2013 Lexus GS Start Up Screen

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-14, 06:25 AM
jj14
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by pringle
What does that mean, exactly?
Probably that HFactor will attempt to communicate (Email/ call/ meet/ snail-mail/ Telepathicly/ other) with somebody at Lexus Corporate office to find out if there is a way to have animated custom startup screen loaded into the GS's nav system
Old 05-06-14, 05:39 AM
NoDak
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if its anything like the new entune systems in the Toyota that have this feature in the 2014's, you can specify startup and display off pictures.

the thumb drive can be any size up to 64/128gb

formatted Fat32 (NTFS will not work)

.jpg format(s)

startup images have to go into a folder named "StartupImage"

display off images have to go into a folder named "DisplayOffImage"

you can upload up to 3 images per folder and rotate between 4 images uploaded (3 personal, 1 factory default)
Old 05-06-14, 06:33 AM
jamodeo

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I just stumbled on this post, but I wanted to share with all of you the screen resolution Lexus specifies. Looks like 1280x480 full screen, and 800x480 when in split screen

-Joe
Attached Thumbnails 2013 Lexus GS Start Up Screen-ls460-screen-specs.jpg  
Old 05-06-14, 01:30 PM
pringle
Rookie

Originally Posted by jj14
Probably that HFactor will attempt to communicate (Email/ call/ meet/ snail-mail/ Telepathicly/ other) with somebody at Lexus Corporate office to find out if there is a way to have animated custom startup screen loaded into the GS's nav system
Not sure if you are elaborating on the word "communicate", and then repeating the initial question in the thread because you are trying to be funny or unkind?

At any rate, I was wondering if he knows someone specific in Torrance that he can contact.
Old 05-07-14, 04:52 PM
G-SharK
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default testing

I did this just to test it out.. it was simple and easy.
Attached Thumbnails 2013 Lexus GS Start Up Screen-20140507_184005.jpg  
Old 05-08-14, 05:31 AM
jucytec
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NoDak
if its anything like the new entune systems in the Toyota that have this feature in the 2014's, you can specify startup and display off pictures.

the thumb drive can be any size up to 64/128gb

formatted Fat32 (NTFS will not work)

.jpg format(s)

startup images have to go into a folder named "StartupImage"

display off images have to go into a folder named "DisplayOffImage"

you can upload up to 3 images per folder and rotate between 4 images uploaded (3 personal, 1 factory default)
does it self copy or do i have to have a USB drive plugged in at all times?
Old 05-08-14, 05:41 AM
jj14
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Not sure if you are elaborating on the word "communicate", and then repeating the initial question in the thread because you are trying to be funny or unkind?

At any rate, I was wondering if he knows someone specific in Torrance that he can contact.
Well, given that your question was kinda vague "What does that mean exactly", I didn't know how else to respond to that. Now that you have clarified your question "does he know anyone specific that he will contact", maybe he will respond with an appropriate answer.

My response wasn't meant to be unkind - realize that there are folks who log onto this site from countries where their primary language may not be English, so elaborating on a response that is simple for us here in the US may not be the same for folks from other countries (even if they are now in the US)

Last edited by jj14; 05-08-14 at 05:45 AM.
Old 05-08-14, 06:38 AM
G-SharK
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jucytec
does it self copy or do i have to have a USB drive plugged in at all times?
Once you transfer the photos over and save it. They are in memory and the usb does not need to be plugged in.
Old 05-09-14, 03:32 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Since the only image format is jpeg, has anyone tried feeding it an AVI video encoded with the mjpeg codec?
Old 05-09-14, 05:56 PM
tompass
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Transferred startup image only appears for a second or so
Old 05-12-14, 10:58 AM
HFactor
Driver School Candidate

Cool

What does that mean, exactly?
I means that I will use my contacts with the Lexus Corporate office that I have here in Southern California to see if there is a Definitive answer about a Startup animation image. I didn't realize this thread had gotten so popular now.

From everything I have tested as far as File formats, .jpg/.jpeg, .gif, .tiff, .bmp,.png,.mp4 / .mpeg4, .avi, etc....it only supports the .jpg / .jpeg file format. If you really want help with it you can bring it to the dealership and the service team should be able to load it. I know for a FACT that the USB drive cannot be formatted for Mac as it will not recognize it as that has happened a handful of times when I have personally worked with Customers who brought their car to our dealership and could not get it to work.

When I get any more information on this functionality one way or the other I will let you know.
Old 07-18-14, 01:30 AM
CallMeIC
Driver School Candidate

On page 268 of my manual on a 2014 it says the folder needs to be named "Image" no StartupImage and the files must be JPEG. Hope this helps!
Old 09-14-14, 02:15 AM
himalay555
Driver School Candidate

Default uploading pics to start up screen on lexus gs 350 awd

Hi everybody,
Recently I uploaded 3 pictures to start up screen following the instructions mentioned forum. I successfuly uploaded fotos to start up screen. But while uploading fotos in order to change the screen off foto, system hung down and I had to turn of the wehicle. Later on I tried several times to upload new fotos but, it replies me to chose the proper types of fotos according to the user manual. Even I tried to upload that fotos which I uploaded to start up screen but no result (( Then I deleted the personal data. Now I can't upload fotos neither to start up screen (even those ones which I previously uploaded) nor screen off. It asks me to chose the proper fotos. What should I do? Could enyone help me please?
Thank you in advance..
Old 11-27-14, 07:27 AM
tcpalmer
Driver School Candidate

Default Rotating images

Do the uploaded images rotate on the startup screen when the start up button is pushed?
I have uploaded 3 images but only one comes up on the screen when the engine button is pushed. I thought maybe all three would rotate.
Thanks
Old 01-19-16, 11:42 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

I tried everything including wiping a USB and only loading the single "StartupImage" folder and even resized al the images, still nothing. Any ideas? I'm using a SanDisk Cruzer

Quick Reply: 2013 Lexus GS Start Up Screen