GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Anyone seen these wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-21, 02:06 AM
Lukas99GS
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Anyone seen these wheels?

I hit a bad pothole today in my 16 f sport and curbed both my driver side wheels, my other wheels already had curb rash from previous owner so I want to replace them all I like the stock two tone f sport wheels but I can’t seem to find them anywhere online. Lexus wants like $800 per wheel and I don’t really wanna pay that. I saw these oem wheels but I don’t think I’ve ever seen them on any Lexus, and was wondering if anyone has a pic of them on a GS or IS etc, I’m not sure how I feel about them or if I should just pay for the stock f sport wheels
Old 10-13-21, 07:44 AM
N0b0dy
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

You can always get the wheel repaired and refinished.
you can ask this place for a quote.
https://www.awrswheelrepair.com/
Old 10-13-21, 11:31 AM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,138 Likes on 843 Posts

I saw those "tuning fork" style wheels on a GS a few years ago and posted about it here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ed-alloys.html

I doubt they are actually forged alloys since typically that commands a much higher price tag. I think maybe the Lexus website originally mislabeled them as forged when they are not.

I'd say stick with the OEM F-Sport wheels as they look better IMHO and get them repaired. A repair for curbing should only cost about $75 per wheel.
Old 10-13-21, 01:07 PM
LexusGSboy
Instructor

Received 493 Likes on 266 Posts

I've been told that good wheel folks can work wonders with repairing and refinishing wheels so I would definitely suggest looking into that option.

Here's another place to consider - if I'm understanding things correctly I think they have what you're looking for:
https://www.hubcaphaven.com/c/825/le...eels_rims.html

I know some folks here on the forum have had good luck with Hubcap Heaven. I know about them mostly from friends/family in the classic car world who have used them since before the internet was a thing. Looks like prices have gone up a little.

Also - make sure to double check size - if your GS is RWD you'll need the x9 for the rear and the x8 for the front I believe.

I do believe the GS looks good with other Lexus OEM wheels - Attached are a couple photos of another member's Lux GS with different RC wheels from a different thread. Just as another possible option to consider while you're looking.

Old 10-13-21, 01:32 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,227 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusGSboy
I've been told that good wheel folks can work wonders with repairing and refinishing wheels so I would definitely suggest looking into that option.

Here's another place to consider - if I'm understanding things correctly I think they have what you're looking for:
https://www.hubcaphaven.com/c/825/le...eels_rims.html

I know some folks here on the forum have had good luck with Hubcap Heaven. I know about them mostly from friends/family in the classic car world who have used them since before the internet was a thing. Looks like prices have gone up a little.

Also - make sure to double check size - if your GS is RWD you'll need the x9 for the rear and the x8 for the front I believe.

I do believe the GS looks good with other Lexus OEM wheels - Attached are a couple photos of another member's Lux GS with different RC wheels from a different thread. Just as another possible option to consider while you're looking.
I got my ES lux wheels from hubcap haven and they even powder coated it gloss black for no extra charge. Best way is to call them up. They jacked the price up $400 for a set of 4 after selling to me:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ls-on-4gs.html
Old 10-13-21, 06:16 PM
initial
Intermediate

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts

The new IS350 f-sports have something like those if not similar. Those wheels I've seen in person, they look good up until you put it on the car and it looks weird lol.
Old 10-13-21, 06:24 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,275 Likes on 1,012 Posts

If I read correctly and you only curb rashed them? No bends?

90% of the cars at car dealers have had the wheels refinished. I would not buy a whole new set of rims for just that when you can get all of them 4 refinished like new for a fraction of the cost for new rims. They do a excellent job on refinish of curb rash. If needed they can straighten Bent rims too.

Last edited by jgscott; 10-14-21 at 09:02 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-13-21, 07:41 PM
LexusGSboy
Instructor

Received 493 Likes on 266 Posts

They can do pretty amazing things.....I had a wheel get cracked - I'm guessing it was a pothole or something I hit but it wasn't loosing air fast so I'm not sure exactly. I think the wheel was slightly out of round as well. The tire guy I went to at the time recommended a place because the OEM Infiniti wheels were something like $1200/ea They welded it, made it round again, mounted and balanced everything on that wheel for around $125/$150 I think. That was probably 10 years ago and I've never had an issue with that wheel.

When I questioned the tire guy about what I could expect in terms of how good the repair would be he mentioned a wheel off a Jaguar that a good customer brought in. He swore it was shaped like an egg from hitting pothole doing 80. I didn't quite believe it so I chatted with the wheel repair guy and he showed me some before/after photos of things he had repaired. He said there are things he doesn't fix but there's a lot that they can.
Old 10-18-21, 01:47 AM
Lukas99GS
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

After seeing that link, yeah those wheels definitely don’t look great on the GS, I did call a wheel repair shop and was quoted about $750 to redo all 4 wheels and straighten any bends if there are any. I just wasn’t sure how they would fix the outer edge on these wheels since it’s bare metal on the outer edge, I figured they typically fill them in and then paint over them or something, but they said they could make them like new again. I’ll try to post before and after pics when I get them done, they said it takes around 5 days so I’ll have to plan for a time I’m not working and don’t need my car.
Old 10-18-21, 04:14 AM
charley95
Pole Position

Received 534 Likes on 389 Posts

The only way to duplicate the bare metal on a wheel is to add material and re-machine the finish. I spoke to one wheel repair shop on how they duplicate it and they paint it silver. If you look close at the metal you can see the lines from a finishing bit from a lathe.
Old 10-19-21, 09:51 AM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,275 Likes on 1,012 Posts

Originally Posted by Lukas99GS
After seeing that link, yeah those wheels definitely don’t look great on the GS, I did call a wheel repair shop and was quoted about $750 to redo all 4 wheels and straighten any bends if there are any. I just wasn’t sure how they would fix the outer edge on these wheels since it’s bare metal on the outer edge, I figured they typically fill them in and then paint over them or something, but they said they could make them like new again. I’ll try to post before and after pics when I get them done, they said it takes around 5 days so I’ll have to plan for a time I’m not working and don’t need my car.
That sounds kinda high to me? But cheaper than a set on new wheels still.