GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Grom vline2

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-21, 02:09 AM
basic96
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Grom vline2

Hello. I just installee grom vl2 and have 3 issues. Wondering if someone else had them too.
1) mouse pad not working good sometimes. It goes everywhere and impossible to write something
2) when i start the car and original menu starts blinking every 1-2 seconds but when i go on v line and back to org menu it stops blinking.
3) mark levinson system sounds worse with grom, tried with spotify and grom bluetooth and it does not sound as good as org bluetooth of the car. Any help?

and any idea why i cant fine netflix on the play store? I find everything else but not netflix🧐

Last edited by basic96; 12-14-21 at 02:14 AM.
Old 12-14-21, 06:29 AM
Kingmatt24
Intermediate

Received 184 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by basic96
Hello. I just installee grom vl2 and have 3 issues. Wondering if someone else had them too.
1) mouse pad not working good sometimes. It goes everywhere and impossible to write something
2) when i start the car and original menu starts blinking every 1-2 seconds but when i go on v line and back to org menu it stops blinking.
3) mark levinson system sounds worse with grom, tried with spotify and grom bluetooth and it does not sound as good as org bluetooth of the car. Any help?

and any idea why i cant fine netflix on the play store? I find everything else but not netflix🧐
I had a ton of issues with VLine earlier this year for the few months I had it. As for the sound system, VLine plays your BT music through the “AUX” input mode. So change your AUX settings to whatever you have your BT audio settings
Old 12-14-21, 06:30 AM
Kingmatt24
Intermediate

After I changed the settings, I found that the music quality was actually better than when it was played through the factory BT audio mode
Old 12-14-21, 06:38 AM
BMGS
Racer

Received 546 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by Kingmatt24
After I changed the settings, I found that the music quality was actually better than when it was played through the factory BT audio mode
Absolutely agreed. I use the aux/external input in conjunction with a screen mirroring setup and a bluetooth mouse. I notice the quality increase every time it switches over.
Old 12-14-21, 06:40 AM
basic96
Rookie

I had a ton of issues with VLine earlier this year for the few months I had it. As for the sound system, VLine plays your BT music through the “AUX” input mode. So change your AUX settings to whatever you have your BT audio settings

how do i change aux settings? Do i do this on vline or the factory side?
Old 12-14-21, 06:46 AM
basic96
Rookie

the sound itself is good but i see from factory bluetooth subwoofer/bass sound is alot stronger than vline music. I have the bass at 100% in factory mode and its alot stronger than vline
Old 12-14-21, 06:53 AM
Kingmatt24
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BMGS
Absolutely agreed. I use the aux/external input in conjunction with a screen mirroring setup and a bluetooth mouse. I notice the quality increase every time it switches over.
I really miss using the AUX input but not being able to replay, move onto next track, etc became a deal breaker sadly
Old 12-14-21, 06:54 AM
Kingmatt24
Intermediate

how do i change aux settings? Do i do this on vline or the factory side?
you do it in factory settings. Just do it when you’re in AUX input mode on the screen and it should say “sound” or something in the bottom and you can change the bass and stuff
Old 12-14-21, 07:03 AM
basic96
Rookie

you do it in factory settings. Just do it when you’re in AUX input mode on the screen and it should say “sound” or something in the bottom and you can change the bass and stuff
when i press aux button the vline comes up. Am i doing it wrong?
Old 12-14-21, 07:15 AM
Kingmatt24
Intermediate

when i press aux button the vline comes up. Am i doing it wrong?
it’s been a long time since I’ve had VLine but I remember on the VLine home screen on the 2nd or 3rd page there was a row/icon with a couple dots that took you to factory UI. Then once you get in factory UI it should be easy
Old 12-14-21, 07:31 AM
basic96
Rookie

it’s been a long time since I’ve had VLine but I remember on the VLine home screen on the 2nd or 3rd page there was a row/icon with a couple dots that took you to factory UI. Then once you get in factory UI it should be easy
hmm cant seem to find the icon, what is this UI
Old 12-14-21, 07:35 AM
BMGS
Racer

Received 546 Likes on 337 Posts

I really miss using the AUX input but not being able to replay, move onto next track, etc became a deal breaker sadly
I use a bluetooth media button mounted right below the parking brake button so its hidden, or I use voice commands (easy on my android). So worth it to not have to deal with the hassle of a Grom or AA/Carplay.
Old 12-14-21, 07:47 AM
Kingmatt24
Intermediate

hmm cant seem to find the icon, what is this UI
hard to explain over text. If you’re already in CarPlay when you go into AUX, then go to the Home Screen of CarPlay to go back to GROM’s interface. Should be a grom logo for one of the apps. Then once on GROM’s interface look around the home pages until you find something and it should say “factory UI” or something.
Old 12-14-21, 07:49 AM
Kingmatt24
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BMGS
I use a bluetooth media button mounted right below the parking brake button so its hidden, or I use voice commands (easy on my android). So worth it to not have to deal with the hassle of a Grom or AA/Carplay.
good idea. For the button, does your phone still have to be connect to BT even though you’re on AUX mode?
Old 12-14-21, 07:49 AM
basic96
Rookie

hard to explain over text. If you’re already in CarPlay when you go into AUX, then go to the Home Screen of CarPlay to go back to GROM’s interface. Should be a grom logo for one of the apps. Then once on GROM’s interface look around the home pages until you find something and it should say “factory UI” or something.
found a video om yt and it looks like u said bit i did not see it on mine maybe if i look or download it

Quick Reply: Grom vline2