GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

First Highlighter GS In the World!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-21, 01:49 AM
wei520jenn
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Default First Highlighter GS In the World!

If you’ve seen this tennis ball colored GS somewhere in Dallas TX, that’s me, feel free to say hi! I’m also on Instagram: Will_EXP. It’s wrapped and took my buddy and I a week to finish. The end result was great and I’ve been enjoying the attention I’ve gotten. Being a realtor, the greatest way to advertise is most likely my car. It’s been a conversation starter for sure. I have had the car since early 2016, and this wrap made the biggest change to how the car look.

The following 7 users liked this post by wei520jenn:
17luxlex (07-25-21), 2GR (07-29-21), Im2bz2p345 (07-30-21), MX73 (07-29-21), peteharvey (08-10-21), SC300Es (07-29-21), signdetres (07-25-21) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-25-21, 03:07 AM
DiscoJango
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Love it, glad to see the car modding scene is alive over there, its all but dead here in Australia
Old 07-25-21, 03:40 AM
Dreamcast
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by DiscoJango
Love it, glad to see the car modding scene is alive over there, its all but dead here in Australia
I don't think it was ever alive for Lexus in Australia. I would love to do something to my GS but I would have to pay thousands just for simple cosmetics like skirts and spoilers.
Old 07-25-21, 03:42 AM
Dreamcast
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by wei520jenn
If you’ve seen this tennis ball colored GS somewhere in Dallas TX, that’s me, feel free to say hi! I’m also on Instagram: Will_EXP. It’s wrapped and took my buddy and I a week to finish. The end result was great and I’ve been enjoying the attention I’ve gotten. Being a realtor, the greatest way to advertise is most likely my car. It’s been a conversation starter for sure. I have had the car since early 2016, and this wrap made the biggest change to how the car look.
It looks ace. I'm not normally a fan of neon colours but yours with the blacked out trim looks awesome.

I like the side skirt and front lip. What are they?
The following users liked this post:
wei520jenn (08-09-21)
Old 07-25-21, 06:14 AM
Nalod
Advanced

Received 286 Likes on 176 Posts

certainly an attention grabber.
If that what you need to get your business and stand out then perhaps its worth it.
It looks fun. That is the image you want to portray? Week vacation wrapping a car? Fun boy clown car?
Does everyone know you because of the car really a good thing?
Old 07-25-21, 08:10 AM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,266 Likes on 1,005 Posts

Someone posted your car in another thread recently here. I said I'm don't normally like cars like that but even being a GS, I like that one alot.

So what color was it before the wrap, and what color is the interior?
Old 07-28-21, 11:29 PM
LexusGSboy
Instructor

Received 493 Likes on 266 Posts

Wow...

I tend to be a be a bit more tame in colors I like cars in but I think it looks good. It's definitely an attention grabber. I think what really makes it work is taking it to the level you did with everything being highlighter yellow or black - including the smoking of the headlights, etc... I think the only thing that seems off is something about the L on grille emblem. It looks like it's just a tiny bit too wide in the line thickness.

So the thing that stands out to me is the lower part of the front bumper. Obviously it looks like those are different inserts with lights but it also looks like you filled in a piece with black wrap next to where inserts are? I think that makes that area of the bumper look a lot better visually - great job.

It would be great to see more pics of the car from other angles.

PS - the only downside is that EVERYONE in town now knows exactly where you are
Old 07-29-21, 02:06 AM
GOMBURZA
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Car looks great! What front lip and side skirts are those?
Old 08-09-21, 12:45 AM
wei520jenn
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Dreamcast
It looks ace. I'm not normally a fan of neon colours but yours with the blacked out trim looks awesome.

I like the side skirt and front lip. What are they?
front lip is Lexon rep, and I made the sideskirts myself
Old 08-09-21, 12:50 AM
wei520jenn
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LexusGSboy
Wow...

I tend to be a be a bit more tame in colors I like cars in but I think it looks good. It's definitely an attention grabber. I think what really makes it work is taking it to the level you did with everything being highlighter yellow or black - including the smoking of the headlights, etc... I think the only thing that seems off is something about the L on grille emblem. It looks like it's just a tiny bit too wide in the line thickness.

So the thing that stands out to me is the lower part of the front bumper. Obviously it looks like those are different inserts with lights but it also looks like you filled in a piece with black wrap next to where inserts are? I think that makes that area of the bumper look a lot better visually - great job.

It would be great to see more pics of the car from other angles.

PS - the only downside is that EVERYONE in town now knows exactly where you are
I can’t go anywhere without being recognized that for sure lol. It was white before I decided to wrap it lime green

AJLex19 (08-09-21)
Old 08-09-21, 10:27 AM
MX73
Racer

Received 289 Likes on 224 Posts

I can’t go anywhere without being recognized that for sure lol. It was white before I decided to wrap it lime green

When was this? I live in one of the complex next to the Plano\Richardson Dart Parking. I could have been the black sheep. lol.
Old 08-09-21, 08:42 PM
Dreamcast
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Nalod
certainly an attention grabber.
If that what you need to get your business and stand out then perhaps its worth it.
It looks fun. That is the image you want to portray? Week vacation wrapping a car? Fun boy clown car?
Does everyone know you because of the car really a good thing?
Why be a douche?
Old 08-09-21, 11:10 PM
LexusGSboy
Instructor

Can you describe a little more about what's going on here:

At first I thought you had a insert with a completely different shape but then looking closer and looking at the photo of when the car was white, it looks like you have a piece of black film/wrap cut in there? I really like how it seems to visually change that front area of the car.

Do you have a close up of that area and a pic of the car from more of an angle of the front?
Old 08-10-21, 09:08 AM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,135 Likes on 841 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusGSboy
Can you describe a little more about what's going on here:

At first I thought you had a insert with a completely different shape but then looking closer and looking at the photo of when the car was white, it looks like you have a piece of black film/wrap cut in there? I really like how it seems to visually change that front area of the car.
Do you have a close up of that area and a pic of the car from more of an angle of the front?
OP can confirm but I think its a black wrap that creates a bigger "vented" look in that area of the bumper. Its filling out that triangular area. I think i saw someone do something similar to their white, non F-Sport recently. Interestingly, the original pre-fresh F-Sport bumper had a larger/wider fog light area garnish compared to the refreshed F-sport:

https://www.automotiveaddicts.com/wp...Done-Small.jpg

https://images.dealersync.com/cloud/...189_361030.jpg

Im2bz2p345 (08-13-21)
Old 08-10-21, 10:33 AM
LexusGSboy
Instructor

Originally Posted by AJLex19
OP can confirm but I think its a black wrap that creates a bigger "vented" look in that area of the bumper. Its filling out that triangular area. I think i saw someone do something similar to their white, non F-Sport recently. Interestingly, the original pre-fresh F-Sport bumper had a larger/wider fog light area garnish compared to the refreshed F-sport:
Thanks AJLex19!

That was basically my assumption too but I wanted to confirm and hopefully see how it looked from other angles. That whole area around the vent is one of the design elements I dislike the most and that solution I think minimizes what I don't like about it in a pretty simple way. Personally I think the 13-15 and the GS F vents/bumper looked better in that specific area.

Quick Reply: First Highlighter GS In the World!