GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Lexus IS 500 TV Commercials

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-21, 07:19 PM
Hues10
Advanced

Received 161 Likes on 124 Posts
Default Lexus IS 500 TV Commercials

I know this is the GS Forum, but am watching the Penguin/Tampa Hockey game, and the Lexus commercials for the IS 500 are junk (in my opinion). They show a couple of shall we say hip/hop singers doing whatever they do with their music, and maybe driving the car for like 5 seconds. Really now, who are they targeting with this ad, cause it is not me. Who at Lexus thought this is a good idea. Advertise the car and tell me why I should want to buy it. Not this showy music crap that is targeted towards and age group that is barely out of their parent’s basement. I know, don’t watch if you don’t like it. Why I like DVR’s.
Old 10-12-21, 09:46 PM
initial
Intermediate

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts

I agree that the IS500 commercials are junk. On TV, social media, and youtube. It really deters me from even getting the IS500. GSF and ISF are my go to picks over the IS500. But that's my opinion
Old 10-13-21, 03:15 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,018 Likes on 1,435 Posts

I agree - it's junk...I don't know what the Lexus marketing execs were thinking when they agreed to that television commercial. I guess they think wanna-be teenage rappers and brain-dead druggies are going to be inspired to ride their skateboards to their local Lexus dealership to buy the IS 500.

Here is info on the Lexus IS 500 TV commercial:

Link to commercial ► https://www.ispot.tv/ad/qwBz/lexus-i...turing-ecko-t1

Lexus IS 500 TV Commercial, 'La Via Rapida' Song by Nova Wav, Ecko [T1]

Whether he's getting lined up from his barber or pushing the limits in a Lexus IS 500, Argentinian rapper ECKO is always writing and repeating his rhymes to find the best flow possible, because performance means nothing unless it sparks something. The automaker invites viewers to hear the rest of ECKO's verses on its website.

Song: No Ceiling - Nova Wav, Ecko

URL: http://www.lexus.com/sparks

Last edited by bclexus; 10-13-21 at 04:35 AM.
Old 10-13-21, 04:15 AM
Hues10
Advanced

Received 161 Likes on 124 Posts

BCLexus, thanks for the link. I thought I saw a similar commercial for the LS500h featuring a different “hip-hopper”. The LS500h- really Lexus!!!! I don’t even know why I care, other than I do not understand Lexus marketing. Heads up Lexus, the only people who might buy the LS500h is a middle aged, somewhat financially successful male, and not because some rap star, who nobody knows, pretends to enhance her life and profession by owning it. OK, back to our regular programming of the now canceled GS in all its previous glory.
Old 10-13-21, 05:56 AM
Nalod
Advanced

Received 289 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by Hues10
I know this is the GS Forum, but am watching the Penguin/Tampa Hockey game, and the Lexus commercials for the IS 500 are junk (in my opinion). They show a couple of shall we say hip/hop singers doing whatever they do with their music, and maybe driving the car for like 5 seconds. Really now, who are they targeting with this ad, cause it is not me. Who at Lexus thought this is a good idea. Advertise the car and tell me why I should want to buy it. Not this showy music crap that is targeted towards and age group that is barely out of their parent’s basement. I know, don’t watch if you don’t like it. Why I like DVR’s.
What is your demographic?
Usually they are image commercials not about the car. SUV’s are about control over mother nature, independence activities like camping. Notice many with single parent and one kid? Dad tryging to show how cool he is to son? Etc etc. They are not forum geeks into specs and mods. Young latino musicians won’t appeal typical Lexus buyers but they are trying to change image. Toyota truck commericals with 30 year olds tearing up the land having fun, or group racing in corollas. its about freedom, fun, and perception the car will set you free. Not the true demographic of the buyer but they are trying to bend the perceptions and have made styling more agressive. the 60 year old LS buyer remembers his dad had a boring *** LS and needs to erase that image and instead feel good with a high tech image and feel younger.
Old 10-13-21, 11:22 PM
EyeKutr
Pole Position

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

That commercial .......wow...just wow
Old 10-14-21, 05:23 AM
charley95
Pole Position

Received 537 Likes on 390 Posts

I'd rather watch dogs driving a Subaru.
The following users liked this post:
jeverett72 (10-17-21)
Old 10-14-21, 06:43 AM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,138 Likes on 843 Posts

Agreed that commercial isn't exactly one of their best.

Its always better to keep it simple, to the point and catchy...love the way the 2GS looks as it slows-up to the stop light in the "Pace Yourself" commercial from 20yrs ago:

I personally always liked this one when the 2013 GS first came out:

Last edited by AJLex19; 10-14-21 at 06:47 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Im2bz2p345 (10-14-21)
Old 10-14-21, 08:07 PM
CottageChz
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Ha! I remember seeing the “hypnotize” commercial for the 2013 GS way before I owned one. I forgot that the commercial was for Lexus, but I remember the beginning part of it.

I agree that those new commercials are trash. I also saw them during a hockey game and couldn’t help but think w t f??
Old 10-15-21, 01:10 AM
OUT FOX EM
Pit Crew

Received 71 Likes on 53 Posts

Explains why they ditched the GS. Lexus is lost and wandering through the desert right now.