GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Upgrading seats to semi aniline Luxury Mod

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-19, 09:12 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,227 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Originally Posted by signdetres
I went to a Lexus driving event & got to hoon the GS F (and RC F with same seats) around a track. They're super supportive & look awesome, but nowhere near as comfortable as the 16-way F-Sport seat in my GS350, let alone as comfy as I'd bet the 18-way semi-aniline seats will be. In addition, they're "only" 10-way adjustable. You lose a lot of adjustability & also lose the active headrests on the 18-way seats. And from what I've read owners complain about, apparently the heating & cooling functions aren't very good at all and perform worse than the heating & cooling functions on the regular GS seats.

They look great, but I'd argue are a compromise overall. Especially seeing as a GS350/GS450 can't be pushed to the same limits that a GS F can.
Yes I agree the GS-F seats look great, but no way a sport seat will be more comfortable than the Luxury. At one point I was considering just changing out the driver's seat to just an f-sport since that's all I could find in Flaxen. The thigh extension alone makes a big difference.

I check car-parts.com to search all the junkyards periodically. As soon as I saw these seats and the price they were asking I called them right away. They said they just got the car 4 days ago. The only hurdle was they didn't accept credit card or paypal because they have been burned in the past, probably with a fraudulent chargeback. So my options to pay was wire transfer or send a check.

I sent a certified check USPS priority. USPS tracking said it was delivered in/at the mailbox on Thursday. The junkyard said they didn't receive it. I called the local post office and they said it was delivered and have a gps mark right in front of the mailbox. Then the post office called the junkyard, and the junkyard called me to keep me in the loop.

Then it turns out the post office actually delivered it on Friday. Junkyard called to say they have the check, once the funds are clear this week they will call me back and set up the shipping.

Old 02-24-19, 09:16 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Are you going to do anything about the seat memory switches? I think only the Luxury model has the seat memory buttons for the passenger too?
Old 02-24-19, 09:28 AM
baconRx
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 83 Posts

Too bad none of the new cars have lux seats. Kinda interested in trying them. I like the hugging feeling and I don’t think the fsport seats hug you enough.
Old 02-24-19, 09:31 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by UDel
Are you going to do anything about the seat memory switches? I think only the Luxury model has the seat memory buttons for the passenger too?
I already wired the plug for the passenger side memory seat controls.

So I'll test it out again after I install the lux seat.

Last edited by peasodos; 02-24-19 at 10:11 AM.
Old 02-24-19, 09:36 AM
baconRx
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by peasodos
I already wired the plug for the passenger side memory seat controls:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...-lexus-gs.html

So I'll test it out again after I install the lux seat.
do passenger seats auto retract when you unbuckle like driverside or are they stationary?
Old 02-24-19, 10:00 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by baconRx

do passenger seats auto retract when you unbuckle like driverside or are they stationary?
I don't think they do in the luxury package, only the driver's seat.
Old 02-24-19, 10:33 AM
signdetres
Racer

Received 870 Likes on 502 Posts

Originally Posted by baconRx

I think all cars that do this (as far as sliding the seat back) only do it for the driver's side as it's to make as much space as possible to clear the steering wheel. Not sure any car exists that does this on the passenger side as there really isn't a need for it.

I would be curious to know, however, if the lumbar/side bolsters deflate/open up on the passenger side when you unbuckle, like the driver's seat does.
Old 02-24-19, 11:36 AM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,135 Likes on 841 Posts

@peasodos: Any chance you know the OEM part numbers for the luxury front and rear seats?
Old 02-25-19, 04:06 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by AJLex19
@peasodos: Any chance you know the OEM part numbers for the luxury front and rear seats?
I checked and it looks like Lexus doesn't sell the entire seat, only the parts for it.
The following users liked this post:
AJLex19 (02-25-19)
Old 02-25-19, 09:54 AM
bob256k
Instructor

Received 266 Likes on 204 Posts

So does the luxury passenger seat have the same adjustments as the driver's fsport seat, or is it the same as the passenger f-sport seat, with like 5 adjustments?
Old 02-25-19, 09:58 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bob256k
So does the luxury passenger seat have the same adjustments as the driver's fsport seat, or is it the same as the passenger f-sport seat, with like 5 adjustments?
The passenger Lux seat is 18-way power adjustable like the drivers seat.

The f-sport driver seat is 16 way power adjustable
The f-sport passenger seat is 10 way power adjustable

The standard seats I currently have are 10 way power adjustable for both seats.
Old 02-25-19, 09:59 AM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,135 Likes on 841 Posts

I checked and it looks like Lexus doesn't sell the entire seat, only the parts for it.
Thanks...thats what I saw as well - only various parts like the cushion or back. Prices were steep too (the main part of the front seats were $900+ brand new!).
Old 02-28-19, 08:05 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Apparently for the delivery the shipping company uses a 53-foot freight truck. Have to get it delivered to a nearby street since my apartment complex can't handle the truck.
Old 03-01-19, 08:09 PM
jonathancl
Racer

Received 359 Likes on 249 Posts

The passenger Lux seat is 18-way power adjustable like the drivers seat.
In short: they are the bee's knees.
I never was sure why bees' knees were so special...then I got these seats.
Now I know.

Luxury seats are an excellent upgrade.
Nice choice, Peas.
The following users liked this post:
bob256k (03-12-19)
Old 03-12-19, 11:15 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

The seats finally came in today, was quite the process, but worth it. They are a bit dirty, just need a good cleaning. I sat on it and you can feel the leather is noticeably softer. The wrinkles in the back seat will go away once I hit it with a heat gun.

In total it cost me $1350 + $28.50(Uhaul rental) to get these inside my apartment. The front seats are about 70 pounds each, I just put it over my shoulder to go up the flight of stairs to my apartment.
$578.50 for the shipping including uhaul and $800 for the seats. Man if it was local would have been a steal. Still a great deal, I will get a good amount of that back once I sell my stock seats.

Last edited by peasodos; 03-12-19 at 11:18 AM.

Quick Reply: Upgrading seats to semi aniline Luxury Mod