphone issue, but texts won't push over bluetooth. Calls and music work fine, but no texts.
Make sure this is turned on.
Old 12-01-17, 07:34 PM
drgrant
Instructor

Received 120 Likes on 99 Posts

Not specific to Lexus land per se, but numerous clients of mine have generically had iphone audio problems going on years.... the lady that cuts my hair went through like a 7 and two 8s before she got one that wasn't garbled My gut instinct is a factory wipe could have fixed a couple of her phones....

I find it funny that they can come out with a cell phone for $1000 in 2017 and the blueooth etc doesnt work properly, all the time.... this isnt' a generic apple bashing
fest either.... I have a Note 8 and an iPhone 7 plus I use in my lexus.... I just think that the consumers generally let Apple or whoever get away with murder... we have
phones that do all this amazing crap, yet in terms of basic functions like calls and SMS, a Blackberry Tour from god knows how many years ago is still an infinitely better device at those functions... go figure. I'm just glad that the full on GeeGaw moron/Tesla effect hasn't bled down into the cars we drive... at least not yet....

-Mike
Old 12-05-17, 04:45 PM
Reston4GS
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I’ve got an IPhone X 11.1.2 operating on a 2013 and no issues what so ever...

Quick Reply: iPhone X Bluetooth issue